The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

CRAZY STORY OF THE WEEK

From The Telegraph:

Telegraph-hed.jpeg?resize=580%2C118

Women who identify as men are not being routinely offered potentially life saving NHS screening for breast and cervical cancer, amid fears it might offend them it is claimed.

However men living as women are being invited for cervical smear tests even though they do not have a cervix, an official guidebook states.

I suppose if an unscreened “woman” gets breast cancer, we can just identify it as prostate cancer. Problem solved!

There are other lines in the news article that threaten to put The Onion out of business:

Studies have reported most trans men have not had their wombs removed. . . A video accompanying the guidance explains that smear tests can be “uncomfortable” for trans men, as “it is often a procedure designed for women.”

Looks like the people who say political correctness kills have a point.

.http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/01/crazy-story-of-the-week.php

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

CRAZY STORY OF THE WEEK

From The Telegraph:

Telegraph-hed.jpeg?resize=580%2C118

Women who identify as men are not being routinely offered potentially life saving NHS screening for breast and cervical cancer, amid fears it might offend them it is claimed.

However men living as women are being invited for cervical smear tests even though they do not have a cervix, an official guidebook states.

I suppose if an unscreened “woman” gets breast cancer, we can just identify it as prostate cancer. Problem solved!

There are other lines in the news article that threaten to put The Onion out of business:

Studies have reported most trans men have not had their wombs removed. . . A video accompanying the guidance explains that smear tests can be “uncomfortable” for trans men, as “it is often a procedure designed for women.”

Looks like the people who say political correctness kills have a point.

.http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/01/crazy-story-of-the-week.php

:blink:

Biology and science DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR !@#$ING FEELINGS.  Declaring yourself a man will not protect a woman from breast cancer, and declaring yourself a woman does not increase a man's risk of cervical cancer from the ZERO PERCENT chance it is.

California Considers $1,000 Fine for Waiters Offering Unsolicited Plastic Straws

Ian Calderon wants restaurateurs to think long and hard before giving you a straw.

Calderon, the Democratic majority leader in California's lower house, has introduced a bill to stop sit-down restaurants from offering customers straws with their beverages unless they specifically request one. Under Calderon's law, a waiter who serves a drink with an unrequested straw in it would face up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

First they came for the plastic grocery bags.....................................and I said nothing.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

California Considers $1,000 Fine for Waiters Offering Unsolicited Plastic Straws

Ian Calderon wants restaurateurs to think long and hard before giving you a straw.

Calderon, the Democratic majority leader in California's lower house, has introduced a bill to stop sit-down restaurants from offering customers straws with their beverages unless they specifically request one. Under Calderon's law, a waiter who serves a drink with an unrequested straw in it would face up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

First they came for the plastic grocery bags.....................................and I said nothing.

C'mon now, be fair. The legislator is amending his proposal to remove the fine.

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

How do they even enforce that?  Do they have a state-wide task force that goes around to restaurants, orders drinks, and arrests everyone who gives them a straw?  Or does the task force ask all the restaurant patrons "I see you have a straw...did you ask for it?  Was it given to you unsolicited?"  Or do they just rely on public reporting?  "I didn't ask for this straw.  I'm calling the cops!"

I hope this passes, someone gets charged for unsolicited straw distribution, and challenges the legality of it under Prop 65: "This law is illegal, because it was printed with materials that are known to the state of California to cause cancer, but it has no warning saying such!"

• Haha (+1) 1

Well forget about the straws..................Now the California liberal elite is after something even more essential.

DON’T DRINK COFFEE WITH A STRAW IN CALIFORNIA

In California, Where Cancer Warnings Abound, Coffee Is Next in Line

LOS ANGELES—A California court case could turn every cup of coffee here into a jolt of reality on the risks of cancer.

Under a state law, cancer warnings already follow Californians when they enter the lobby of apartment buildings, drive into parking garages and sit down at restaurants. They also pop up on products including kitty litter, ceramic plates and black licorice.

Now, a state judge in Los Angeles is expected to rule in the coming months whether coffee should be labeled as carcinogenic under the three-decade old law, which is meant to warn Californians of potential harms.

Oh please please do this California. I can’t wait to see the reaction from the Starbucks set.

153411973_XS.jpg

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

How do they even enforce that?  Do they have a state-wide task force that goes around to restaurants, orders drinks, and arrests everyone who gives them a straw?  Or does the task force ask all the restaurant patrons "I see you have a straw...did you ask for it?  Was it given to you unsolicited?"  Or do they just rely on public reporting?  "I didn't ask for this straw.  I'm calling the cops!"

I hope this passes, someone gets charged for unsolicited straw distribution, and challenges the legality of it under Prop 65: "This law is illegal, because it was printed with materials that are known to the state of California to cause cancer, but it has no warning saying such!"

Straw snitches get stitches.

19 hours ago, DC Tom said:

It's become popular among the liberal "elite" to shame non-conformists. 

People are already calling out those who don't bring re-usable grocery bags, watering their lawn, not using the proper gender pronouns, man-spreading, invading a safe space.... I'm sure unsolicited straws can easily be added to the list of "criminal" acts that must be reported to authorities. It's their civic duty!  

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

but i do agree the Boomers were the most lazy and self-indulgent generation ever

So everyone was right! The hippies will destroy the world. 

Edited by unbillievable