How did NE figure out our offense so quick?

PortlandiaEast

Taylor isn't a rookie.

Let me expound. If a rookie is starting against Belichick, he most likely has been proven in college to be a solid prospect. But a young QB who is handed the job is probably unproven, and needs much more experience to develop. I would rather have Luck as a rookie than Taylor in his 4th year against Belichick.

That actually made no sense at all

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its paranoia...

But after watching the first half against Miami, the Indy game, and the first drive against NE... I cant help but think NE thought that our offense was way better than they expected and found an illegal way to get an edge, either on offense or on defense. Im also extremely jaded/paranoid/whatever that the NFL is somewhat rigged, and I think our offense looks dangerous as I have ever seen.

Bills ran for most of the yards on the first series, then they bottled that up and forced several third a long situations.

Maybe its paranoia...

But after watching the first half against Miami, the Indy game, and the first drive against NE... I cant help but think NE thought that our offense was way better than they expected and found an illegal way to get an edge, either on offense or on defense. Im also extremely jaded/paranoid/whatever that the NFL is somewhat rigged, and I think our offense looks dangerous as I have ever seen.

They had Bryce Brown and that QB we cut in for a workout before the game.

Ask Matt Cassel...

Or Bryce Brown

I do think it's ironic that after the pats* game he is traded. Maybe he was a touch bitter that he lost $ and time...and gave secrets away to his friends Bill and the devil...or is that redundant?

Edited by frogger

This was on us. We played 7 back, uncharacteristic for Rex, but didn't press. We left them 5 yards cushion on every play and Brady torched us. On offense, Belicheck was hell bent on not allowing us to run, and contain. He did jsut that, and we still put up 32 points. We were so undisciplined on penalties that cost us huge in field position especially on ST.

Eliminate those penalties and we have a number of short fields. That is our problem. They didn't cheat, we were beat. Simple as that. I'd love to blame it on cheating, but how?

Lastly, for the reasons stated above, we were outcoached. Roman went away from his original game plan that drove us down for a first score. Rex had the team too amped up which led to penalties. Heck, Rex received a penalty at one point. That was ridiculous.

The good news is we cleaned it up in miami, and played a great game. If they learned from it, then move on. We lost, and focus on the Giants then the Titans. We could conceivably be 4-1 looking at the Bengals. They are good. I watched the Ravens game in part, and the Bengals were solid in all phases of the game.

This was on us. We played 7 back, uncharacteristic for Rex, but didn't press. We left them 5 yards cushion on every play and Brady torched us. On offense, Belicheck was hell bent on not allowing us to run, and contain. He did jsut that, and we still put up 32 points. We were so undisciplined on penalties that cost us huge in field position especially on ST.

Eliminate those penalties and we have a number of short fields. That is our problem. They didn't cheat, we were beat. Simple as that. I'd love to blame it on cheating, but how?

Lastly, for the reasons stated above, we were outcoached. Roman went away from his original game plan that drove us down for a first score. Rex had the team too amped up which led to penalties. Heck, Rex received a penalty at one point. That was ridiculous.

The good news is we cleaned it up in miami, and played a great game. If they learned from it, then move on. We lost, and focus on the Giants then the Titans. We could conceivably be 4-1 looking at the Bengals. They are good. I watched the Ravens game in part, and the Bengals were solid in all phases of the game.

+1.

Who knows, maybe the Pats have found some other way to cheat and get an edge? Even if they did, what is complaining on TBD going to do about it? It's pointless and looks weak lmo.

Edited by strive_for_five_guy

Statistically penalties where not a difference between the teams.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Do you mean there's no statistical difference between 11 penalties for 119 yds and 14 penalties for 140 yds? Not sure on that.

Or do you mean - well, what do you mean?

did they now? Brown is on their active roster?

Oh now some have added Matt Cassel to the mix of selling secrets to the Cheaters?

I often wonder if people actually believe this stuff.

The guy you're responding to said "they had Bryce Brown and the QB we cut in for a workout"

Matt Cassel was not in for a workout after his release. I believe the QB meant may have been Alex Tanney.

No one said "Brown is on their active roster" That's a straw guy you're plaiting. The statement was that the Pats had him in for a workout.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Do you mean there's no statistical difference between 11 penalties for 119 yds and 14 penalties for 140 yds? Not sure on that.

I dont think 3 penalties for 21 yards is a big difference. The timing of them was and I question if that was all bills or half the bills half refs wanting to take away opportunities from the bills. And to the avg fan all they will see is the stat line for penalties and see nothing really afoul...

Thats all.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

The guy you're responding to said "they had Bryce Brown and the QB we cut in for a workout"

Matt Cassel was not in for a workout after his release. I believe the QB meant may have been Alex Tanney.

No one said "Brown is on their active roster" That's a straw guy you're plaiting. The statement was that the Pats had him in for a workout.

I meant to say that thinking these people who actually were in for a workout sold the Bills game plan is a bit much in the tin foil category.

I failed to go back and read the context of what Nihilarian posted.

And weren't people saying stuff when MC was with his buddies at the Kentucky Derby?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

They are good. Even great. That doesn't mean they don't cheat too.

Think about it for a minute. This is a football team that is miles better than any team in the history of the NFL, led by a QB who plays like he's in his prime at an age most QBs are long retired. They play like they know the other teams every move before it happens. And they are a team with a cloud of suspicion around them since 2007.

Didn't say they didn't cheat.....however they do it, they win and you can't take that away from them. Unfortunately until the coach and QB retire they're the team to beat....I also remember that for many years no matter how bad the Bills were fans could almost always count on two W's a season against the Pat's....but that's ancient history.

Likely a combination of playbook peaking, Ernie Adams and voices speaking to Brady in his helmet.

Because this man had his people steal playbooks

2C15698400000578-3226770-image-m-87_1441

CBF

Wow, who would wear a shirt with their own name emblazoned on the front of it. Talk about ego. Even rock musicians don't wear t-shirts with their own band name while they're on the stage.

Didn't say they didn't cheat.....however they do it, they win and you can't take that away from them. Unfortunately until the coach and QB retire they're the team to beat....I also remember that for many years no matter how bad the Bills were fans could almost always count on two W's a season against the Pat's....but that's ancient history.

Actually if they do cheat, you CAN take it away from them. See Lance Armstrong. How much of an edge was cheating in the Tour de France? No idea. Could be a lot. Could be nothing. But his wins are nullified anyway. Same goes for the Pats. If it can be shown they did cheat, or still do, not a single victory matters. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Did he really slow the KGun down? I don't think so, I think it was the ball control from the Giants offense (over 40 minutes) that slowed the Bills offense down. The Bills still had almost 400 yards in only 19 minutes of having the ball.

The K-Gun was slowed down by Kelly. He needed to give the ball more to TT.

One overwhelming reason: Thursday Night Football. Belicheat had 10 days to study/cheat/whatever.

And don't forget the video of Brady checking out us on TV (whipping the Colts) on Sunday....I am sure he figured out how to beat us there !!!!!

Maybe they were able to steal our playbook - they have done that in the past.

It wouldnt suprise me if they have MIT grads working their IT department with their purpose being hack the other teams computers and get playbooks, tape, etc.

If the NSA does it, they probably learned it from those scum bag patriots.

Actually if they do cheat, you CAN take it away from them. See Lance Armstrong. How much of an edge was cheating in the Tour de France? No idea. Could be a lot. Could be nothing. But his wins are nullified anyway. Same goes for the Pats. If it can be shown they did cheat, or still do, not a single victory matters.

Haha beat me to it. That was some logic.