Bills 30 for 30 "The Four Falls of Buffalo" to air Dec. 12

YoloinOhio

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I just did. Worth every penny. After watching, my main takeaway is I wish we'd have won one just for Norwood's sanity. He looks broken still. Sad.

I just watched too! Man this years team should be watching right now. Then find the fire in their Bellies to dig deep and win out! It needs to start again somewhere. Man I miss those teams.

Me too. Tim Rusert's explanation about Dallas & Washington not needing an SB balanced against Buffalo needing one was the start of my losing it. These things and others, the non-Bills fans just don't get.

^this

Fully agree. Kelly, as the saying goes, could 'make all the throws.' He had a very good arm.

I never said he couldn't make all the throws. He certainly could. But don't ever confuse his arm with a guy like Elway's, Marino's or Moone. Watch Moone in his prime. He threw absolute darts. Cunningham's arm was stronger than Kelly's, it wasn't nearly as accurate though. Kelly had a pretty significant injury I believe his junior year at Miami. Separated shoulder I believe but it was significant enough where some of the doctors didn't give him much of a chance to ever play under center again.

I never said he couldn't make all the throws. He certainly could. But don't ever confuse his arm with a guy like Elway's, Marino's or Moone. Watch Moone in his prime. He threw absolute darts. Cunningham's arm was stronger than Kelly's, it wasn't nearly as accurate though. Kelly had a pretty significant injury I believe his junior year at Miami. Separated shoulder I believe but it was significant enough where some of the doctors didn't give him much of a chance to ever play under center again.

Not true. It was regarded as a pretty minor albeit time consuming injury, and he didn't drop a peg on draft boards. It happened in his senior year too.

Not trying to give you a hard time, but did you watch any of the Gamblers' games or Kelly's initial Bills season in '86, when it was clear right away that Kelly had by far and away the best arm in franchise history?

Not true. It was regarded as a pretty minor albeit time consuming injury, and he didn't drop a peg on draft boards. It happened in his senior year too.

Not trying to give you a hard time, but did you watch any of the Gamblers' games or Kelly's initial Bills season in '86, when it was clear right away that Kelly had by far and away the best arm in franchise history?

Well you might be right about the shoulder inury. I didn't watch many of the Gambler's games as I was only 8 years old but I did watch the Bills religously startin his first year with the Bills in 86. I never said he didn't have a great arm, but it wasn't one of the strongest in the league. There is no scout in the league at that time that would of rated Kelly's arm strong than Marinos & certainly not stronger than Elways. I mean this should not even be up for discussion.

Well you might be right about the shoulder inury. I didn't watch many of the Gambler's games as I was only 8 years old but I did watch the Bills religously startin his first year with the Bills in 86. I never said he didn't have a great arm, but it wasn't one of the strongest in the league. There is no scout in the league at that time that would of rated Kelly's arm strong than Marinos & certainly not stronger than Elways. I mean this should not even be up for discussion.

Just came across this, which is interesting:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/12/16/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-nfl-rex-ryan-doug-whaley-jim-kelly

For two decades, Western New York has been searching for the certainty Kelly brought, leading a prolific offense that keyed four Super Bowl runs. He retired after the 1996 season, “because I couldn’t do it anymore,” he says. “I had too many concussions; I could hardly raise my arm over my shoulder.”

It's like saying that Roethlisberger's arm isn't as big as Jameis Winston's. It's not, but it's still a damn big arm.

There was a thread on this a long time ago but can't find it

@StillTalkinTV: The "30 for 30" film on the Bills of the 1990s will be an early holiday present from ESPN

https://t.co/JJGqeWpykR

just watched it, one of the proudest moments if Buffalo history was when the city showed up after the 1st SB and chanting "Scotty" . There was no rioting, vandalism, fires nor car destroying. Hopefully this would still be the case today.

Mam Marv was a real gem, would love to have another coach like him. His historical quotes were great and the way he could manage and motivate that team was phenomenal, really wish he didn't retire so soon.

God, that was brutal watching all four losses condensed like that. We really should have won the first and last one. The only game I din't think we would win was against the redskins, I just knew that team was too good. Just so depressing watching that and then dealing with our current playoff draught and watching Rex decimate our defense that is going to take two yrs to rebuild. :cry:

Not sure if already posted but For the Canadians - 4 Falls on TSN tonight

@TSN_Sports: We can't wait for 7pm ET tonight to watch 'Four Falls of Buffalo' on TSN2. The day better hurry it up! https://t.co/KaK72g1IJA

Finally saw it!!!!

Loved it!!!!

But then the Washington game spoiled my buzz

CBF

• 1 month later...

First off, the tone was way too grim ....its just a sport folks, get over it.

Secondly. the most telling comment was from Troy Aikman. When he said in Bills 4th super bowl, he felt bills dominated them in the first half. But when he saw them in the tunnel going into their locker room, they looked somber. Not like a team that had dominated which should have been upbeat.

Edited by truth on hold

Just watched it again on Netflix. Still brings tears to my eyes and you could tell to many of those players too, very sentimental.

I lived in DC during the Bills-Redskins Superbowl and took it on the chin that year. My boss who was a Redskins season ticketholder said to me though that there is an emptiness even after winning because its over and you don't know if you're going back. They haven't.

First off, the tone was way too grim ....its just a sport folks, get over it.

Secondly. the most telling comment was from Troy Aikman. When he said in Bills 4th super bowl, he felt bills dominated them in the first half. But when he saw them in the tunnel going into their locker room, they looked somber. Not like a team that had dominated which should have been upbeat.

I would have called total revisionist BS on this, but OJ's live reporting near the locker room said this as well. At my party, we were fired up!

The next 30 for 30 will be next Saturday 2/4 about the '85 Bears. Reportedly Buddy Ryan will be featured heavily. Should be a good one - that team had some fascinating characters and players.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-85-bears-espn-30-for-30-spt-0127-20160126-story.html

Edited by YoloinOhio