Ok, I give up -- EJ will be 3rd string or cut

eball

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the question is, why wouldn't a Bills fan be "pro EJ?"

He's young, he's a good kid, hard worker, has great physical tools and a ceiling that's pretty high. Sure, he hasn't put it all together yet (and my never) but he sounds like a player all Bills fans should be behind. He's the last player that should cause a division between fans.

no one is divided on the type of person he is. The division is strictly on his ability. EverystinkinBills fan wanted/wants EJ to be successful, but, there comes a time when you decide it's time to move on. That's the divide, the hangers on vs the movin on.

I guess the question is, why wouldn't a Bills fan be "pro EJ?"

He's young, he's a good kid, hard worker, has great physical tools and a ceiling that's pretty high. Sure, he hasn't put it all together yet (and my never) but he sounds like a player all Bills fans should be behind. He's the last player that should cause a division between fans.

if he shows improvement + signs of being the answer, I think the vast majority of Bills fans would support him no doubt. But it doesn't matter how likeable and a nice guy he is if he keeps sh$#ing the bed on the field. Very, very few people in the fanbase have any use or time for that, especially considering the playoff drought. Actually, I think it's a smart move not starting him the 1st home pre-season game. This may be a different coaching staff, but last season's debacle against Tampa Bay where he was soundly booed off the field was embarrassing & I don't think too easily forgotten by the front office... you don't want to repeat that if he's not quite ready. Run him with the 3's and if he looks good, give him more work on the road with either the 2's or 1's next week.

if he shows improvement + signs of being the answer, I think the vast majority of Bills fans would support him no doubt. But it doesn't matter how likeable and a nice guy he is if he keeps sh$#ing the bed on the field. Very, very few people in the fanbase have any use or time for that, especially considering the playoff drought. Actually, I think it's a smart move not starting him the 1st home pre-season game. This may be a different coaching staff, but last season's debacle against Tampa Bay where he was soundly booed off the field was embarrassing & I don't think too easily forgotten by the front office... you don't want to repeat that if he's not quite ready. Run him with the 3's and if he looks good, give him more work on the road with either the 2's or 1's next week.

They played Tampa two years ago in Tampa. Whether he was booed of the field or not isn't my call since I wasn't in Tampa but get your facts right.

Ah yes, the old Blaine Gabbert flip. I think so.

It's pathetic I know but that's his worth at best imo. Boy did we screw this up. They spend a 1st and maybe get back a 6th or 7th much like the Jags but that was even a bigger negative for them.

It's pathetic I know but that's his worth at best imo. Boy did we screw this up. They spend a 1st and maybe get back a 6th or 7th much like the Jags but that was even a bigger negative for them.

Yeah, it's not like 5 out of 6 1st round QBs don't pan out. What a massive screw up!