Trainhorngate?

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick! Fire the sound effects guy and delete the tapes! You have no proof. We cooperated fully.

It has indeed become predictable who will say what about a story on the Pats*, but that includes you, WEO, HOFW or John C. coming along to clean up for them no matter what the alleged infraction. Before you feel the need to reply, yes, I,too, am predictable on that subject.

What you failed to note is that the judge ruled in favor of the Pats and Brady against the league and the unethical and incompetent commissioner. The distinguished judge not only forcefully repudiated the league's stance in this ridiculous case but during the proceedings from the bench he mocked the ludicrous responses the league offered for his pointed questions.

When you are on the side of foolishness you shouldn't be surprised that you end up on the losing side against common sense and good judgement.

I feel offended! How dare you put me in the same category with WEO. He is in a category of his own.

Any judge that would offer the "the player didn't know he could get suspended if he cheated" defense is a class A moron. That he showed up to a Hampton's party a few days later and, by chance, Bobby Kraft was there tells me the guy wasn't so distinguished. But this saga isn't over.

Roger Goodell consistently gets his rulings overturned when his judgments are reviewed by neutral eyes. You are then surprised with the result in this case. If you really believe that the judge's ruling is going to be overturned in appeal (two years down the road) then you are not simply misjudging this case you are grossly misjudging this case.

As I have said in prior posts Abby Lowell who is recognized as being one of the top civil/criminal attorneys in the country was asked what were the league's chances of winning their case on appeal. He said zero.

What you and others fail to understand is that the substance underpinning this case had little to do with Brady and the Pats. It had everything to do with institutional corruption of the league office and the unethical behavior of an arrogant commissioner. Justice prevailed and you are unhappy. That's what happens when you are on the wrong side of common sense.

It has indeed become predictable who will say what about a story on the Pats*, but that includes you, WEO, HOFW or John C. coming along to clean up for them no matter what the alleged infraction. Before you feel the need to reply, yes, I,too, am predictable on that subject.

You would think this because everything is very simple in your world...yet despite this, you struggle to acknowledge the obvious. Weird...

Edited by Mr. WEO

I too hated the train noise last time I was at the game, and if a fine and 5th round pick is what it takes to get rid of it I'm not sure I'd be upset.

However, if the league hasn't given "notice" of the fact that a train sound triggered too late can cost a team money and draft picks, then it could be challenged in court. Just make sure that the same judge hears the case.

Also I look forward to the courtroom sketch of Rex Ryan.

They'd fine and take a 5th round pick from the Bills, like they did the Falcons.

The League isn't going to dole out a punishment to the team, but you can all do your part. Take care of it "in house".

I think Bills fans (that care) should punish themselves (take one for the team), to cleanse themselves of this sin. That way youze guys won't feel guilty should the Bills win the Super Bowl.

How about striking your own toe with a ball peen hammer? Maybe some self-flagellation out in the parking lot?

Edited by HoF Watkins

Roger Goodell consistently gets his rulings overturned when his judgments are reviewed by neutral eyes. You are then surprised with the result in this case. If you really believe that the judge's ruling is going to be overturned in appeal (two years down the road) then you are not simply misjudging this case you are grossly misjudging this case.

As I have said in prior posts Abby Lowell who is recognized as being one of the top civil/criminal attorneys in the country was asked what were the league's chances of winning their case on appeal. He said zero.

What you and others fail to understand is that the substance underpinning this case had little to do with Brady and the Pats. It had everything to do with institutional corruption of the league office and the unethical behavior of an arrogant commissioner. Justice prevailed and you are unhappy. That's what happens when you are on the wrong side of common sense.

Are you a loyal little?

can you imagine the outrage if they did it in foxboro?

Can you imagine all of the same fans lining up to defend them?

I heard the problem was they could not hear their spotter on the sideline; every time the P*tri*ts would go to line a radio station from Boston would be heard on headset/

Edited by Koolaid

Setting aside any discussion on whether or not the horn was played at the wrong time, I join with those who can't stand it. It's played on almost every single defensive play. I'm only hearing it over the air (I live outside the country) so I can't imagine how annoying it must be to season ticket holders.

Many years ago (when I was a season ticket holder), the Bills used a video of a buffalo stampede to rile up the crowd (it changed to buffalo stampeding through snow in colder months), but they only did this on 3rd down, and certainly not every 3rd down. That had cachet to it, I think.

Are you a loyal little?

Yes. This sports radio show doesn't always highlight sports which makes it more interesting. Tony K doesn't like to have athletes on his show because he believes that they are boring and have nothing to offer. One former pro athlete that he had on and he later gushed over was Cal Ripken.

Tony K periodically brings on Abby Lowell to answer legal questions of the day and explain what the core legal issues are. What makes Abby Lowell a terrific legal analyst is that he can with clarity describe what the salient legal issues are so a lay man can understand.

What was rare in the Lowell interview involving the Brady decision was his non subtle display of contempt for Goodell in the manner in which he manufactured his own rules to suit his end game. Usually he objectively describes the positions held by the parties. In this case he was not able to mask his feelings toward the commissioner's attitude and approach in this foolish case. Lowell is a strong believer in the rule of law and process. In this case AL felt that RG was making a mockery of the process. That went against the core of what he (AL) stands for.

Tony K is a professional curmudgeon who isn't too adept with techie stuff. He also gets lost a lot when his usual route is not available. We are kindered spirits.

