First world problems

Cugalabanza

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always avoid single ply.

I have to disagree with this. Thick one-ply TP, to me, is superior. This, I should say, from a guy who worked one entire summer making toilet paper (and tissues). :lol: My job, mostly, was to pull the broke (the paper coming out of the machine and onto winders, that breaks off the winder) from under the high-heat dryer. My buddy had it worse, as he had to pull the broke from thick coated paper---a truly sucky job.

Quick fact: To make tissue paper, this same paper (mostly) was slit by blades as it turned on the winder. Another of my jobs was to splash oil onto the blades. Of course, the oil would quickly get absorbed into the paper as it splashed all over. I really hope quality manufactures did/do it differently. We made crappy ( :rolleyes: ) institutional TP and tissues, for the most part.

I'm just not that bourgeoisie

:lol: Wine is a second world staple!

How about kicking it old school and drink some milk!!!!

Old school, as in when you were five?

I have to disagree with this. Thick one-ply TP, to me, is superior. This, I should say, from a guy who worked one entire summer making toilet paper (and tissues). :lol: My job, mostly, was to pull the broke (the paper coming out of the machine and onto winders, that breaks off the winder) from under the high-heat dryer. My buddy had it worse, as he had to pull the broke from thick coated paper---a truly sucky job.

Quick fact: To make tissue paper, this same paper (mostly) was slit by blades as it turned on the winder. Another of my jobs was to splash oil onto the blades. Of course, the oil would quickly get absorbed into the paper as it splashed all over. I really hope quality manufactures did/do it differently. We made crappy ( :rolleyes: ) institutional TP and tissues, for the most part.

:lol: Wine is a second world staple!

Old school, as in when you were five?

Yes- back when mom made me drink milk and eat all my dinner... Old school....

Yes- back when mom made me drink milk and eat all my dinner... Old school....

A better response from me would have been, "Elementary School?" I blew it!

My brother-in-law drinks milk with everything. It turns my stomach to watch him drink milk with pasta in a red sauce.

The b**** waitress that never asks if I want a refill on my water. WTF...I'm dying of thirst over here!

Shiv the MOFO.

What about the waiter person who waits until you have a mouthful to ask you if you need anything?

Edit...sorry, for a moment there I thought this was the peeve thread.

My fridge isn't big enough to accommodate all the food platters after a party. I have to combine them.

I don't like it when different food touch each other on the same plate.

ie: stuffed mushrooms/deviled eggs/bacon wrapped asparagus in the same platter...

I used to think bacon makes anything awesome until i saw the words bacon wrapped asparagus. Does the bacon make the asparagus not gut wrenching or does the asparagus drag the bacon down to it's level?

Shiv the MOFO.

What about the waiter person who waits until you have a mouthful to ask you if you need anything?

Edit...sorry, for a moment there I thought this was the peeve thread.

Yeah. I wasn't sure which thread was more appropriate.

I used to think bacon makes anything awesome until i saw the words bacon wrapped asparagus. Does the bacon make the asparagus not gut wrenching or does the asparagus drag the bacon down to it's level?

It tastes like bacon. The asparagus is basically a bacon holding device. It could be bacon wrapped cardboard and no one would know the difference.

Of course, it depends on how much bacon you use...

I had prosciutto wrapped asparagus, and it was good---the first time. The second time it was way too salty.

But that brings up another problem--some people have the nerve to use bacon when the dish clearly calls for pancetta. Barbarians!

I pooped my pants at work last Friday.

Sounds like a third world problem to me.

My wife and I got into a heated debate about "Cecil the Lion." I am like: 'Hey Scoop! Where have you been for weeks?" It was 90 degrees out and the central air was blowing a cool, breezy 73... 69 in the shade away from the thermostat though. She was laying on the couch reading a book, w/a blanket on.

What do you think most people in Zimbabwe are doing?

Good thing she staked claim to the couch... Bad move! :D

Edited by ExiledInIllinois