Fire Doug Whaley signs

Rockee96

I feel over any period of time a GM will make good trades/draft picks. What Whaley will be remembered most for is he is the Guy who drafted EJ, and made the Watkins trade.

I know he had done good things (Hughes,Darby.....etc) but those are 2 big picks he made

:huh:

Whaley was GM-in training, under Nix at the EJ Draft. Of course he's hoping a 1st Rd 6'4", 240 lb QB who can throw it 70 yrds will develop. The Watkins story is still in infancy. What we have seen is the immense respect opposing Defenses afford him, lest he kill them. I have no idea what you're alluding too.. :bag:

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should start a petition to have Sammy removed from the league. It's pretty funny how outraged you are over instagram. I know some teenage girls who get worked up over Instagram.

a petition sent to adidas and pepsi sound like good ideas probably not needed at this point however.

Edited by birdog1960

The OP isn't completely wrong about Whales bring an issue, I think the problem with this team right now without its built is that Whaley always seems to be on a different page then his coaches when it comes to players. Coaches and GMs need to be on the same page with the coaches using the players given or the GM acquiring players that fit the coaches system. Unfortunately Whaley seems to be a bit stubborn and acquires the guys he wants and tries to make the coaches work with what he gives them.

The OP isn't completely wrong about Whales bring an issue, I think the problem with this team right now without its built is that Whaley always seems to be on a different page then his coaches when it comes to players. Coaches and GMs need to be on the same page with the coaches using the players given or the GM acquiring players that fit the coaches system. Unfortunately Whaley seems to be a bit stubborn and acquires the guys he wants and tries to make the coaches work with what he gives them.

Tell me how Rex and Whaley are not on the same page?

The number of ex-Jets on the roster tells me quite a bit. Beyond that, Rex advocated heavily for Tyrod and he's here as the starting QB.

They wouldn't be on the roster if Whaley and Rex weren't on the same page... or are you saying they are on the same page?

you're joking. we remain fans of a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in forever and that had arguably the worst owner in professional sports and we're difficult to satisfy? wrong.

Unbelievable this needs to be explained.

It's not fan heresy to criticize the team. Never has been. Never will be.

Meanwhile, the latest rebuild undertaken in 2010 is into its 6th season. This after 2 previous rebuilds this millennium. During these 3 rebuilds the team has won fewer than 40% of their games.

Right now I'd be satisfied with a 10 win season and a first round exit in the playoffs. I guess that's expecting too much for the franchise.

Dude I've had season tickets almost 30 years and have lived outside WNY since 1995. I fly back for 3-4 home games every year. Some are good, many suck. I would like to kick Whaley in the shin for cutting Fred but he has brought a lot of talent aboard. The problem is the coaching staff trying to take that talent and instead of crafting offensive/defensive schemes around it, they're trying to fit the talent into what they think will work. Clearly no-one's happy and it isn't working. Will it ever? Don't know. But that's not at Whaley's door.

I like what Whaley has done to bring talent to this team. No one bats .1000, but he's done a good job. (A far better job than the HC has done utilizing the talent.) I'd like to see us take shots on QB in the draft a little more, but I'm not going to use hindsight to cherry pick what we should have done. They don't get that luxury, but they do need to stock the most important position with talent along with the rest of the roster.

Okay okay.....maybe I was going a bit overboard....

I'm just really disappointed that he's stuck by EJ for so long and is almost trying to force things to work out with him - almost like fitting a square into a round hole. And he cut Fred Jackson and traded Cassell - you all know this....The moves just didn't make sense as a whole and my gut feeling was that his ego has been hurting the team (and the fans) lately....I mean we could have drafted David Carr or Bridgewater in the past drafts if he had recognized early on that EJ was just not cut out to be a NFL QB...I could go on and on, but hopefully you see where I am coming from.

I really liked Fred Jackson but how many years does he have left?

Cassell????? I'm sure you realize Cassell has forged a career from an average season with the Patriots.

As far as who we could have drafted in the past...Russell Wilson is about the one that I think about.

Your hindsight is like everyone else. Tell us who we can draft next year to right the ship.

I am in agreement with most of the board. Coaching is the problem this year specifically Rex and Thurman.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt but as of now they are under achieving and changes should be made somewhere in the chain at the end of the season if things don't improve.

Edited by VADC Bills

What will a fire Whaley sign accomplish? Pretty sure the Pegula's will not converse amongst one another saying, "Oh my God, did you see the Fire Whaley signs at the game? Our hand is now forced because a few random ticket buyer guys made them." I am one who believes that Whaley has done a good job with this team, building the roster. The way everything is going now is not his fault.

Um.....No!

If the Bills fire Whaley, it will be the biggest mistake they have made in years. Another team would hire him in about 10 seconds. My guess, the Texans.

Complaints about Whaley: (1) He didn't get a franchise QB. Ok, who was he supposed to get? Did he pass over Luck, Manning, etc. There have been zero "franchise" QB's that he has passed over. He can't waive a magic wand and make a franchise QB appear. (2) He traded up for Watkins. Watkins was not injury-prone in college--nor did he make bone-headed statements in college. When he plays, he is one of the best WR's, period. (3) Trading Cassel. When you critique a GM for trading Matt Cassel you are digging deep to find something to complain about. Cassel and EJ are the same, well, actually, looking at the games last week, Cassel was worse.

What Whaley critics ignore is:

(1) Drafting Preston Brown. The guy has been a stud.

(2) Keeping together the best DL in football. Whaley is not the one calling the plays on defense.

(3) Drafting Darby. Whaley critics loved to point to this as a deficit after the draft and during preseason. Gee, where are the apologies on that one from Whaley critics?

(4) Stealing McCoy from the Eagles. Yes, we traded another fan-favorite over-rated injury prone LB. Get over it. The Bills D was fantastic when Kiko was hurt. Kiko is hurt again. So is McCoy, but when McCoy is in the game, he breaks it open.

(5) Drafting Karlos Williams. The guy is a absolute beast.

(6) Prying Charles Clay from division-rival Dolphins. Clay has been playing very well despite the lack of help from other WR's. He continually gets open, we just don't have a QB who finds him often-enough.

(7) Drafting John Miller. The guy has played very solid football for a rookie.

(8) Signing Corey Graham. The guy has been fantastic. Leads the Bills in tackles, and is a great all-around secondary player.

Sure, Whaley has had some "misses," but he's moved this franchise more in the right position than any GM since Polian. We are 3-3 and played a significant amount of games w/o our starting QB, RB, and two WR's, and pro-bowl DT.

Let's not. I've been pretty critical of Whaley this year, but even I think this is over the top. Whaley's already hearing it. His seat is hot.

I don't believe it. Buf if he is on the hot seat it's not because of what he's done but how he's done it. And that's an internal thing that we don't know about at this point. When the Redskins were winning all those Super Bowls, no one had much of a clue that Joe Gibbs didn't get along with the GM, Bobby Beathard. You bring in quality players, as Whaley's done, you need a good coach to make it work. That's where our problem lies.

Tell me how Rex and Whaley are not on the same page?

well if the rumors are true it seems Rex and the coaches wanted a veteran backup to Tyrod and Whaley wanted EJ. The defence is built with a solid expensive line where Rex's D is typically built from the back-end making the highly paid guys overpaid and waste of talent/capspace.