Bills 30 for 30 "The Four Falls of Buffalo" to air Dec. 12

YoloinOhio

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2015/11/30-for-30-volume-iii-continues-with-four-falls-of-buffalo-on-december-12/?ex_cid=30for30FB

The next installment in ESPN Films’ award-winning 30 for 30 series, “Four Falls of Buffalo,” will premiere on Saturday, Dec. 12, at 9:30 p.m. ET immediately following the Heisman Trophy presentation on ESPN.

Crap I cant wait to re-live it. 13-3 in back to back seasons.....seems almost unreal now. Yes Virginia there was a time where you could puff your chest out and be cocky as a Bills fan.

The one thing I miss about those teams compared to the new century Bills is they had so many playmakers. Kelly and wrs like Reed, Lofton, Beebe, 2 good TEs in Mckellar and Metzelaars, freak good RBs in Thurman and Davis, a good OL. Bruce, Bennett, Talley, Hanson, Odomes, Henry Jones. Those guys made plays, not excuses.

@StillTalkinTV

A world movie premiere set for Buffalo http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2015/12/02/30-for-30-film-on-bills-to-have-world-premiere-at-north-park-next-week/

A select group of Western New Yorkers will be able to see the world premiere of the ESPN “30 for 30” documentary on the Buffalo Bills glory days three nights before the rest of the country.

The film, “Four Falls of Buffalo,” will have its world premiere at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 9, at the North Park Theatre on Hertel Avenue.

Directed by Ken Rodgers, the film documents the Bills team that made it to the Super Bowl four straight years in the early 1990s, only to lose them all.

It will air nationally on ESPN on Dec. 12.

An ESPN spokesperson said the network is working with the Bills to fill the North Park Theatre by invitation only. It isn’t opening the film wide to the public.

Disagree here. The Bills should have won SB XXV and SBXXVIII. They only lost to the 'girls because Thurman quit after his fumble-six tied the game. I've always wondered why Thurman has NEVER paid a price for that. I've never forgiven him, and all the HOF talk a few years ago made me ill. I hope we finally get a few answers as to why he quit. Enough about him misplacing his helmet, I want to know why he QUIT and cost us a Super Bowl.

It was a long time ago, but it appeared to me after the fumble, the whole team started looking for the next shoe to drop. And it was over.

I got an email from the Bills for this, I wonder how they did the selection process. Did anyone else get the invite? I can't attend since I am 450 miles away....: (

I'm recording it from ESPN2 on Sunday Morning at 1 AM. I doubt the initial showing airs on time because of the Heisman Trophy Show that precedes it on ESPN.

Perfect, thanks! I should be nice and drunk and ready to watch at that time! It will be just like watching a Bills game!

Fixed. "Once Brothers" was an utter joke. Lazy journalism and a revisionist perspective provided by Vlade - whom they treat as the defacto narrator.

But that aside, I've been really impressed with most. The state of the Bills current season will dictate how I feel about watching this one haha.

You realize that generally and typically are synonyms, right?

@StillTalkinTV

"30 for 30" film on Bills is a winner. Here is a review: http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2015/12/08/30-for-30-film-is-a-poignant-love-letter-to-the-bills-their-fans-and-buffalo/

If you are headed to the North Park Theater at 7 p.m. Wednesday for the world premiere of ESPN’s “30 for 30” documentary on the glory days of the Buffalo Bills, it would be a good idea for the more nostalgic fans to bring along a box of Kleenex.

The tears have long since dried since Scott Norwood’s 47-yard field goal in Super Bowl XXV went wide right, but “Four Falls of Buffalo” likely will move Bills fans in ways far more powerful than any missed kick.

The one hour, 41-minute documentary – which airs at 9:30 p.m. Saturday on ESPN – plays like a love letter to Buffalo, its National Football League team and fans.

It packs an emotional wallop as it interviews many of the Bills who played in the four straight Super Bowl losses in the early 1990s.

If you aren’t moved by the interviews of Norwood and his special teams coach, Bruce DeHaven, you should check your pulse to see if you are alive.

I really don't want it to be too much of a love letter. For one, I'd like Thurman to be asked why he quit when the score was 13-13. I really want an answer to that. I doubt this would get asked, but I'd also like to know how much partying had to do with the losses.

As much as I love these teams, obviously, I always felt cheated by those two things. You couldn't wait a week to have the party of the century - as Super Bowl Champs?!?

I'm recording it from ESPN2 on Sunday Morning at 1 AM. I doubt the initial showing airs on time because of the Heisman Trophy Show that precedes it on ESPN.

Nah, the Heisman show isn't what it used to be. No reason for it to run over.

I got an email from the Bills for this, I wonder how they did the selection process. Did anyone else get the invite? I can't attend since I am 450 miles away....: (

Yeah I got it. It conflicts with the Fan Advisory Board meeting that's scheduled from 6 - 8. I asked Scott Lasker if anything could be done so that we could do both, but was told 'no'.

It was a long time ago, but it appeared to me after the fumble, the whole team started looking for the next shoe to drop. And it was over.

Steve Tasker, in the film apparently says the team collectively ran out of gas from the effects of the 4 Super Bowl runs.

Nah, the Heisman show isn't what it used to be. No reason for it to run over.

They've premiered 30 for 30s the last several years after the Heisman show. I got screwed just about every time, where I didn't get the end of the film

One thing I'm wondering - the film is 101 minutes, before commercials............But, my DVR slot is 90 minutes. How can that be?