The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

but i do agree the Boomers were the most lazy and self-indulgent generation ever

My folks are boomers and not lazy, nor self-indulgent. My mom was a stay at home mother until my late teens and my father was PAINFULLY frugal.

They're actually more loose and carefree in their 70s than I've ever known them to be. :lol:

On 1/26/2018 at 5:29 PM, row_33 said:

Yes, all those media representations of boomers as housewives and frugal fathers....

Well, I’m just giving you an example from my family. 

6 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

If it’s patriotic, it’s not welcome.

On 1/26/2018 at 2:29 PM, row_33 said:

Yes, all those media representations of boomers as housewives and frugal fathers....

Well that is a better description of the parent's of the boomers.  Our parents mostly grew up during the depression.  If I there was someone whose mom worked outside the home we thought it was really weird and that something must be wrong.  The boomer generation is really the first generation where both spouses worked on a consistent basis.  

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well that is a better description of the parent's of the boomers.  Our parents mostly grew up during the depression.  If I there was someone whose mom worked outside the home we thought it was really weird and that something must be wrong.  The boomer generation is really the first generation where both spouses worked on a consistent basis.  

Most of my war-generation families had both spouses with degrees and full time jobs, which I guess was rare.

nobody was telling my grandmothers they couldn’t get their math degrees....

and they were so generous with their homes and $$$$ and over a dozen large meals a year for three generations.

and their kids, now in their 70s, are so selfish they can’t even bother to dress decently for free meals.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, Chef Jim said:

So what you're saying is that Joe is older than he lets on.  I knew it.

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

So what you're saying is that Joe is older than he lets on.  I knew it.

it's a good thing to do, silently convincing new people you meet that you have 20 more IQ points than you do is another.

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

I love asking people with support dogs and animals what they need support for.

It's not legal if you work wherever. But, you can ask what the dog is trained for.

I wish one of those snowflakes would bring a support dog out to the farm. "sure, my donkeys are pet friendly. You're free to let it roam.". It'd be ripped in half in 2 minutes. 

55 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I love asking people with support dogs and animals what they need support for.

It's not legal if you work wherever. But, you can ask what the dog is trained for.

I wish one of those snowflakes would bring a support dog out to the farm. "sure, my donkeys are pet friendly. You're free to let it roam.". It'd be ripped in half in 2 minutes. 

I have an arab (horse you degenerates) that serves the same purpose. No flight response in him when it comes to dogs. I've had a handful of instances with friends of friends bring their dogs to get togethers....because we have land & their dog "loves the open space." Funny, they never think to ask me if they can bring their dog.

18 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

I have an arab (horse you degenerates) that serves the same purpose. No flight response in him when it comes to dogs. I've had a handful of instances with friends of friends bring their dogs to get togethers....because we have land & their dog "loves the open space." Funny, they never think to ask me if they can bring their dog.

Raysis

But, you're dead on point. Don't need to alter the thread but there are far too many liberties being taken by people with their dogs. 

And I'm ok with dogs being places. I love dogs. People?  Not so much. And those that have service animals that don't need them - yeah, I don't mind being rude.  

Can't stand every time I'm at Lowe's and see a person just bring their dog to bring their dog.  And it's in a cart, etc.  And service animals in carts are even worse and usually a dead give away for it not being a real service dog.

21 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This comes up at my work quite frequently....

A quick reminder; per the ADA..........emotional support animals ARE NOT service animals and can be kept out of your place of business.

No, gatorman, that doesn't include your teddy bear.  You can still carry him to school.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/19/2018 at 2:29 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

Or anything else produced prior to the year 2017, which apparently the point on the human timeline where peak moral righteousness was achieved.

This past weekend I showed a friend of mine the Eddie Murphy "Delirious" routine where he talks about how he likes to imagine what it would be like if certain celebrities "were faggots."

He does a bit about the Honeymooners which I think is, quite possible, some of the funniest stand-up you'll ever see.

"Now Norton, I'm gonna bend over. And when I do...start   !@#$in'..."

If Murphy tried that today...

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

This comes up at my work quite frequently....

A quick reminder; per the ADA..........emotional support animals ARE NOT service animals and can be kept out of your place of business.

Some are federally and that's a big box of worms. 

I told some queer in a Walmart who had his little puppy in the cart with him that his "little B word dog isn't applicable as a service animal just because it keeps dicks out of his mouth."

I was partially drunk.  That was after he said it was an emotional therapy companion

Edited by Boyst62

21 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Some are federally and that's a big box of worms. 

The box of worms is that "emotional support animals" are protected by the Fair Housing Act: if you have a registered ESA, a landlord cannot deny you residence for having a pet, even in an otherwise pet-free apartment.