Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't handle a little bit of gentle teasing, then maybe you shouldn't frequent a Syracuse basketball thread to talk smack. Your team didn't get selected, perhaps unjustly, but then lost to a D-III team in the NIT.

Grow up.

That's what you don't get. Every time I've said my last Bona thing and then compliment SU, somebody has to take another shot a me. You said j/k but then others piled on.

It's a very vulnerable time for the school and a lot of small private schools. The very existence of the school is in question. The money and publicity of an NCAA bid was much needed. And in this case- much deserved. The team put together it's best regular season in the decades I've been an alum. So it's not like you guys - we got snubbed, knowing everything is fine and we'll be in next year. And we're not even alums and don't even like in cuse anymore so you're on to the next thing by the next day.

Now there are rumors of the coach and best player leaving- because no matter what they do, they can't get in. They and the rest of the team sure looked like their hearts had been ripped out in that NIT game you guys love to reference. And once they started putting effort in, they almost won anyway.

So yeah - anytime you bring up Bona again, I'm going to be back defending it. You don't understand.

That's what you don't get. Every time I've said my last Bona thing and then compliment SU, somebody has to take another shot a me. You said j/k but then others piled on.

It's a very vulnerable time for the school and a lot of small private schools. The very existence of the school is in question. The money and publicity of an NCAA bid was much needed. And in this case- much deserved. The team put together it's best regular season in the decades I've been an alum. So it's not like you guys - we got snubbed, knowing everything is fine and we'll be in next year. And we're not even alums and don't even like in cuse anymore so you're on to the next thing by the next day.

Now there are rumors of the coach and best player leaving- because no matter what they do, they can't get in. They and the rest of the team sure looked like their hearts had been ripped out in that NIT game you guys love to reference. And once they started putting effort in, they almost won anyway.

So yeah - anytime you bring up Bona again, I'm going to be back defending it. You don't understand.

No one cares.

No one cares.

I actually hear what the guy's saying and I am empathetic to a degree. I think it's disrespectful, however, for him to assert that we can't be "real fans" because we are not SU alums. I think maybe it's time for bbb to start his own thread and stop crusading here.

Anyway...moving on.

I'm so freaking pumped!! Go ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

I need to lay off the gin and tonics and deviled eggs...haha.

I actually hear what the guy's saying and I am empathetic to a degree. I think it's disrespectful, however, for him to assert that we can't be "real fans" because we are not SU alums. I think maybe it's time for bbb to start his own thread and stop crusading here.

Anyway...moving on.

I'm so freaking pumped!! Go ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

I need to lay off the gin and tonics and deviled eggs...haha.

This.

Gin and tonics and deviled eggs sound great! I might have to follow suit, though I'm sure my family will resent the deviled eggs result.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I actually hear what the guy's saying and I am empathetic to a degree. I think it's disrespectful, however, for him to assert that we can't be "real fans" because we are not SU alums. I think maybe it's time for bbb to start his own thread and stop crusading here.ha.

I don't know how many different ways I can say this. I've thought I was done several times, especially by complimenting SU. But when I see more mockery of Bona, I'm going to defend it.

"It's a very vulnerable time for Bona and a lot of small private schools"??? Uhhhh, no it isn't. Just because Bona is in an armpit of a town doesn't mean other small schools are similarly situated. My college is doing pretty well thanks. Stop with the over generalizations. Ohhhh, is it too late to become an SU fan because I'm looking forward to this game.

"It's a very vulnerable time for Bona and a lot of small private schools"??? Uhhhh, no it isn't. Just because Bona is in an armpit of a town doesn't mean other small schools are similarly situated. My college is doing pretty well thanks. Stop with the over generalizations. Ohhhh, is it too late to become an SU fan because I'm looking forward to this game.

Jump on the train!!! Don't mind the resident Bonnie fan laying in wait for the wheels to fall off. Cheers to the "worst" elite 8 team ever!!! Let's roll!!! 68-61 Cuse.

What is your small private school? Did I say all? I said a lot - I know what I'm talking about. The elites are doing fine.

Now I'm getting called out on this?!?

Jump on the train!!! Don't mind the resident Bonnie fan laying in wait for the wheels to fall off. Cheers to the "worst" elite 8 team ever!!! Let's roll!!! 68-61 Cuse.

Not going to happen. Not low class, ready to pounce on fans of teams that just got kicked in the teeth.

Orange Women crushing it en route to the Final 4. Love being a real fan of this institution!!!!!!!

As you should be - you didn't go there.

The beat goes on with you guys.

Here's some light reading to realize how wrong you are:

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2013/12/09/private-colleges-remain-under-weather

http://articles.philly.com/2015-11-17/news/68327504_1_private-colleges-independent-colleges-enrollment

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/higher-education/as-enrollment-at-private-colleges-drops-suny-campuses-gain-20140825

www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-robert-l-breuder/private-colleges-face-enr_b_4833794.html

I didnt go where? Please enlighten me about what I've done in my life, you seem to know everything. Looking forward to your answer.

What is your small private school? Did I say all? I said a lot - I know what I'm talking about. The elites are doing fine.

Now I'm getting called out on this?!?

Not going to happen. Not low class, ready to pounce on fans of teams that just got kicked in the teeth.

As you should be - you didn't go there.

The beat goes on with you guys.