Did we underestimate the Jets?

xsoldier54

the jets D is every bit as good as the bills. last year we were ranked 4th and the jets 6th. they added revis, who is a difference maker.

the jets Oline is significantly better than ours. last year we were ranked 25th for rushing the jets 4th.

so far this season we have 25 penalties, the jets 12.

on total QBR , tyrod is ranked 17th, fitz 8th.

do NOT underestimate the jets.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Colts were in the AFC championship and they beat them in Indy. That's a good win even if the Colts are currently struggling.

The Colts are the NFL's most overrated team IMO and in week 1 the Jets beat the Browns. Coming in we knew that the Jets' D would be tough, but Fitz at QB with limited weapons around him make them a single phase team.

The Colts are the NFL's most overrated team IMO and in week 1 the Jets beat the Browns. Coming in we knew that the Jets' D would be tough, but Fitz at QB with limited weapons around him make them a single phase team.

True. But Fitz + Brandon Marshall? (And reunited with Chan and it feels so good) And Tannehill without a Brandon Marshall. We'll see what happens the next couple weeks, but I see the Jets on the way up and the Dolphins on the way down.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

I feel terrible for wanting the Jets to win that game last night - largely because of Fitz and Gailey.

I think the Colts are terrible - Johnson and Gore are past their primes and their lines are full of nobodys.

I do think last night's game was instructional - you have to attack the quarterback ALL THE TIME. Non stop. A casual pass rush and your corners playing 5 yards off the line loses football games. As Sal Paolantonio said this morning on the radio, the quarterbacks are too good and the rules prevent the secondary from really playing defense - so it's won/lost on the frequency and effectiveness of your pass rush.

Jarvis Landry is REALLY good.

Correct. So is Sammy. But we saw the value again last night of the big, physical receiver, particularly when paired with a limited QB who doesn't like (or have the ability) to push the ball downfield ... and that describes Fitz, Tannehill, and (at least for the "like" part so far) Tyrod.

I feel terrible for wanting the Jets to win that game last night - largely because of Fitz and Gailey.

I think the Colts are terrible - Johnson and Gore are past their primes and their lines are full of nobodys.

I do think last night's game was instructional - you have to attack the quarterback ALL THE TIME. Non stop. A casual pass rush and your corners playing 5 yards off the line loses football games. As Sal Paolantonio said this morning on the radio, the quarterbacks are too good and the rules prevent the secondary from really playing defense - so it's won/lost on the frequency and effectiveness of your pass rush.

I had to keep reminding myself that I was supposed to want the Colts to win ...

Correct. So is Sammy. But we saw the value again last night of the big, physical receiver, particularly when paired with a limited QB who doesn't like (or have the ability) to push the ball downfield ... and that describes Fitz, Tannehill, and (at least for the "like" part so far) Tyrod.

I had to keep reminding myself that I was supposed to want the Colts to win ...

i think Clay is playing that role for us right now

You play teams when you play them. Openers are always tough, we played them there, at their best and the game was over by the 3rd quarter.

It was a nice win by the Jets, though they could have ended the game way earlier had they executed better. They have a great front four, nice LBs and Revis, we always knew their defense would be a challenge. Offensively they couldn't run consistently and although Fitz had a nice drive to seal the win, he is still Fitz with his int per game.

Look who's up next: Eagles, Dolphins, Redskins all at home. Oh, then Pats in Foxboro, so we may have to wait till Week 6 to see who the NYJ really are ... can we get a schedule like that some year???

If they're 5-0, we'll have a pretty good idea. I'd expect a stumble before then but if the defensive play continues at its present level perhaps not.

Miami is the team that is not impressive. I see 4th place in their near future.

I know I didn't. In preseason I shared my view that each AFCE team would be .500 or better. You look at the two common opponent divisions we play, AFCN and NFCE, both divisions are trending to have down years.

My biggest concern coming out of the Jets dumping the Colts is that now our week 1 victory does not really look that impressive.

That's just what I think! The Colts getting beat in Buffalo says they are in bad shape. The Colts getting beat by The Jets at home means we're not as good as we thought beating them in Week 1!