The Texans are looking to add another QB.

Tipster19

I don't think you manage to trade Cassel. We got him early in the off-season &, as I understand it, basically got him for about the value of a box of athletic tape 9ie it was an exchange of draft picks). At his salary, now, I don't think he's worth even that. Though I'm not found of the idea, we probably could get a mid-round pick for Manuel.

Edited by eSJayDee

I don't think you manage to trade Cassel. We got him early in the off-season &, as I understand it, basically got him for about the value of a box of athletic tape 9ie it was an exchange of draft picks). At his salary, now, I don't think he's worth even that. Though I'm not found of the idea, we probably could get a mid-round pick for Manuel.

Cassell is the ideal backup QB and backups do have some value. I guess Cassell could be had for a 7th round pick if a team is really desperate for a backup QB.

I wouldn't mind if we shipped Cassell to them and recover a draft pick or get a player in return.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/04/texans-says-tom-savage-will-miss-significant-time-with-shoulder-injury/

Er, wait a minnut...they have two QB, and they're looking for a third

So we want to ship them a QB and leave us with two?

Uncertain :cry:

What good is a seventh?

If we were going to cut him for cost reasons then it'd certainly be better to get any compensation in return.

There are teams out there with worse backup situations than Houston which would make more sense of shopping Cassel.

But maybe not with the relationship between coaching staff and Cassel.