Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

See, this is the kind of trolling you've been wanting to do since your first post today in this thread. It's all good if that's what you want to do, just be honest about it.

I really shouldn't fall for it. I should be doing something more productive haha. BTW I love the name change and pic.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what's great about that play: you have to think that the Jets were thinking that the Bills would avoid passes that put their players out of bands at the end of it. Sammy going OOB ended up being just fine because he got the first down.

What I thought was great about that play was that Tyrod had the brass to throw a very flat out right across the face of a HOF corner like Revis in that kind of a toe-curling down/distance and game situation. That throw had some hair on it.

No way, he's had it since Sammy was drafted.

It was "hopeful", but with a touch of irony.

I was very excited about him coming to Buffalo, and still have high hopes, but there is no way that I'm satisfied at this point.

I just don't think the coaches approach (ball control) to the game will utilize his skills, that Tyrod (while he has his charms) can get the ball to him enough, or that Watkins is quite as good as many here think.

I was very excited about him coming to Buffalo, and still have high hopes, but there is no way that I'm satisfied at this point.

I just don't think the coaches approach (ball control) to the game will utilize his skills, that Tyrod (while he has his charms) can get the ball to him enough, or that Watkins is quite as good as many here think.

I really don't care if he's as good as anyone thinks. I only care if the Bills win games. If they don't and he isn't getting the ball, I'll want him to get more targets. SW is just one player on the team though, so I can't see being obsessed with his numbers or any one player's for that matter. The only thing that matters is winning games and getting in the playoffs, not saying I told you so when it comes to one player. If the Bills coaches want ball control , SW can be a part of that. I hope what they decide to do produces wins , because they are the coaches the Bills have. Now that he seems healthy again, it's likely his production goes up.

I really don't care if he's as good as anyone thinks. I only care if the Bills win games. If they don't and he isn't getting the ball, I'll want him to get more targets. SW is just one player on the team though, so I can't see being obsessed with his numbers or any one player's for that matter. The only thing that matters is winning games and getting in the playoffs, not saying I told you so when it comes to one player. If the Bills coaches want ball control , SW can be a part of that. I hope what they decide to do produces wins , because they are the coaches the Bills have. Now that he seems healthy again, it's likely his production goes up.

Of course its about wins.

They are a 5-4, middle of the pack team, and nowhere near the elite teams (not even close to the Patriots, EVEN if they win this week. Consistency matters.), and Watkins should be getting more production. The offense was anemic for much of the Jets game.

Until they win a playoff game, they are still crap.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I really shouldn't fall for it. I should be doing something more productive haha. BTW I love the name change and pic.

:beer: Thanks. It had to be done, once I saw the name was available I jumped.

No way, he's had it since Sammy was drafted.

A "touch" of irony...

What I thought was great about that play was that Tyrod had the brass to throw a very flat out right across the face of a HOF corner like Revis in that kind of a toe-curling down/distance and game situation. That throw had some hair on it.

Yeah, it really did. It was a big boy throw in a clutch moment. Loved it.

I think he can be great, but as I posted clearly SOMETHING IS WRONG. It's a combination of things, and I never said it was all his fault. But I don't think the problems are easily solved, and if Watkins isn't producing big, this team is going nowhere.

Okay, what is wrong in your mind? How would you fix it? This is a discussion board, I'd love to have a discussion with you about what needs to be done specifically to improve Sammy's role on the team, so lead the way. Expound a bit more on your premise.

And this is productive to the conversation how?

They are a 5-4, middle of the pack team, and nowhere near the elite teams (not even close to the Patriots, EVEN if they win this week. Consistency matters.), and Watkins should be getting more production. The offense was anemic for much of the Jets game.

Yes, the offense was ineffective for long stretches. This was largely due to their inability to deal with the blitz / pass rush and TT's issues with reading the coverages , not so much Watkins. They should have stuck with the ground game more when they had the big lead.

If you are using the Pats as your benchmark, well this team is bound to disappoint you. Just who has beaten them , anyway? The Bills are quite aways from being in the NFLs elite. They can possibly get to being among the NFLs good ( meaning in the playoffs) . They are a top QB at least from being anywhere near New England. You are talking about a team that will go down as one of the NFLs all time dynasties as far as a sustained period of dominance under one QB. That's setting the bar maybe a bit high for a team that last made the playoffs during the Clinton administration.

OK, I'll bite. What aspect of Watkins' skill set ISN'T as good as many here think? Please don't confuse stats with skill set.

I will hang up and take my answer over the air.

GO BILLS!!!

OK, I'll bite. What aspect of Watkins' skill set ISN'T as good as many here think? Please don't confuse stats with skill set.

GO BILLS!!!

You could throw the ball to Sammy on every single play and I'm quite certain we'd be in good shape.

GO BILLS!!!

His hands.

His "run after catch" ability.

His leadership.

Of course, it's not really about pinpointing one thing, it's about his overall effectiveness. It's not that he isn't very good at all the skills, it's that he might not be quite as good at putting them all together as some fans think.

Edited by HoF Watkins

His hands.

His "run after catch" ability.

His leadership.

Of course, it's not really about pinpointing one thing, it's about his overall effectiveness. It's not that he isn't very good at all the skills, it's that he might not be quite as good at putting them all together as some fans think.

Oh, please. You're embarrassing yourself.

On the brightside, with this established, you can go ahead and leave until January since you'll have nothing new to add til then.

What if they do win a playoff game, but it's against a 7-9 AFC South champ? Will you shout from the rooftops "ONLY NOW ARE THE BILLS NOT CRAP!"