Did we underestimate the Jets?

xsoldier54

Watching the MNF game last night and it is clear to me that the Jets D is for real. To me, our offense looks better, but that defense looked awfully good. Hoping the Bills can bounce back this weekend, but if they fall to 0-2 in the division, it will be a difficult hole to dig out of because it will be a tough task beating the Jets. If we lose this weekend and we also lose to the Jets, it could be another long season. I think our team is greatly improved, but Sunday showed me there is a long way to go, while the Jets, Pats and Fins all look pretty good. Thoughts?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the MNF game last night and it is clear to me that the Jets D is for real. To me, our offense looks better, but that defense looked awfully good. Hoping the Bills can bounce back this weekend, but if they fall to 0-2 in the division, it will be a difficult hole to dig out of because it will be a tough task beating the Jets. If we lose this weekend and we also lose to the Jets, it could be another long season. I think our team is greatly improved, but Sunday showed me there is a long way to go, while the Jets, Pats and Fins all look pretty good. Thoughts?

10 turnovers in 2 games. Not sustainable. Two of those turnovers took points off the board for the Browns and points off the board for the Colts. Fitz still chucking the ball into double and triple coverage. I'd say somewhere between 7 to 9 wins is possible for them, depends on injuries.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

The Jets defense has the pieces. I like the front, the linebackers are good, and the corners are great. When you add it all up they should be an excellent defense. Injuries and underperformance can hamper that of course. The offense could be adequate, nothing more, not a lot of speed on this of the ball.

No, they are good. The Jets could win 8-10 games. If you were to look at the schedule before the year you would probably have them at 1-1. They are a game ahead of pace but still not a contender. They don't have the playmakers on offense.

Brandon Marshall is a good enough playmaker and Eric Decker is a good #2 WR. You could even make the argument that Chris Ivory is a good #1 running back. I just want to see how long they can go with Fitz. As much as I love his effort & heart, you know he'll have a game where those forced throws turn into INTs all day. He won't keep this up.

I think the Bills stomp the Jets this year. We will run the football on them and our receivers will get plenty of yards after catch. Not very worried. Just avoid Bevis in the secondary. Yeah. Yeah.

All the division games will be very tough tests this year. That's the main reason I thought 10-6 was a very reasonable prediction.

I know I didn't. In preseason I shared my view that each AFCE team would be .500 or better. You look at the two common opponent divisions we play, AFCN and NFCE, both divisions are trending to have down years.

My biggest concern coming out of the Jets dumping the Colts is that now our week 1 victory does not really look that impressive.

X, we've discussed this throughout the off-season -as soon as they landed Revis and Cromartie. Gailey can maximize Fitz, though we know his limitations. The BEST thing that happened for the Jets since last season was IK's left hook. Geno just hands wins to the opposition. As Luck found out last night, if you fall behind them now, you're playing into their strength. The AFCE is a Powerhouse, I tell ya!

Brandon Marshall is a good enough playmaker and Eric Decker is a good #2 WR. You could even make the argument that Chris Ivory is a good #1 running back. I just want to see how long they can go with Fitz. As much as I love his effort & heart, you know he'll have a game where those forced throws turn into INTs all day. He won't keep this up.

Maybe speed is the word that I am looking for. With Devin Smith out they lack speed and big play ability.

Did we overestimate the Colts?

No, they weren't that good to begin with. They are a great QB, a great CB, a good WR and trash.