Edited by JohnC

love the train sound. it always gets everyone on their feet and cheering on 3rd down. i'd guess that only 50% of the people at the games know what the heck is going on so it's a great reminder that a big play is coming up. there's a lot of women and Canadians (no offense to the Canadians on here but the ones that sit near me just come to the game for something to do). i don't think them playing the train sound when the offense was lining up was intentional. they just always play it on 3rd down and it's not their fault that the Pats weren't huddling

Yes. This sports radio show doesn't always highlight sports which makes it more interesting. Tony K doesn't like to have athletes on his show because he believes that they are boring and have nothing to offer. One former pro athlete that he had on and he later gushed over was Cal Ripken.

Tony K periodically brings on Abby Lowell to answer legal questions of the day and explain what the core legal issues are. What makes Abby Lowell a terrific legal analyst is that he can with clarity describe what the salient legal issues are so a lay man can understand.

What was rare in the Lowell interview involving the Brady decision was his non subtle display of contempt for Goodell in the manner in which he manufactured his own rules to suit his end game. Usually he objectively describes the positions held by the parties. In this case he was not able to mask his feelings toward the commissioner's attitude and approach in this foolish case. Lowell is a strong believer in the rule of law and process. In this case AL felt that RG was making a mockery of the process. That went against the core of what he (AL) stands for.

Tony K is a professional curmudgeon who isn't too adept with techie stuff. He also gets lost a lot when his usual route is not available. We are kindered spirits.

I love the show and listen to the podcast every day, for all the reasons you mentioned. The people on this board who want sports analysis 100% of the time would probably hate it.

It's smart and funny (Gary being the funniest) people talking about what I want to hear about. The best "sports radio" show ever.

love the train sound. it always gets everyone on their feet and cheering on 3rd down. i'd guess that only 50% of the people at the games know what the heck is going on so it's a great reminder that a big play is coming up. there's a lot of women and Canadians (no offense to the Canadians on here but the ones that sit near me just come to the game for something to do). i don't think them playing the train sound when the offense was lining up was intentional. they just always play it on 3rd down and it's not their fault that the Pats weren't huddling

Huh? 50% of the people? The entire stadium stands up before the train sound. I don't post here much anymore, but had to log on just for this. The train sound is the most annoying thing that the Bills do. And I'm one in favor of all the noise and standing you can do, but the train thing is awful, and most people think it's awful.

The train has nothing to do with the Bills, Buffalo, Ralph Wilson or anything. It's ridiculously loud when the crowd is deflated. So, not only is it used way more than just third downs, it's unbearable in a situation like Sunday when the crowd was deflated and they kept blowing the F'n thing.

It's awful. Way overused. And we seriously don't need to hear it when the Bills are behind by 24 or up by 24 in the fourth quarter. Hell, add preseason to that as well. It kept blaring during the preseason games when nobody cared to do anything about it.

HORRIBLE!

Huh? 50% of the people? The entire stadium stands up before the train sound.

50% are drunks, women, canadians, opposing team fans. i think i'm being generous by saying 50% are real fans that know what's happening and know when to get up and cheer. for the rest of the people i'm fine with the choo choo train sound

50% are drunks, women, canadians, opposing team fans. i think i'm being generous by saying 50% are real fans that know what's happening and know when to get up and cheer. for the rest of the people i'm fine with the choo choo train sound

Not sure where you sit, because I saw pretty much none of that (minus not knowing who Canadians are) in my section. The crowds have been great this year. The train is one of the dumbest things the Bills have done in years. It's awful in person, and it even annoys people on TV.

Horrible.

Edited by Lv-Bills

I love the show and listen to the podcast every day, for all the reasons you mentioned. The people on this board who want sports analysis 100% of the time would probably hate it.

It's smart and funny (Gary being the funniest) people talking about what I want to hear about. The best "sports radio" show ever.

It wasn't until recently that I started to take a liking to Gary Braun. He is not a major voice and contributor to the segments. But if one is listening carefully he has a sly and wicked sense of humor that he slips in without much fanfare that has the sharpness of a stiletto . Sometimes Tony K has a tendency to go off on something that is trivial and Gary B would interject with a pithy comment that makes the neurotic Tony take pause and laugh at his own foolishness.

Tony K's segments with Ann Horniday on movies and his segments with Bob Ryan from Boston are very enjoyable. His longterm friendship with Bob is evident by their obvious rapport with one another. Bob Ryan is a reservoir of knowledge when discussing the NBA as it is now and in the past.

As you noted this show is not for everyone. For me it is a good change of pace from the foolish seriousness of the other many manic sports shows.

It wasn't until recently that I started to take a liking to Gary Braun. He is not a major voice and contributor to the segments. But if one is listening carefully he has a sly and wicked sense of humor that he slips in without much fanfare that has the sharpness of a stiletto . Sometimes Tony K has a tendency to go off on something that is trivial and Gary B would interject with a pithy comment that makes the neurotic Tony take pause and laugh at his own foolishness.

Tony K's segments with Ann Horniday on movies and his segments with Bob Ryan from Boston are very enjoyable. His longterm friendship with Bob is evident by their obvious rapport with one another. Bob Ryan is a reservoir of knowledge when discussing the NBA as it is now and in the past.

As you noted this show is not for everyone. For me it is a good change of pace from the foolish seriousness of the other many manic sports shows.

Great description of Gary! I'm pretty sure he was Tony's producer in '92 or so when Tony first got into radio. So, he's known him for a long time, and can crack on him like that.

He's got such a great roster of guests like you said - Ryan, Ann, Abby Lowell, all the different experts in their field or city, like Pat Forde for college sports, Jay Bilas, Howard Fineman/Chuck Todd, etc. for politics.........And, James Carville for football picks!