The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

There's that racist Dr. Seuss again.

It's time we burn all of his books.

The very first allegorical story dealing with diversity I can remember reading is the one he wrote about the star-bellied Sneetches, but of course our burgeoning cultural Taliban will overlook his positive contributions as they prepare Dr Seuss for the Christopher Columbus treatment.

The very first allegorical story dealing with diversity I can remember reading is the one he wrote about the star-bellied Sneetches, but of course our burgeoning cultural Taliban will overlook his positive contributions as they prepare Dr Seuss for the Christopher Columbus treatment.

Is there a statue anywhere of Dr. Seuss that we can tear down?

He's a dead white guy, of course they'll find a reason to tear it down

I looked for stories about protests at UCSD about Geisel...all I found was people protesting outside the Geisel library about Trump's racism.

So the statue I found listed on a "progressive heroes" list is of a guy being called racist by some progressives, but the site of protests against racism by other progressives.

!@#$ing awesome. :lol:

I looked for stories about protests at UCSD about Geisel...all I found was people protesting outside the Geisel library about Trump's racism.

So the statue I found listed on a "progressive heroes" list is of a guy being called racist by some progressives, but the site of protests against racism by other progressives.

Sounds like the Judean People's Front vs the People's Front of Judea

wankers

Maybe they'll be stupid enough to push this until it becomes an issue at the national level. I would sooooo love to see them try.

Wasn't that sort of the moral of The Grinch too?

Edited by reddogblitz

Backlash spreads against Black Lives Matter shutting down ACLU free speech event.

A campus Black Lives Matter protest against an American Civil Liberties Union speaker has provoked an internal debate over free speech on the Left.

Students shouted down an ACLU leader visiting the College of William and Mary in Virginia last week, preventing a discussion about free speech by chanting “liberalism is white supremacy” and “ACLU, you protect Hitler too!” for a full hour.

Outrage spread as video of the college Black Lives Matter chapter’s disruption circulated among shocked scholars, progressive leaders, and alumni.

The demonstration — motivated by the ACLU’s litigation allowing for an August rally including white supremacists in Charlottesville, Va. — reignited progressive concern about students attacking freedoms that past generations of the Left struggled to establish and expand.

Jonathan Turley, a law professor at George Washington University, wrote that suspensions would be appropriate. New York Times columnist Michelle Goldberg called it “embarrassing.”

Claire Gastañaga, the shouted-down executive director of the Virginia ACLU, said “a public college like William and Mary has an obligation to protect the freedom of the speaker to speak,” and college president Taylor Reveley wrote the action prevented “hard questions” and a “debate where the strength of ideas” prevails.

The dirty secret is that college administrators usually agree with this bullying. If a right-leaning group engaged in the same tactics, everyone involved would be expelled overnight.

Wasn't that sort of the moral of The Grinch too?

No.

The Grinch stole all the food and made a pig of himself the his heart almost exploded because of high cholesterol and he got sepsis and turned green. So he gave back the rest of the food.

All of Seuss stories are about the 10 commandments. The Grinch is about Thou shall not steal but the Sneetches is about We hold these truths.......all men are created equal.

All of Seuss stories are about the 10 commandments.

So on top of being a racist, he's an Islamaphobe for not including their religious doctrine into his stories.

Can we posthumously shoot this bastard?

And think about The Lorax. It's a leftist's wet dream: capitalist pig destroys the earth for the sake of a product the whole world must have, chopping down all the trees and consequentlyk killing all the creatures that rely on the berries from the trees, until the capitalist pig realizes how wrong he was and saves one last seed to return the trees and all the animals.

If that doesn't scream racism, I don't know what does.

There is no more moronic group than activist leftists. Too stupid to ever think for themselves, which is too bad because a lot of violence would come to an end if they would just try.