First world problems

Cugalabanza

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I grill a ribeye steak that is a bit too large for me, I keep the left over beef pieces on the side of my plate until I'm done. Then when I ask my dogs to sit and be gentle, I give them 10 or so pieces of choice beef...in their eagerness, they sometimes nip my finger as I drop the pieces of grilled beef into their mouths. That really hurts.

My "filter" indicator on my central HVAC system was flashing this morning. I was debating if I should clean it. I didn't want to have to shut off the A/C... It's hot out there and I am not sure I could handle the house temp going up 2 degrees while I swapped out the filter for a clean one.

What should I do? Wait till fall?

My "filter" indicator on my central HVAC system was flashing this morning. I was debating if I should clean it. I didn't want to have to shut off the A/C... It's hot out there and I am not sure I could handle the house temp going up 2 degrees while I swapped out the filter for a clean one.

What should I do? Wait till fall?

Do it while it's running, it's not going to ruin it.

Do it while it's running, it's not going to ruin it.

I can't. When you pull the lower panel off to the air handler, it has a pin switch that kills the power. I have always wanted to build a e-z change filter slot into the lower part of the return plenom. I probably should have made it when I did the cut for for the inspection/clean-out plate for the a-coil. That's a project for between heating and cooling seasons.

I can't. When you pull the lower panel off to the air handler, it has a pin switch that kills the power. I have always wanted to build a e-z change filter slot into the lower part of the return plenom. I probably should have made it when I did the cut for for the inspection/clean-out plate for the a-coil. That's a project for between heating and cooling seasons.

There's little kids in Kenya who could fix your AC unit for $3.74

I can't figure out if this one is first world or not. It kind of feels like a combination of first and third. One of the elevators here at work smells like urine today.

So a tiny room, that you stand in, for what, two minutes tops, to avioid having to take the stairs, doesn't smell up to snuff? Yeah, that's first world.

The thumb drive I use in my car stereo's auxiliary audio input has like 3,000 songs on it, so I typically have to wait almost a full minute before I can start browsing through the selections. And I'm not gonna wait that long, so I always end up fiddling with it while I'm driving. So, as a result, my risk of dying in a car crash is elevated. At least, it would be if my car didn't also have all these safety features & air bags and everything.

Edited by Cugalabanza

Can't you tape it pushed in?

Can't you tape it pushed in?

Sure. I guess you solved my first world problem. You do have to reach your hands under the "squirrel cage" (he, he, pun intended) in order to get the filter to sit properly over the opening. I'd have more than a first world problem with a few missing fingers. :D

Edited by ExiledInIllinois