Reporter shot and Killed on Live TV in VA

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it has, it's horrible. I am not going to watch any of the videos of this one...absolutely senseless, no regard for life. I hope they catch this guy.

Was somewhat be facetious , but damn Western VA has seen its share of crazy chit like this.

white guy with beard. but is he also in uniform? like security or police? are those cuffs in his left hand?

Doesn't look like anything official to me. Might be just a madman who made his own "uniform."

Doesn't look like anything official to me. Might be just a madman who made his own "uniform."

at least from that still, he looks so matter of factedly doing it too.

but at that time of the morning, who is walking around an amusement park in a dark outfit, armed, and maybe even with cuffs?

Edited by JTSP

if the motive was to get one of the other women, that explains why he shot the cameraman first ... not wanting to get filmed

who was the other woman? if she ran the amusement park, maybe he's a disgruntled employee? Im guessing most likely she could be a possible target given a limited universe of people who knew filming was scheduled, unless it was someone from the station

random act of violence seems a little odd to me. if he was looking to do maximum harm why there at that time of the morning?

Edited by JTSP

Gunman is believed to be a disgruntled employee (or ex-employee) of the TV station.

Well, I hope he's feeling gruntled now. Mother!@#$er.

more likely current employee as he had knowledge of time and location of filming

Because that's top secret, eyes-only information.

Just shut up. You don't know ****, just like the rest of us.

Never been a fan of gun control but , something has got to be done. This is getting out of hand. Stop and frisk has to be done with all the gang shootings and all pistol permits need to be reviewed if you want to keep your gun. Every 2 or 3 years person needs to be reevaluated.

Like I said I hate to see it but if you have nothing to hide should not be a problem.

Imo

if it's a former employee, how did he know time and location of news interview?

MONETA, Va. (WSLS/CNN) – Police are searching a disgruntled former employee of WDBJ who they say shot and killed a reporter and photographer Wednesday morning at the Bridgewater Plaza near Smith Mountain Lake during a morning live shot.

According to Franklin County Sheriff Department’s Spokesperson Phillip Young, the shooting occurred at the Bedford County-Franklin County line in Moneta at 6:45 a.m. Wednesday.

Police say there were three victims.

Authorities say they know the identity of the man believed to be the shooter, a law enforcement official told CNN. The governor of Virginia confirmed to the media that the shooter is a disgruntled employee.

http://wishtv.com/2015/08/26/virginia-news-crew-shot-at-during-live-broadcast/

Edited by JTSP

Interesting to see the different sorts of human reaction to an overpowering situation like this that was totally unprepared for.

The older woman held her arms back and sort of turned into a ball, motionless, whereas the younger reporter female screamed and started running away from the shooter rather quickly.

Also interesting to see that the young female reporter seemed to grasp what was happening immediately, which is often not the case in these sorts of things.

if it's a former employee, how did he know time and location of news interview?

MONETA, Va. (WSLS/CNN) – Police are searching a disgruntled former employee of WDBJ who they say shot and killed a reporter and photographer Wednesday morning at the Bridgewater Plaza near Smith Mountain Lake during a morning live shot.

According to Franklin County Sheriff Department’s Spokesperson Phillip Young, the shooting occurred at the Bedford County-Franklin County line in Moneta at 6:45 a.m. Wednesday.

Police say there were three victims.

Authorities say they know the identity of the man believed to be the shooter, a law enforcement official told CNN. The governor of Virginia confirmed to the media that the shooter is a disgruntled employee.

http://wishtv.com/2015/08/26/virginia-news-crew-shot-at-during-live-broadcast/

He most likely staked out around the premise of the station and then followed the van to the location.

Interesting to see the different sorts of human reaction to an overpowering situation like this that was totally unprepared for.

The older woman held her arms back and sort of turned into a ball, motionless, whereas the younger reporter female screamed and started running away from the shooter rather quickly.

Also interesting to see that the young female reporter seemed to grasp what was happening immediately, which is often not the case in these sorts of things.

Didn't seem to me like she had any idea what was happening. Looked more like a complete panic and flight reflex.

Didn't seem to me like she had any idea what was happening. Looked more like a complete panic and flight reflex.

The reaction of the anchor back at the studio was crazy. The look on her face but the fact that she was able to continue on with the news was incredible.