First world problems

Cugalabanza

I have a 55" TV at my house. Connected to it, is a box, that gets signals sent to it through a system of satelites in outer space of thousands of different channels to watch. This box, can record up 1000 hours of programming, before any sort of external hard drive is connected to it. I can pre program it so that I can watch any show, on any of these thousands of channels that I have, whenever I want. Sometimes, I have to watch these channels live, and can't fast forward through commercials.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in the pet peeve thread, but I hate the phrase "first world problems."

We live in the first world; why would we have third world problems?

The term first world problems is typically used to rag on people for bitching about something trivial

I think I have one that fits here, and into Gug's sock thread.

I am prone to the gout (a very First World condition). My triggers tend to be beef, shellfish (usually shrimp, crab and calamari) and to some degree the cured meats (think capicola or prosciutto). I have it under very good control, for the most part. But it can flare if I have too much of these foods in a short span of time (say two-three days in a row).

Well, it typically affects my big toes and balls of my foot. So, as a preventative measure, I put Salonpas patches (or the less expensive generic patches) on each toe at night. (If I feel it coming on in other areas, I also put patches there---ankle or knee, usually). Then I cover my feet with white crew socks. Well, I've tried several different brands of socks (I have my standards---all/mostly cotton, not too thick, no tube socks, not too thin, can't roll...). Yet these socks get a hole in the heel after about 5-6 wearings. My regular socks wear forever. But not the white ones. Might be because I sometimes to out on my concrete floored patio to drink and smoke cigars, and forget to throw on slippers or shoes, but still. I want white socks that I can wear where ever I want, and won't blow the heal...keeping in mind they must be all/mostly cotton, not too thick, no tube socks, not too thin, can't roll... Is that too much to ask?

Edited by The Dean

So what If you are a poor starving kid in Ethiopia and you got one of these phony Bills shirts?

I would think that would be the rare occurrence of a first world problem in a third world country.

I may get the runs while buying a Bills Superbowl Champions tshirt in Ethiopia so now it's a first world problem in a third world country.