The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

The upper class is the only structure that can support living "like everybody did" 50 years ago, requires two professional salaries

the middle and lower can't do this and is sadly cutting away the social ties of community, church and family that is essential to support in this world, especially if you aren't hauling in $250,000 a year

This is way overstated, to the point of being absurd.  It's not earnings, it's a decline in conservative social mores as values and handheld technologies and social media replacing human interaction.

29 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This is way overstated, to the point of being absurd.  It's not earnings, it's a decline in conservative social mores as values and handheld technologies and social media replacing human interaction.

not at all.... people not making huge $$$ are hiving off without family, community volunteerism or anything outside their job and work.

the poor are having kids they can't afford and off into opiate-land

unless you live in a city where with $100,000 in cash you can buy a nice house and get back and forth from work no sweat.

Undoing the Dis-Education of Millenials

So, here are three ground rules for the rest of the semester.

1.  The only “ism” I ever want to come out your mouth is a syllogism. If I catch you using an “ism” or its analogous “ist” — racist, classist, etc. — then you will not be permitted to continue speaking until you have first identified which “ism” you are guilty of at that very moment. You are not allowed to fault others for being biased or privileged until you have first identified and examined your own biases and privileges.

2.  If I catch you this semester using the words “fair,” “diversity,” or “equality,” or a variation on those terms, and you do not stop immediately to explain what you mean, you will lose your privilege to express any further opinions in class until you first demonstrate that you understand three things about the view that you are criticizing.

3.  If you ever begin a statement with the words “I feel,” before continuing you must cluck like a chicken or make some other suitable animal sound.

Death by P.C.

WHAT COULD GO WRONG? Canada to redact more than 5,000 records from questionnaire asking Muslim asylum seekers about religion.

The questionnaire is being redacted partly because it has been deemed to be “offensive.” Some of the questions that were asked:

Canada is a very liberal country that believes in freedom of religious practice and equality between men and women. What is your opinion on the subject? How would you feel if your boss was a woman?

How about: “Yes, I believe in the equality between men and women” and “No, I have no problem if my boss was a woman”?

If these were not the answers — which apparently they were not, hence the reason for the redaction — then Canadians have a right to know. It is more offensive to deem women as inferiors in accordance with the Sharia than it is to ask the question. Canadians should also know about other possible incriminating data that may have been redacted, as it may well have impact upon the safety and well-being of Canadians.

Governance-by-virtue-signaling is never done for the protection of citizens or their rights.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/282103/

Edited by B-Man

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Most Canadians think they are exempt from terrorist activities because we are nice and everyone loves us.....  ^_^

Hell, I'd terrorize the **** out of you guys just for your spelling. Offence? Deffence? You gotta be kidding me.

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

Most Canadians think they are exempt from terrorist activities because we are nice and everyone loves us.....  ^_^

I don't know how Canadians have this "nice" reputation.  I've been to so many bars where Canadians were being aholes and starting fights all the time.