Bills 30 for 30 "The Four Falls of Buffalo" to air Dec. 12

YoloinOhio

I didn't really live it but I still agree with the other guy. Sick of hearing about it and kind of ready to move on and just focus on the current team...better to pretend this team has no history at this point.

Lots of Bills fans out of town are between 30-40 years old. They grew up watching this team. Stayed fans for life. So it matters for some, but if it's not your cup of tea that's why they have multiple channels.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll re-live it again in a heartbeat. Just to remember its possible to have expectations and you watched championship level football thru-out the seasons. Now Its been 15 years of futility and heartbreak on a monthly basis. It will actually be a nice reprieve from this board. Where if you dare to not buy into JP, EJ and Trent just need time to develop, the draft whiffs are somebody else's fault, If it wasnt for the injuries, at least we're not Cleveland, then you're not a real fan. That you just cant see the potential of TJ Graham, Goodwin, Maybin(he's so young!), Spiller is the next Jamal Charles, can't see the logic of drafting a RB when you have Lynch and Fred, come up with some excuse for stupid personnel decisions such as least we tried, Its the first year or 2 of the new coaches system, Sully is mean, and on and on.

Im a big boy, I hope to actually learn something I don't know. That's the point of watching it. I don't need to be spoon fed a diet of sunshine and rainbows. But those teams were special, you actually felt proud of the Bills instead of other fans taking pity on you, for the most part you took pity on them.

I hope to get it back someday. I hope to get out of the mentality of at least we have a team. I want to see and expect great football from the Bills. Its been done before.

Edited by billsfan714

This should be awesome. I haven't watched a 30 for 30 I didn't enjoy even if the subject matter didn't really interest me that much going into it. This subject interests me just a little bit :rolleyes:

Most of the 30 for 30 are great. Best thing ESPN has going for it right now.

Football is the fall sport and they fell on their face four times?

That's the respectful way to look at it.

There are people out there who have discredited the talent on the Bills team because the AFC was weak.

But their rosters....OVERALL talent.....top to bottom......and top end......were as good or better than any team they lost to.

The 93 Bills were NOT as good as the Cowboys with regard to talent, and it wasn't that close. Kelly was in decline, and Fina was a clear step down from Wolford. The Cowboys' front seven was superior to the Bills' front seven too even factoring in Bruce. The Bills actually had a great game plan that day, but then the talent differential took over and decided the outcome. Edited by dave mcbride

Haven't we already seen this 1000 times? I will not watch. I know how friggin great that team was! I already know the heartbreak. It is the only thing the Bills are known for. Eff that. Sick of it.

Exactly my sentiment. Unless they really have a good angle for the story I really would rather not dredge it up again.

The 93 Bills were NOT as good as the Cowboys with regard to talent, and it wasn't that close. Kelly was in decline, and Fina was a clear step down from Wolford. The Cowboys' front seven was superior to the Bills' front seven too even factoring in Bruce. The Bills actually had a great game plan that day, but then the talent differential took over and decided the outcome.

Agreed, Dallas was an upcoming team & their stars were mostly in their prime. Bills stars were on the backend of their prime. Dallas' front 7 were terrific.

Exactly my sentiment. Unless they really have a good angle for the story I really would rather not dredge it up again.

yup. or, as a tribute to the 90's-era bills, should i say, "word to your mother"?

unless they have closed circuit footage of bruce and jimbo hitting up the 'downer, i'm not particularly interested. i hit my limit on hearing van's wide right call about a decade ago.

Football is the fall sport and they fell on their face four times?

That's the respectful way to look at it.

There are people out there who have discredited the talent on the Bills team because the AFC was weak.

But their rosters....OVERALL talent.....top to bottom......and top end......were as good or better than any team they lost to.

Disagree.

We were better than the Giants. The Redskins would have beat us 5 out of 5 times that year. Ask Kelso or Tasker both of whom have commented on that game recently.

The Cowboys teams were better too, that's why they kicked our butt two years in a row.

Rather that look back at that era as the era of failure in the Superbowl, I have come to peace with it by thinking of it as the time when we absolutely OWNED the AFC four years in a row.

Before the season even started back then, everyone in the AFC was thinking "Crap; if we are going to get to the Superbowl, we are going to have to beat Buffalo in OP in the cold and in front of that insane 80,000 man crowd."

We had everyone scared before the season started!

Will enjoy this 30 for 30 to no end, I'm sure.

Disagree.

We were better than the Giants. The Redskins would have beat us 5 out of 5 times that year. Ask Kelso or Tasker both of whom have commented on that game recently.

The Cowboys teams were better too, that's why they kicked our butt two years in a row.

I've always thought that we had the better team than the Giants and Redskins, but they had the better coaches. As for the Cowboys, they were the new, younger Bills. With better play (no look-out block from House), we might have nicked the first one. By the second, the Cowboys were in the ascendancy.

That would have been a glorious time. Win three and hand the reigns over to the Cowboys.

Oh well.

That's pretty prime time right after the heisman ceremony. Can't wait. Just hope its not dusty in my house

I better remember to DVR the next program. The last years, they debut a 30 for 30 after the Heisman, the presentation spills over, and I miss the end of the 30 for 30.

I've always thought that we had the better team than the Giants and Redskins, but they had the better coaches. As for the Cowboys, they were the new, younger Bills. With better play (no look-out block from House), we might have nicked the first one. By the second, the Cowboys were in the ascendancy.

That would have been a glorious time. Win three and hand the reigns over to the Cowboys.

Oh well.

The Redskins team was a weird one. It was one of those years where eveyrthing came together for them. Rypken had a career year & I think the oline only gave up 7 or 8 sacks all year. Impressive. Had no business losing to the Giants. I blame that one on being outcoached & the players not preparing the way they should. The dallas games they were the better team. In fact one could argue they were top 5 team of alltime. Didn't stand much of a chance against them looking back.

I didn't really live it but I still agree with the other guy. Sick of hearing about it and kind of ready to move on and just focus on the current team...better to pretend this team has no history at this point.

I think a lot of people are sick of the superficial treatment those teams/era have typically received. I'm expecting a pretty cool narrative considering 30 for 30 has their sh%t straight.