Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~ Half a foot taller makes a difference. I think all things considered. EJ SHOULD be the better qb. The only clear advantage for taylor is his 4.4 speed. EJ has the stronger arm, taller, and bigger. If he learned to trust what he sees and became a clear cut leader of men... Sky would be the limit. Neither of them are consistently accurate but they both have displayed pinpoint accuracy at times. I just dont see where Taylor is a world better like a lot here do. I think its more they like the nee shiny toy. Happened with Flutie JP Trent Fitz and if EJ flames out and we acquire another "guy" Taylor's going to eventually be added to that list.

No.

It's arguable. They both have above average arms. EJ can probably throw a football a little further. Taylor has a quicker release. Taylor has a surprisingly strong arm but EJs is probably a tad stronger.

If say if they both dropped back 7 steps and fired a deep out cut EJ probably wins. Doesn't make him a better QB or mean that Tyrod doesn't have an arm. Just that EJ has a bit stronger arm. Wouldn't be surprised at all.

Just put EJ in the shotgun like they did in his first few starts as a rookie, and let him get it done. I'd love to see the guy do well. It would be great if he won this week, and rex had the confidence to have him start against Jax. That would give TT three weeks to get healthy.

That should be enough time for TT to heal the ankle and knee. I also would love to see McCoy sit for the same period and be ready to wreak havoc on the Jets and Patsies.

If EJ sat on the roster for FOUR years behind a starter, he'd be every bit as successful as Tyrod.

Tyrod and McCoy should sit this weekend. Why risk it? 3-3 is worse case scenario, and I can live with that (as opposed to TT & Shady maybe progressing to season ending injuries).

Besides, I have faith in EJ.

Edited by boater

I haven't read through the whole thread, but has it been mentioned that Rex might just want the Bengals to game plan for Tyrod as well as Manuel. I know Manuel can run too, but they really are two difference QBs.

yeah I think there is no doubt that the extra element of prepping for two different QBs is something he will take advantage of. It may not matter, but if it does you might as well keep them guessing. There isn't a downside to do so from the Bills standpoint. Edited by YoloinOhio

I haven't read through the whole thread, but has it been mentioned that Rex might just want the Bengals to game plan for Tyrod as well as Manuel. I know Manuel can run too, but they really are two difference QBs.

Agree.. more than once.

I'm not reading 35 pages before jumping in.

In college, for large reading assignments, I was taught to just read the first line and last line of each paragraph. It worked amazingly well.

For a TBD post: I'm reading the first two pages, and the last two pages... jury still out.

I have as much confidence in EJ performing well on Sunday as I do with Taylor.

I think both are excellent your QBs who will have good plays and bad plays. I'm not the least bit concerned which guy starts on Sunday. It will be a team victory or loss. It won't be on one guys. I believe the defense will need to have a tremendous game in order for the Bills to have a chance. Being a home games helps the Bills too. RWS is going to be rocking again this week.

GO BILLS

I think both are excellent your QBs who will have good plays and bad plays. I'm not the least bit concerned which guy starts on Sunday. It will be a team victory or loss. It won't be on one guys. I believe the defense will need to have a tremendous game in order for the Bills to have a chance. Being a home games helps the Bills too. RWS is going to be rocking again this week.

GO BILLS

No. It will be either a (TT victory or team loss) or (EJ loss or team victory).

At this point I get the feeling that TT is going to play. Just hope it doesn't end up being the wrong move (and I mean him getting hurt more and not having a bad game).

Edited by The Wiz

Just put EJ in the shotgun like they did in his first few starts as a rookie, and let him get it done. I'd love to see the guy do well. It would be great if he won this week, and rex had the confidence to have him start against Jax. That would give TT three weeks to get healthy.

That should be enough time for TT to heal the ankle and knee. I also would love to see McCoy sit for the same period and be ready to wreak havoc on the Jets and Patsies.

Yes, yes, and yes :thumbsup:

GO BILLS

I'm with Maddog. I really don't care who starts unless TT's knee really is screwed up in which case I want him to sit.

TT has a live arm and is a dynamic runner. But he needs better pocket presence and better vision finding open receivers.

EJ looks much improved and I'd be interested in seeing what he can do in the regular season.

Whichever one starts will hear me cheer him on - if he has extraordinarily good hearing since I'll be watching in the comfort of my home in the Seattle suburbs.

I'm with Maddog. I really don't care who starts unless TT's knee really is screwed up in which case I want him to sit.

TT has a live arm and is a dynamic runner. But he needs better pocket presence and better vision finding open receivers.

EJ looks much improved and I'd be interested in seeing what he can do in the regular season.

Whichever one starts will hear me cheer him on - if he has extraordinarily good hearing since I'll be watching in the comfort of my home in the Seattle suburbs.

Why don't you come out to the Highliner on Sunday?