Colts Sign Marcus Thigpen; Update - Signed by Raiders

For everyone complaining about thigpen catching two punts inside the 10 last week, where are you?

Moore did the same, plus fumbled the ball away that almost lost us the game.

I regretted this move when it was made, and Sunday only cemented my view.

id give the guy more than 4 days with the team before final judgement. we just picked up a respectable receiver that shouldnt be a large dropoff in the return game (if any).

yea, i know, the one fumble -- but it was on the tail end of a 30 yard return, so he did flash a little.

For everyone complaining about thigpen catching two punts inside the 10 last week, where are you?

Good point! At least he could catch them on the 10.

Keep in mind Leodis is coming back too. We can put him back on punts, especially if he's lost his starting job. Random side note: I saw Leodis in the parking lot in Nashville immediately after the game. He was walking well and dodging fans like a first round pick. It was kinda weird that he was out there so fast and not with the team. Anyone else see him?

Keep in mind Leodis is coming back too. We can put him back on punts, especially if he's lost his starting job. Random side note: I saw Leodis in the parking lot in Nashville immediately after the game. He was walking well and dodging fans like a first round pick. It was kinda weird that he was out there so fast and not with the team. Anyone else see him?

is it normal for injured players to travel to road games? Just wondering, I thought they didn't go unless there was a chance they might play.

is it normal for injured players to travel to road games? Just wondering, I thought they didn't go unless there was a chance they might play.

I see injured players in street clothes on the sidelines of NFL games on a regular basis. It's rather common.

I see injured players in street clothes on the sidelines of NFL games on a regular basis. It's rather common.

i know it's common at home games and for guys who are out short term. Just don't usually see a lot of guys on IR designation traveling to road games. Not that I pay too close attention to that around the league.

i know it's common at home games and for guys who are out short term. Just don't usually see a lot of guys on IR designation traveling to road games. Not that I pay too close attention to that around the league.

I've seen plenty on the road. Just depends on the guy and injury.

id give the guy more than 4 days with the team before final judgement. we just picked up a respectable receiver that shouldnt be a large dropoff in the return game (if any).

yea, i know, the one fumble -- but it was on the tail end of a 30 yard return, so he did flash a little.

I truly do hope he works out, and I am wrong about this.

I'd rather have Thigpen than Moore returning for sure. I'd just rather that all around, I think.

Me too. Return game issues were definitely not Thigpen, IMO. Blocking stinks plus the penalties. At least Thigpen didn't fumble...

Dont take these moves too seriously JR. its not like are letting #Fredleave

Well. Its been one game but I am inclined to agree with you. Moore looks like McKelvin 2.0. Hopefully he steps it up. Tbh no idea why we signed him. I mean we already have 20 other WRs that could be competent return men. Goodwin for example. Hell, I wouldnt mind if they stuck Dez Lewis back there.

Well. Its been one game but I am inclined to agree with you. Moore looks like McKelvin 2.0. Hopefully he steps it up. Tbh no idea why we signed him. I mean we already have 20 other WRs that could be competent return men. Goodwin for example. Hell, I wouldnt mind if they stuck Dez Lewis back there.

i think Woods is the only WR on the roster aside from Sammy who has ever returned punts in college or pro

I looked up Dez, he had one punt return in college

Edited by YoloinOhio

i think Woods is the only WR on the roster aside from Sammy who has ever returned punts in college or pro

I looked up Dez, he had one punt return in college

Honest question: Is it really hard to learn how to return punts? I figured most RBs/WRs already had the necessary skill sets to be half decent at it.

Honest question: Is it really hard to learn how to return punts? I figured most RBs/WRs already had the necessary skill sets to be half decent at it.

it is one of the more difficult roles on the team. There was a good thread about it last week, on the differences between KR and PR.

Hmm. I did not know that, thanks! Do you know if one of our RBs is a good PR?

i don't think so. Karlos returned Kickoffs in college and Herron did as well and also with the Colts... But don't know about PR for any of them. Denarius returned punts for the Raiders.

Personally I think they should put Woods back there. He was a tremendous PR in college. I know they want to reduce injury risk but Steelers use Antonio Brown

And yet thigpen has more fumbles in fewer touches.

I don't remember Thigpen putting the ball on the ground much while he was here. What are their respective numbers? The new guy has one lost fumble in 3 touches. Fumble percentage: 33%.

I don't remember Thigpen putting the ball on the ground much while he was here. What are their respective numbers? The new guy has one lost fumble in 3 touches. Fumble percentage: 33%.

i don't remember Thigpen fumbling here but I think that was why he got cut in Tampa.

i don't remember Thigpen fumbling here but I think that was why he got cut in Tampa.

He has 7 career, in under 200 touches while we are looking at the new guy having 6 in right around 200 (don't recall the exact numbers)

Though apparently we have fans expecting a 1 fumble in 3 touches rate to continue

• 3 weeks later...

Now we can look forward to Leodis back there... It's nerve racking wondering if he'll still be thinking about the hot dog sandwich debate as the ball decends from the sky towards him while his heels are planted on the 13yar line...

i don't think so. Karlos returned Kickoffs in college and Herron did as well and also with the Colts... But don't know about PR for any of them. Denarius returned punts for the Raiders.

Personally I think they should put Woods back there. He was a tremendous PR in college. I know they want to reduce injury risk but Steelers use Antonio Brown

Percey, Sammy?