Wawrow Article Indicates EJ Sees Wall's Writing

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really don't give two ***** if you clicked the link or not. i don't get paid for clicks. i get paid for keeping my reputation.

unfair to the players? good freaking christ, ej could have very well ended these questions by actually establishing himself as an actual starting quarterback, but the apologists won't ever accept that.

there's always some vague meddlesome excuse.

hey, i like EJ. i think he's a stand up guy.

but to suggest this is a "silly argument" belies the fact that you're actually the one who not only prompted it but continued it by hoping i'd provide you some glimmer of hope that EJ didn't exactly say what he exactly said; that i somehow "tricked" him into saying it.

good lord, i've provided you every opportunity of the doubt and yet you persist in perpetuating this myth that the questions the media is asking EJ is the thing that's holding him back.

i realize you're a true believer, and will always be somehow miffed that it was the media -- nay MY fault -- that EJ failed.

i'll accept that role of being that strawman if you agree to be the blind fool.

jw

Apologists?

That would be genius. After TT had the worst day of the 3 today. :rolleyes:

Not according to one sports guy on a local Rochester TV news anyway. He rates the QB's after every practice. Yesterdays results were Cassel first, Taylor a close second, and Manuel a distant third.

So we need yet another thread geared toward the (near literal) 1 or 2 people that were unrealistically, unabashedly certain of EJ's superiority?

My guess is that jw is viewed differently than the rest of the press horde, and his piece hit people hard. If Joe B wrote that piece, people would still be dismissive. But look at the bashing Vic C has taken for reporting negative things about EJ.

Rex:

In the first episode of Coffee with the Coach presented by Tim Hortons, Ryan explained that in keeping the best 53 players on their roster he sees more than just two QBs on the regular season squad.

No, were going to keep 53 really good players and I have a funny feeling that means three quarterbacks, said Ryan.

This thread among others is getting just plain silly.Some acting Like a bunch of den mothers seeking the meaning of life from the Avon salesman. seriously, the kid is not nor was a NFL QB round one prospect. Ask any serious FSU fan. You either have it or not. accuracy is a skill at the pro level you should have it. EJ Manuel does not. The occasional 50 yard throw to a future stock boy with no pass rush on one play changes nothing.

By No means is this directed at JW either. get over it, because it's another swing and miss by OBD. No different than every other one for the past twenty years. Why can't some people grasp that?

In Rex I trust.

Quite worthy of a repost. :worthy:

Assign blame for EJs shortcomings wherever you like, but Rex and company know a coach-killer when they see one.

all i know is that he's never used the words "somewhere else" before.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

You're the winner, John. You got E.J. to finally say the "somewhere else" line. The media's been competing all summer to get that admission and you pulled it off.

Congratulations! Your kewpie doll is right over here....

So we're gonna run off another media member from the site?

its a two way street - i imagine that wont run JW off, but at some level you have to expect some interaction that doesnt agree with your take even if you have credentials. JW has always been pretty reasonable with that.

its a two way street - i imagine that wont run JW off, but at some level you have to expect some interaction that doesnt agree with your take even if you have credentials. JW has always been pretty reasonable with that.

It's his job to ask tough questions, and sometimes leading questions, in order to figure out "the truth", I don't understand why people get pissy about it. Instead they should just look at it objectively, and go from there *shrugs*

So we're gonna run off another media member from the site?

I'm not interested in running John or anyone else off. Participation in any public forum is going to result in a certain amount of contentiousness. People shouldn't take things personally or make them personal. The impersonal nature of this form of communication makes it easier to be contentious than face to face communication.

That being said I'm still confused as to how this QB scenario is playing out. I was hoping that John could shed some light, instead his response was no more enlightened that that of any other poster.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

You're the winner, John. You got E.J. to finally say the "somewhere else" line. The media's been competing all summer to get that admission and you pulled it off.

Congratulations! Your kewpie doll is right over here....

It's the media's job to ask questions. This was an innocent question IMO given the way the QB battle has played out. EJ is a millionaire athlete, let's stop holding his hand and criticizing others for doing their job. Non story, here.

Thank you Yolo!! We can now lock this thread. They will keep 3 QBs and if anybody think Simms is the 3rd active QB then you are a "hater"

Sure. i just don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he will be cut. I don't doubt that they are trying to see what they could get in a trade, but cutting him to use the roster spot isn't a given based on those comments from yesterday. Edited by YoloinOhio

It's the media's job to ask questions. This was an innocent question IMO given the way the QB battle has played out. EJ is a millionaire athlete, let's stop holding his hand and criticizing others for doing their job. Non story, here.

ding ding ding.

EJ is 3rd on depth chart because that is exactly where he belongs.

i don't think he gets cut because his contract is fully guaranteed and he is a nice #3.