Will Brady hit wall Manning did last 1/4 of 2014? (stats)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he really might be able to play another 5 years.

It's possible but without the aid of performance enhancing substances, unlikely. History has shown that at some point a guy will just hit a wall and the drop off will be steep. My guess is he'll have a big decline in the next few years unless there's something else going on...

It still just doesn't look right when they are playing.

They know exactly what the defense is going to do.

Somewhere I saw a story where there was suspicion that the Pats coaches continued to transmit to Brady's helmet even DURING the play. It makes you wonder when you see him looking in one direction, turn and instantly fire in the opposite direction to someone wide open

OR, I've been watching too many Bills QB's

I guess all the experts who say kicking the ball in thin air is an advantage don't know squat. If the ball travels further when kicked, why not when being thrown?

All Hail Mr WEO. :worthy: :worthy:

for someone in the medical profession one would think you would know the effects of oxygen between sea level and an elevation of over 5,000 feet.

Explain why Pittsburgh safety Ryan Clark can't play in the thin air of Denver because he faces serious health risk, maybe even the risk of death?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/sickle-cell-trait-keeps-ryan-clark-out-of-denver-playoff-game?urn=nfl,wp15160

I don't even know what to say to this...

...except keep the pure gold coming!!

Manning looks done, as sad is that is for me to say. HOWEVER he did NOT look done until the last 1/4 of 2015.

In fact, he began 2014 looking just as good as he did in his record setting 2013 season. Then, all of a sudden, it was OVER. And it's been that way ever since.

It's like Manning woke up one morning in December and looked 65 years old. Could the same thing happen to Brady? Consider:

1st 4 games of 2014: Manning threw for 1,293 yards, 12 TD, and 3 INT, with a 67.5% completion rate

2nd 4 games of 2014: Manning threw for 1,289 yards, 12 TD and 2 INT, with a 70.5% completion rate

3rd 4 games of 2014: Manning threw for 1,165 yards, 12 TD and 4 INT, with a 66% completion rate

last 4 games of 2014: Manning threw for 990 YDS, 3 TD and 6 INT, with a 65% completion rate.

In the playoff game it was exactly like his last 4 regular season games: 211 yards, 56.5%, 1TD, 0 INT

He's looked the same this year too:

2015: 6 games, 1,524 YDS, 7TD, 10 INT, 61.6% completion rate

The key thing is how quickly it happened. Blame the neck, but the neck didn't stop him from putting up 93% of his 39 TD for the season in the first 12 games. The wheels just fell off and one of the NFL's consistent stat machined just seemingly gave out.

There is hope that something similar will happen with Brady. The Patriots* had an early week 4 bye. He as taken a lot of hits this season. He is the same age this year that Manning was last season. It's a grind for them from now until the end.

BTW Manning had a week 4 bye last season too.

Thoughts?

No way! Brady is in better shape and takes better care of himself than any quarterback in the league. The guy goes to bed at 8:00 PM for crying out loud. Brady has had only ONE major injury in his entire career. Brady is not even close to slowing down. He looks better now than he ever has in his career. Brady has enough left to be a pro bowl quarterback for at least 4 to 6 more years. Then after that he would still be at least a slightly better than average quarterback.

Manning, on the other hand, has been beat up over his career. That neck injury was the one that broke the camel's back. Neck and back are two areas athletes very rarely can come back from.

Manning is ready to be put out to pasture.

Manning looks done, as sad is that is for me to say. HOWEVER he did NOT look done until the last 1/4 of 2015.

In fact, he began 2014 looking just as good as he did in his record setting 2013 season. Then, all of a sudden, it was OVER. And it's been that way ever since.

It's like Manning woke up one morning in December and looked 65 years old. Could the same thing happen to Brady? Consider:

1st 4 games of 2014: Manning threw for 1,293 yards, 12 TD, and 3 INT, with a 67.5% completion rate

2nd 4 games of 2014: Manning threw for 1,289 yards, 12 TD and 2 INT, with a 70.5% completion rate

3rd 4 games of 2014: Manning threw for 1,165 yards, 12 TD and 4 INT, with a 66% completion rate

last 4 games of 2014: Manning threw for 990 YDS, 3 TD and 6 INT, with a 65% completion rate.

In the playoff game it was exactly like his last 4 regular season games: 211 yards, 56.5%, 1TD, 0 INT

He's looked the same this year too:

2015: 6 games, 1,524 YDS, 7TD, 10 INT, 61.6% completion rate

The key thing is how quickly it happened. Blame the neck, but the neck didn't stop him from putting up 93% of his 39 TD for the season in the first 12 games. The wheels just fell off and one of the NFL's consistent stat machined just seemingly gave out.

There is hope that something similar will happen with Brady. The Patriots* had an early week 4 bye. He as taken a lot of hits this season. He is the same age this year that Manning was last season. It's a grind for them from now until the end.

BTW Manning had a week 4 bye last season too.

Thoughts?

no

• 1 month later...

Let's re-visit.

I live in NE* country (unfortunately). I have noticed a decided shift in tone from the annoying bragging non-stop to a tinge (just a tinge, but it's there) of concern about the absolute beatdown Brady is taking on a weekly basis behind their OL.

He is taking a TON of hits and being pressured almost every snap when the other team knows he is going to pass.

Yes, injuries at the WR and TE spots are hurting, but this goes back quite a few weeks.

The Giants hit him a LOT and really should have beaten the Patriots* if not for a dropped softball INT at the end of the game. The GIANTS who have almost ZERO pass rush were smacking him around all day and forced him to hand them the game (which they dropped and gave right back). They had Edelman (for a while), Amendola and Gronk for that game.

Then the Bills were knocking him around all game long and frustrating him. They had Amendola and Gronk for that game too.

Then the Broncos got in on the action, even after losing 2 defensive starters on the same play early in the game. Brady took a ton of his and pressures that game as well.

Then the Eagles of all teams got in on the fun. People up here are starting to get nervous about him holding up.

This week they have the Texans (who have one of the best DL in the league, in HOU, with a division title to hope for, on SNF).

Listen, Brady is 38. This time last season Manning was still a top 5 QB. He was 38 too.

I know, Brady is a God. Somehow HIS body is impervious to age (I know it feels like it). But it's not and we are starting to see some good signs (for those of us against the empire of evil).

Low throws. Inaccurate throws. Bad decisions. Forcing the ball. There is no way Brady isn't starting to feel the effects of being hit so often. People are starting to notice.

It doesn't get any easier for them this week.

The slide is coming. NE*'s game is all about throwing 5 yard passes to wide open WR who run for 10-15 yards with the occasional throw up the seam to an uncoverable TE. IF you disrupt that they have no answer. That OL is HORRIBLE. Really, really, bad.

They are still the dominant team. Their empire is still in control of the AFC...for now. But the barbarians are nearing the gates.

The only chance we got is if Brady gets mad in some Brazillian bar because a guy is hitting on his wife, takes a swing, the guy ducks, and he shatters his throwing hand on the wall that was just behind the guy's head.

I don't think Brady ever hits the wall because I don't think he'll allow it. He strikes me as the kind of guy who will leave before he gets to that point. While I'm sure he loves playing football I don't sense the same love and devotion to it as you see in Manning. Manning has been often mentioned of taking a front office job once he retires, again don't see Brady doing that as he'd rather spend his time doing other things. And last but not least, he probably senses that if he doesn't leave when still great, Belichick would have no problem cutting him if his skills drop. So after seeing years of that in NE, I think he leaves on his terms.