Texans already moving to Mallett as starter

YoloinOhio

@AaronWilson_NFL: Ryan Mallett has been told he's the starter sources confirm first reported by @RapSheet

Rogue?

@ProFootballTalk: On Hard Knocks, Bill O'Brien told Hoyer and Mallett that Hoyer wasn't on a short leash http://t.co/K5EQdmZbUs

B b b b b b b b but....Rex Ryan and the Bills were the only of 31 teams to not have a starter this preseason, and we have the worst QB in the NFL! I know I read that somewhere(s)

Good. Hoyer looked god awful.

Skins need to do the same with Kirk Cousins.

Someone's gonna wish they offered a better contract to Cassel. Or they're gonna be asking the Bills what EJ would cost them

Edited by Hopeful

@AaronWilson_NFL: Ryan Mallett has been told he's the starter sources confirm first reported by @RapSheet

Rogue?

@ProFootballTalk: On Hard Knocks, Bill O'Brien told Hoyer and Mallett that Hoyer wasn't on a short leash http://t.co/K5EQdmZbUs

Well, as long as he is committed to a plan ... Seriously, I watched a bit of Hard Knocks and every time I looked at or listened to O'Brien I thought of Doug Marrone. I got the chills and could not watch anymore. Does not say much for Houston' prospects.

Well, as long as he is committed to a plan ... Seriously, I watched a bit of Hard Knocks and every time I looked at or listened to O'Brien I thought of Doug Marrone. I got the chills and could not watch anymore. Does not say much for Houston' prospects.

I watched for like 10 minutes and he was quizzing guys on the names of the CFO and other execs. Why the hell do these guys need to know who the CFO is?

I was thinking the same thing while watching, this is some random crap that Marrone would probably love.

because he is Marrone's BFF!

O' Brien better be brushing up his resume for some college football interviews this spring.

If not, maybe he can be an assistant on Belichick's staff again.

The guy is a mess.

This is kind of a change of topic, but was Rex Ryan taking a bit of a shot at Bill O'Brien maybe in his presser?

On if he's ever looked at Belichick's quieter approach and thought 'He has four Super Bowl rings' No, I get it. But do you think if we muzzled it, I'd have four Super Bowl rings? If we would, I wouldn't say I word. That ain't going to help. I admire Belichick for the way he is and the way he controls that organization. It's clearly driven through him. That's his blueprint for success. That's who he is. For him to be somebody else, for him to come out and be like somebody else would be a mistake. Same thing for me. This is who I am. It's different or whatever, and I get it. I don't have the four Super Bowl rings but neither does anybody else. They can try. Hell, there's a bunch of his guys who have gone on and left and they try to (be like) him but they ain't him. So it doesn't work for them. So if you are yourself, you have a chance. If you're acting like somebody you're not, you have no chance in this business.

This is kind of a change of topic, but was Rex Ryan taking a bit of a shot at Bill O'Brien maybe in his presser?

On if he's ever looked at Belichick's quieter approach and thought 'He has four Super Bowl rings' No, I get it. But do you think if we muzzled it, I'd have four Super Bowl rings? If we would, I wouldn't say I word. That ain't going to help. I admire Belichick for the way he is and the way he controls that organization. It's clearly driven through him. That's his blueprint for success. That's who he is. For him to be somebody else, for him to come out and be like somebody else would be a mistake. Same thing for me. This is who I am. It's different or whatever, and I get it. I don't have the four Super Bowl rings but neither does anybody else. They can try. Hell, there's a bunch of his guys who have gone on and left and they try to (be like) him but they ain't him. So it doesn't work for them. So if you are yourself, you have a chance. If you're acting like somebody you're not, you have no chance in this business.

Rex is an incredibly intelligent coach and also a guy who is comfortable in his own skin.

I think this is a key to success in ANY profession. You cannot pretend to be what you are not, or people will see right through it and not respect you.

I also think that he makes a good point: nobody else has 4 rings either, so it's not like Rex's style is a reason he hasn't won more than the 1 he has an assistant with the Ravens.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Rogue?

You knew this was coming. I think he just wanted to give the vet his fair shot in regular season game action before he made the call to go with Mallett.

and mcdaniels, and Mangini, and Crennel...

You knew this was coming. I think he just wanted to give the vet his fair shot in regular season game action before he made the call to go with Mallett.

one game?

and mcdaniels, and Mangini, and Crennel...

one game?

Weis

Hoyer doesn't have the same abilities that Mallett possesses. Mallett has a cannon arm which better suits the WR they have like Hopkins. A guy who can stretch the field like that can also help open up the run game because you can't stack your Safeties in the box. Hoyer is what he is, a decent spot starter and backup.

Edited by H2o

I watched for like 10 minutes and he was quizzing guys on the names of the CFO and other execs. Why the hell do these guys need to know who the CFO is?

I was thinking the same thing while watching, this is some random crap that Marrone would probably love.

I actually think things like that are important. If a player shows up to camp and knows the ins and outs of the organization, it shows that he has interest in the greater good of the team, not just playing for a contract anywhere he happened to get drafted. Maybe the "CFO" is a little overboard but it's more of a way to set an example.

I actually think things like that are important. If a player shows up to camp and knows the ins and outs of the organization, it shows that he has interest in the greater good of the team, not just playing for a contract anywhere he happened to get drafted. Maybe the "CFO" is a little overboard but it's more of a way to set an example.

I guess. I'd be way more worried about whether the player shows up on time and whether he knows his assignments before I gave a crap if he know the company execs.

He also was quizzing them on who other players were. That's understandable, but some exec who he may never see, who cares.

And WE were hand wringing over our QBs?

If ANY of our QBs were not on our roster right now they would get scooped up so quick.

one of them wasnt on the roster just a week ago and didnt get scooped....

this is incredibly quick.

and after mallett no-showed practice the day after the decision, I thought he would have to work pretty hard for awhile to get back in the good graces.

B b b b b b b b but....Rex Ryan and the Bills were the only of 31 teams to not have a starter this preseason, and we have the worst QB in the NFL! I know I read that somewhere(s)

Someone's gonna wish they offered a better contract to Cassel. Or they're gonna be asking the Bills what EJ would cost them

No doubt. Cassel > Mallett.