Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

Excellent news!

What was the deal on the prolonged decision by him?

Although not confirmed, I heard the delay was due to an NCAA review of a summer class he was taking to meet eligibility requirements. I can't understand why that would prevent him from committing, but that's all I got.

HUGE get....

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although not confirmed, I heard the delay was due to an NCAA review of a summer class he was taking to meet eligibility requirements. I can't understand why that would prevent him from committing, but that's all I got.

HUGE get....

Totally agree! Get White to transfer and Jimmy is going to have some options

I know this is a Bball thread but assume there are Cuse FB fans here too. Not sure how much you all pay attention to CFB recruiting but the huge Nike camp is going on in Oregon right now (The Opening) with the top 2017 recruits. Syracuse commit is lighting it up out there at QB. Tommy DeVito is his name. It's on ESPNU.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I know this is a Bball thread but assume there are Cuse FB fans here too. Not sure how much you all pay attention to CFB recruiting but the huge Nike camp is going on in Oregon right now (The Opening) with the top 2017 recruits. Syracuse commit is lighting it up out there at QB. Tommy DeVito is his name. It's on ESPNU.

I watched the game yesterday. DeVito looks like he is going to be a stud.

Thanks for the heads up.

Exactly.

I have maybe watched 5 SU football games in my entire life, and I am pretty sure they were all during the mcnabb area.

When I went there for my MBA, I actually became a real fan of their football team. Moreso than the basketball team, even though I had season tickets for them.........The QB was Marvin Graves. Had some good times at those games.

Cuse football is on the upswing with Dino Babers, IMO. He already is doing an excellent job recruiting. At the very least they will be fun to watch on offense.

I have a buddy who is a die-hard Cuse football fan.

He has been saying the same thing as you have for the last 10 years, but the name of the coach changes:

"Cuse football is on the upswing with_________, IMO. He already is doing an excellent job recruiting. At the very least they will be fun to watch on offense."

I know it's only Summer League, but Mali has been looking good out there. His first game wasn't as good (only 7 pts), but he was playing team ball and everyone else on his team just kept jacking shots.

http://cnycentral.com/sports/orange-zone/malachi-richardson-drops-20-points-7-rebounds-in-second-career-nba-summer-league-game

I will definitely be rooting for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what a shame, lost out on Diagne thanks in large part to the NCAA

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2016/08/former_syracuse_commit_moustapha_diagne_will_head_to_western_kentucky.html#incart_river_home

and don't even get me started on the UNC response to the NCAA, not that i disagree 100%, it's be nice to see them B word slapped like that, but come on!

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article93352282.html

what a shame, lost out on Diagne thanks in large part to the NCAA

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2016/08/former_syracuse_commit_moustapha_diagne_will_head_to_western_kentucky.html#incart_river_home

and don't even get me started on the UNC response to the NCAA, not that i disagree 100%, it's be nice to see them B word slapped like that, but come on!

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article93352282.html

I keep hearing ESPN talking heads talking about super conferences & how they will set their own rules leaving the NCAA on the outside looking in.

• 4 weeks later...

1: Gillon, Howard

2: Battle, Gillon, White

3: White, Lydon, Roberson

4: Roberson, Lydon, Thompson

5: Coleman, Chukwu

Amazing depth and talent. Starting lineup is basically meaningless. Guard and forward players are interchangeable based on matchup. Gillon, Lydon & and White all shot above 40% from long range last season (and Battle is an outstanding shooter). Wow.

Edit: what the hell do they do with Matt Moyer? lol

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks