Will Brady hit wall Manning did last 1/4 of 2014? (stats)

the difference between Brady and Manning (in my opinion) was that Manning depends more on the long ball and he has lost the ability to throw it effectively.

Brady depends more on quick, short passes. I think Brady is less apt to suddenly "hit the wall". I suspect he will still be quite effective for a few more years until he suffers some injuries.

Exactly this. The Colts / early time in Denver were a vertical offense, Manning throwing the ball down the field to Wayne / Harrison / Demaryius / Decker along with strong running games coming from the defense being stretched vertically. They were what they were, they forced you to match up with them, if you had corners who could keep up it usually ended with good results for you and thus Peyton only won 1 SB. Peyton got hurt in week 14 of last year (the torn quad) and hasn't been able to throw the ball effectively down the field since. Now Peyton's personal does not match up with him only able to play a ball control/quick passing/power running game (Demaryius-Sanders are vertical WRs, their line is garbage, RBs nothing special). More to that point, Kubiak's offensive scheme requires a lot of bootlegs/stretch runs, something Peyton is not capable of doing at this point.

The Pats offense has always been more flexible, morphing to attack what the other defense does worst. Brady hasn't been effectively able to throw the ball down the field for some time, but the Pats personnel fits his current game (small slot WRs all over the field, Gronk, quick pass catching backs) and he gets the ball out quickly to guys who can make moves in space (after benefiting from offensive pass interference). If you spread out too much to defend them, they'll beat you up inside with Blount or Gronk.

Basically, if you tried to put Brady in a vertical offense like the Cardinals, he'd likely look a lot closer to Peyton now than how Carson Palmer looks right now. If you put Peyton into an offense like the Pats, allowing him to make quick reads, get the ball out of his hand quickly and running power straight ahead, he wouldn't look quite so done.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without reading through 5 pages, Manning hit the wall because of getting old AND recurring injuries. He simply is not the same quarterback that he was 5 years ago. Brady isn't even close to being in the same position. The only possible way that Brady falls off the proverbial high horse is if he takes a serious injury.

I think amendola coming back will be big for them. He needs that quick slot option. They really don't run a lot of plays, they just somehow "guess" what the defense is going to do. Take away 2 of their main options (slot and TE seam)... and suddenly they look normal, average.

With that said, I have never seen Brady take shots like he has in the middle 1/3 of this season (and still has the Jets and Texans). He is very sly about that little dump-off into the ground (does he even make it to the LOS?), but he is still taking shots.

The Pats will be a different team once/if Gronk and that little guy who went to Kent St come back... but damage may have been done. The Pats need to play an extra playoff game and go on the road... I don't see them winning the Super Bowl this year. It is also understated a bit that their defense is starting to show vulnerability.

Edited by May Day 10

Brady has been knocked around the past 4 games like a Filipino Bar Girl in Subic Bay. Because of this he has been very average at best. I know he is missing weapons but the Pats are in trouble heading into the post season. Gimmick plays from the Pats last week tells me all I need to know about the state of affairs there.

Brady has been knocked around the past 4 games like a Filipino Bar Girl in Subic Bay. Because of this he has been very average at best. I know he is missing weapons but the Pats are in trouble heading into the post season. Gimmick plays from the Pats last week tells me all I need to know about the state of affairs there.

He has taken a ton of shots, so unless people think that drinking green smoothies, doing yoga, and sleeping 8 hours every night will somehow make Brady invincible when every other athlete (most of whom were naturally stronger and more athletic than him) falters is just too beaten down to see the dawn that is about to rise in the AFC.

He has taken a ton of shots, so unless people think that drinking green smoothies, doing yoga, and sleeping 8 hours every night will somehow make Brady invincible when every other athlete (most of whom were naturally stronger and more athletic than him) falters is just too beaten down to see the dawn that is about to rise in the AFC.

Have you seen the Brady commercial where he has 1000's of clones?

tom-brady-under-armour-hed-2015.jpgunder-armour-rule-yourself-featuring-tom

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Have you seen the Brady commercial where he has 1000's of clones?

tom-brady-under-armour-hed-2015.jpgunder-armour-rule-yourself-featuring-tom

Haha no but that pic is funny!

Without reading through 5 pages, Manning hit the wall because of getting old AND recurring injuries. He simply is not the same quarterback that he was 5 years ago. Brady isn't even close to being in the same position. The only possible way that Brady falls off the proverbial high horse is if he takes a serious injury.

Father time has a funny way of knocking and it end up happening in rapid fashion.

Father Time is sitting at his desk, posting on his Facebook page and catching up on emails.

He has "go visit Brady" on his to do list but he's getting a little worn out himself from all the other visits to guys like Kobe, Manning, etc.

One day he's going to wake up and say "alright it's time"

Edited by TheFunPolice