Bills 30 for 30 "The Four Falls of Buffalo" to air Dec. 12

YoloinOhio

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll watch it.

I think most Bills fans back then appreciated how impressive it was to go to SB after SB.

But in the national consciousness, we became a joke - the epitome of the word "loser."

I think it's interesting how that team is now being reinterpreted.

Yup. That's history for you. Usually, years afterward, perspective on something like this is more accurate because time has a way of filtering out a lot of "junk" that was in people's heads at the time.

I know I'm going to watch it. As painful as it was to watch those 4 SB's, I'm proud of the Bills for going! Each year they went, none of the other 14 AFC teams were good enough to go, none, for 4 straight years! PS: not trying to sound like Herm Edwards.

@StillTalkinTV

More notes on "Four Falls of Buffalo" from Wednesday's premiere http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2015/12/11/30-for-30-film-on-bills-is-a-crowd-pleasing-experience-more-espn2-dates-set/

As I watched the “30 for 30” film on the glory days of the Buffalo Bills at the North Park Theater Wednesday night, I realized previewing it alone on my computer a few days before caused me to miss something that was evident watching it with 700 people on a big screen.

I didn’t expect to hear all the laughter from the crowd at the North Park screening reacting to the statements of several Bills in “Four Falls of Buffalo.”

In other words, it was much funnier in the shared experience of watching the film with a crowd than it was watching it alone.

The film, which got a standing ovation at the North Park when it ended, has its national premiere at 9:30 p.m. Saturday on ESPN.

But if you’re out on date night, there will be several other airings on ESPN2 during the month. Here’s a list:

Sunday 12/13 at 1 a.m. and 6:30 a.m.

Monday 12/14 at 2:30 a.m.

Tuesday 12/15 at 11 p.m.

Friday 12/18 at 12:30 a.m.

Sunday 12/20 at 7 a.m.

@viccarucci

"Four Falls of Buffalo" is a powerful reminder of the town's lasting love affair w the #Bills: http://bit.ly/1NZJ9sT

1. I had the pleasure of attending Wednesday night's screening of ESPN's "30 for 30" retrospective on the Super Bowl Bills called "Four Falls of Buffalo," which airs Saturday at 9:30 p.m. The title is somewhat misleading. Yes, the nearly two-hour program does focus on the agony of the Bills' four consecutive losses in the big game. But in the process of telling that sad story, it shares a much more important and uplifting perspective of exactly what the Bills mean to Buffalo. It captures the long-lasting love affair in ways I have never seen in the numerous other video and written accounts of that run. A more appropriate title would have included words such as "resilience" or "perseverance," or something that addressed Buffalo's undying loyalty to the team.

@salmaiorana

Here's my preview of the superb ESPN 30 for 30 on Super Bowl #Bills. Four Falls of Buffalo. Must-see TV http://on.rocne.ws/1Y8ku4Z

via @DandC

“I think this film will allow sports fans around America to not only reassess the Bills, but reassess their own viewpoint on winning and losing,” said Ken Rodgers, the director of Four Falls of Buffalo, which debuts on ESPN at 9:30 p.m. Saturday. “We say we care about trying hard and perseverance and all the things the Bills represented, and if we really do, we should celebrate this team on an annual basis because what they did epitomizes everything we claim to love about sport in America.”