Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

We did get screwed! Good think Lydon stomped that last play out. Awesome game, a rough shooting night but gutted it out on defense and the boards. Roberson is a beast.

Call was definitely horrible, Lydon just made it irrelevant.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does that one ref sleep tonight? He races over 40 feet behind the play and calls cooney out of bounds. There was a ref in a better spot on the baseline. Really bad call; can't make it if you can't see it.

Regardless, great win. As I recall, that could be this team's first close win all year. No one really made a clutch shot, but they played clutch D.

Also, what was Gonzaga thinking on the last shot? Why is wiltjer not taking it? Really poor play design.

How does that one ref sleep tonight? He races over 40 feet behind the play and calls cooney out of bounds. There was a ref in a better spot on the baseline. Really bad call; can't make it if you can't see it.

Regardless, great win. As I recall, that could be this team's first close win all year. No one really made a clutch shot, but they played clutch D.

Also, what was Gonzaga thinking on the last shot? Why is wiltjer not taking it? Really poor play design.

That call was terrible. Cooney came up big in the last few minutes, glad to see him redeem himself in that way.

Bring on Virginia Go 'Cuse.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

I gotta say that earlier this year, I felt like this was one of the worst Syracuse teams I had seen in a long time, and maybe ever. Even those bubble and NIT teams in the 1990s were at least more entertaining or had better players.

I still will say that I don't particularly love this team like I have others. But it really makes it even more amazing that this team made it to the Elite 8. They are winning based on scrap and guts.

And I'll say it again. HOW ABOUT THEM UNDESERVING ORANGE!!!!!!

I love how Poojer says this:

The Poojer, on 17 Mar 2016 - 3:27 PM, said:snapback.png

I'm not one of those that believe that statement, I am not sure if the committee got it right(or wrong) and if Syracuse beats Dayton, that won't do any more to convince me they got it right.

And, then this:

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:06 PM

How about them undeserving Orange! !!!!!##

I'm thoroughly enjoying their stroll through the NIT.... They made that first round loss look easy!

The guilt you're showing with your obsession about the more deserving team is nice to see.

And I'll say it again. HOW ABOUT THEM UNDESERVING ORANGE!!!!!!

Hey, Coach K - is that you? (Sorry, got you on tape)

St. Bonaventure would have won by more.

Well, they definitely would have won - SU is unarguably the worst Elite Eight team in history. They beat a 7 that Bona beat on the road, a 15, and an 11.

Yeah, Bona could never pull such a heroic run off.

first sane thing you've said in days. And to think I tried to get people to lay off your sorry butt up thread.

I checked into the thread yesterday and even though Syracuse is playing at the time, they are still talking about Bonaventure.

So, what are you talking about?

I hadn't even looked at the thread in a week, but looked back and there was more Bona talk.