Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

He gets separation a lot yet doesn't get the ball thrown his way nearly enough. Could have/should have had a big play TD to start the game but Tyrod just didn't put it in the right spot. Throw it to the middle of the field and Sammy runs under it and scores.

Yup and that route, it was a thing of beauty. A lot of people compare him negatively against his draft class, but no other WR in his drat class could execute either the missed bomb or the nail in the coffin route with that precision.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta' say no. He just said that people who questioned him have small jobs and they are jealous of his life and that he was not upset about not being able to play. I realize he is just a young kid and he was simply trying to get back at some people who got under his nerves and it should be taken in that context......... but he said what he said. The guy grew up in a working class family....obviously he lost his composure but let's not play the Stevie Johnson game and try to justify why what he said was right. It was AT BEST a second wrong not making a right.

He didn't say he wasn't upset about not being able to play . Just that he was ok and his job has a 100% injury rate. He wanted to play but knows it's not his fault he was injured. That's what he was not upset about. Why is this so hard to understand? Yes he said what he said, which is that if you have a problem with him being injured then you are a loser and should worry about your own little job and stop being concerned about his. Did you have a problem with him being injured? If you did then he was talking to you . If not he wasn't. I still have no problem with what he said because it's pretty much the truth. Not PC maybe , but true nonetheless. Criticizing guys for not performing on the field is one thing. Criticizing them for getting injured in a violent game is another. Be offended if you wish by his comments. I won't change my mind though.

Revis isn't even in half of that gif.

on mike and Mike they just said that Revis is still elite but there was a time when you would not throw his way when you desperately need a 1st down on 3rd and 4. They said times have certainly changed. So glad our staff has the balls that the last one did not. You have to know your own talent and choose to use it, not be afraid that your own talent doesn't match up with the opponent. Edited by YoloinOhio

That, right there, is special.

Same route he ran for the winner last year vs. Minnesota only he smoked a legend this time and somehow improved upon the running of the route itself, that right there is flat out sick.
Speaking of sick, the triple in-out-in move on the opening post route was insane in itself as well.

Same route he ran for the winner last year vs. Minnesota only he smoked a legend this time and somehow improved upon the running of the route itself, that right there is flat out sick.
Speaking of sick, the triple in-out-in move on the opening post route was insane in itself as well.

Indeed.

What amazes me about Sammy is that there's no shortage of guys that can run the multi-step, multi-directional routes that he runs; I haven't seen many that can do it with the speed he does.

Here's what's great about that play: you have to think that the Jets were thinking that the Bills would avoid passes that put their players out of bands at the end of it. Sammy going OOB ended up being just fine because he got the first down.

Yeah. Seeing it live I thought he should have sat down because he was so open. On the replay it's obvious he had not time and had to go out. It's worth the OB for sure to get that first down.