Did we underestimate the Jets?

xsoldier54

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's exactly what every team in our division is saying about us...

not from what I've seen. Fitz is what he is after all of these years. Pretty easy to predict what he will do. TT is an unknown. He's looked very good at times and inexperienced at times, but no one knows how good he might be as he continues to play. Edited by YoloinOhio

10 turnovers in 2 games. Not sustainable. Two of those turnovers took points off the board for the Browns and points off the board for the Colts. Fitz still chucking the ball into double and triple coverage. I'd say somewhere between 7 to 9 wins is possible for them, depends on injuries.

yup - id venture they end up much like the fitz/chan fast start bills. once the turnovers come back to earth, and the short fields disappear they will be a team that might win a few they shouldnt, but also lose a few they shouldnt. Probably in the hunt for a wild card, but not a great team.

As long as they have Fitz starting, they aren't going anywhere.

That's a nice generalization, but if Fitz has a clean pocket and a running game, like he did last night, he can light it up. We need to stop the run and hit him early and often to force some turnovers. The $.25B club needs to get off their asses this week.

I don't think they are going to find teams fumbling a TD on the goal line and missing a 29 yard FG, let alone turning the ball over 5 times and losing their best 4 CBs every week. They are certainly better than last year but that was expected with their personnel upgrades.

Revis has lost a half step, which means now he's just elite and not the best ever. Loved the TY hilton stiff arm, he dropped revis like a ragdoll.

Wish we would have signed Harris the LB. He is a freak.

Cro has definitely lost a step. He's hurt but he really looks old and slow.

I don't think they are going to find teams fumbling a TD on the goal line and missing a 29 yard FG, let alone turning the ball over 5 times and losing their best 4 CBs every week. They are certainly better than last year but that was expected with their personnel upgrades.

Cro has definitely lost a step. He's hurt but he really looks old and slow.

Yup. Their offense was stagnant for 3.5 quarters of football. They couldn't run the ball and the turnovers and their defense kept them in the game and when the Colts came back and scored to make it 10-7 their defense looked gassed.

Watching the MNF game last night and it is clear to me that the Jets D is for real. To me, our offense looks better, but that defense looked awfully good. Hoping the Bills can bounce back this weekend, but if they fall to 0-2 in the division, it will be a difficult hole to dig out of because it will be a tough task beating the Jets. If we lose this weekend and we also lose to the Jets, it could be another long season. I think our team is greatly improved, but Sunday showed me there is a long way to go, while the Jets, Pats and Fins all look pretty good. Thoughts?

the fins looked good? Losing to the juggernaut Jaguars?

The Jets looked just as good as the Bills did against the Colts and lost to the defending SB highest scoring team (don't want to say champ or winner.....)

Watching the MNF game last night and it is clear to me that the Jets D is for real. To me, our offense looks better, but that defense looked awfully good. Hoping the Bills can bounce back this weekend, but if they fall to 0-2 in the division, it will be a difficult hole to dig out of because it will be a tough task beating the Jets. If we lose this weekend and we also lose to the Jets, it could be another long season. I think our team is greatly improved, but Sunday showed me there is a long way to go, while the Jets, Pats and Fins all look pretty good. Thoughts?

It's one of those things. We were all happy we beat the Colts, a team the prognosticators had in the Superbowl or at least contending again for the AFC East. We thumped them pretty well, and so did the Jets. So now the question is, are the Jets great or maybe the Colts are just not a very good team?

I think our team is greatly improved on paper but 1) so far Ryan's D shows regression vs Schwartz last year. He was handed the keys to an elite group of players, so if we lay an egg, he's the hen.

2) so far we haven't shown the ability to utilize our improved offensive players yet, and the OL kind of looks like cat sh** to me. Roman needs to build his rep as a OC who can utilize a stout run and a QB who is not a great pocket passer. I am under-impressed by Rex's press conferences calling for Taylor to step up in the pocket more. If you want a pocket passer, don't chose a short guy with wheels as your QB.

As long as they have Fitz starting, they aren't going anywhere.

while he can't stop Brady he had figured out how to stop fitz playing chan ball in the past. If I recall spiller was the only effective offense, but aside that, Rex owned those match ups...

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I'm pretty sure whil he can't stop Brady he had figured out how to stop fitz playing chan ball. If I recall the spiller singlehandedly was the offense, but aside that, Rex owned those match ups

the Fitz and Chan show looked good until the toughest kind of defense caught up with them -- film. I don't think either are good enough to overcome that. We have seen Fitz rise and fall time and time again, and saw Chan unwilling or unable to make adjustments to his offense once defenses caught on. People remember the good times and forget the brutal end with those two. We shall see. Edited by YoloinOhio