Bills 30 for 30 "The Four Falls of Buffalo" to air Dec. 12

YoloinOhio

When I got to college in 1987, we were coming off of three years in which we had gone 8-40. Then all this happened. I remember every moment vividly, much more so than I remember any of the last 15 years. It was the perfect age - old enough to remember OJ, the Talking Proud years, and the subsequent futility; young enough to go to LOTS of games without having family responsibilities or health to worry about. Old enough to know this kind of stuff comes along rarely if ever; young enough to not be jaded and cynical. I am at a much different point in my life now, but I will always remember those years. I'm so glad that my almost-13-year-old son is a huge Bills fan and that I got to watch every minute of this film with him. I've shared chapter and verse of those years with him many times, but he finally really got to see it for himself. He knows full well what the legacy of that team is, and I know now that this will be his team forever.

Also, who was chopping onions in my house all night?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the waterworks in my house during the "We want Scott!" moment resembled the oft-shown Niagara Falls. Gave me chills. These days, even if that did happen, he would also have received a thousand death threats on Twitter. So glad he got to experience that kind of support from our fan base. It truly is one of a kind.

Harry ConnicJr band and our D Coordinator's IDIOTIC comment.....those were the two most disturbing parts of the film by far...for me

He was only the D line coach, but yes, idiotic. Thats what Dickerson was. A fat *ss blow hard.

the waterworks in my house during the " These days, even if that did happen, he would also have received a thousand death threats on Twitter.

And a few penises drawn on his lawn...

Loved the parts where:

1- Howie Long was pleading with Jimbo to slow it down in the 1991 AFC championship game.

2- Thurman and Tasker (maybe more) "If you don't want us to go back to the Super Bowl, stop us."

Howie Long after the game:

"It didn't matter who you had out there today, they weren't stopping them. You could have brought back the Steel Curtain and it wouldn't have mattered, they wouldn't have stopped them."

So thankful they made this show. Even back when I was immersed in this now-history, I always appreciated what amazing teams those were and how much of a privilege it was to watch that talent get after it year after year. So much more fun than the 70's and 80's, and once I accepted each loss no one could mock my team because I always appreciated their journey and fight. The losses sucked, but what an endearing cast of characters they were and that's what it's ultimately all about.

Only thing I didn't like was the ending. Every true Bills fan can picture that kick going through and what it would look like if it had, so I thought it was patronizing and a poor representation of my dreams.

When I got to college in 1987, we were coming off of three years in which we had gone 8-40. Then all this happened. I remember every moment vividly, much more so than I remember any of the last 15 years. It was the perfect age - old enough to remember OJ, the Talking Proud years, and the subsequent futility; young enough to go to LOTS of games without having family responsibilities or health to worry about. Old enough to know this kind of stuff comes along rarely if ever; young enough to not be jaded and cynical. I am at a much different point in my life now, but I will always remember those years. I'm so glad that my almost-13-year-old son is a huge Bills fan and that I got to watch every minute of this film with him. I've shared chapter and verse of those years with him many times, but he finally really got to see it for himself. He knows full well what the legacy of that team is, and I know now that this will be his team forever.

Also, who was chopping onions in my house all night?

I'm a couple of years older than you, so understand where you're coming from on this. In the '70's when I delivered the D&C on snowy mornings I used to fantasize about the OJ-led Bills in the Super Bowl. Never then did I imagine how much it might actually hurt to get there and lose like they did. What a ride, though!

My wife asked last night "were those old teams really that good?" Yes, they were, which in some ways made it all the more painful. 8 HOFers and still didn't win it.

Anyone know if this is available on DVD? Would make a great gift for many folks.

I'm a couple of years older than you, so understand where you're coming from on this. In the '70's when I delivered the D&C on snowy mornings I used to fantasize about the OJ-led Bills in the Super Bowl. Never then did I imagine how much it might actually hurt to get there and lose like they did. What a ride, though!

My wife asked last night "were those old teams really that good?" Yes, they were, which in some ways made it all the more painful. 8 HOFers and still didn't win it.

Anyone know if this is available on DVD? Would make a great gift for many folks.

At some point it will be - all the 30 for 30's are available in a box set now:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N9XKS2U/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687642&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003YMR98M&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1V2VHCVQBS2TYEAP6G82