MMQB: Rex Ryan has found the next Darrelle Revis*

YoloinOhio

Well this is kind of new (to me)

@Andy_Benoit: #Bills Notes: Ryans scheme designed to create incompletions, not turnovers.

He furthers the shade toward the DL...

@Andy_Benoit: #Bills Notes: Many of Mario Williams 14.5 sacks came vs. bad OTs (e.g. Miamis Dallas Thomas), TEs or were coverage sacks.

Is the "sophomore slump" a thing?

@Andy_Benoit: #Bills Notes: LB corps is OK, but issues will arise if Preston Brown hits sophomore slump. No sign he will, improved steadily as rookie.

Are we talking about the same team? Rex is hyperagressive in his schemes. And the D-line had 3 Pro Bowlers and 4 in the NFL top 100.

I've heard of the sophomore slump. Byrd had one like that after his really productive rookie year, but that was more the numbers game catching up. You rarely get 9 INT in a season, never mind get close to repeating it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Benoit says its "Bills preview Day" on MMQB.

@Andy_Benoit: #Bills Notes: McCoy and Harvin present huge possibilities for space-oriented misdirection. Imagine what a QB read-option element would add.

Liking this point a lot.... TT growing on me. Presents the best opportunity to make investment in McCoy/Harvin/Clay worthwhile. Could be a very exciting offense w/ Roman

Aren't there supposed to be "observations" from practice, and not simple regurgitating facts already known by anyone interested in the Bills?

Actually, most seem to believe that the secondary was the beneficiary of great d-line play. His observation is actually interesting. I'm not sure it's right, but it made me think.

Bizarrely enough, Andy Benoit had no idea that he was writing his tweets solely for the obsessives inhabiting TBD. What was he thinking?!?

Actually, most seem to believe that the secondary was the beneficiary of great d-line play. His observation is actually interesting. I'm not sure it's right, but it made me think.

weve played strong on both sides. the benefits flow both ways.

Bizarrely enough, Andy Benoit had no idea that he was writing his tweets solely for the obsessives inhabiting TBD. What was he thinking?!?

My question remains, did he decide that based on observations TODAY at camp? It doesn't sound like there are observations at all, just opinions he could have posted w/o being at Bills' camp. Now I haven't read through them all, so maybe he has a legit observation thrown in.

Also, who would be following a guy tweeting from Bills training camp, who other than rabid Bills fans? I know some others probably are, but I don't understand it at all.

My question remains, did he decide that based on observations TODAY at camp? It doesn't sound like there are observations at all, just opinions he could have posted w/o being at Bills' camp. Now I haven't read through them all, so maybe he has a legit observation thrown in.

Also, who would be following a guy tweeting from Bills training camp, who other than rabid Bills fans? I know some others probably are, but I don't understand it at all.

It sounded to me like he has no idea what is going on at camp and is sitting at home or in his office watching tape of games from last year.

It sounded to me like he has no idea what is going on at camp and is sitting at home or in his office watching tape of games from last year.

That's my point.

If tweets have any value at all for stuff like this, it is for quick reporting on stuff that is going on in real time, no? How is Twitter a good way to dole out an overview of the team, in 140 character bites?

Edited by The Dean

That's my point.

If tweets have any value at all for stuff like this, it is for quick reporting on stuff that is going on in real time, no? How is Twitter a good way to dole out an overview of the team, in 140 character bites?

I agree. Who is following Andy Benoit on Twitter that wants to read a team preview in that format? "Real" Bills fans are following others for up-to-date news and camp reports.

What, did they tell Andy there was no room on the MMQB website for an article?

So I followed and then unfollowed Andy Benoit on twitter today.

You and the rest of the board on twitter. That was deplorable. Benoit pretty much stated things that could have been stated before TC. He had zero real insight and offered nothing that anyone that hasn't read an article on the Bills since the draft might not have expected to hear.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/08/25/nfl-rex-ryan-stephon-gilmore-buffalo-bills

* For now, Revis remains in a class of his own. But our prediction for the 2015 season: Stephon Gilmore will prove to be one of the NFLs elite cornerbacks and the cornerstone of the Bills defense

By our friend Andy Ben-wahh Edited by YoloinOhio