Does the legend of "Big shadow" Leslie Mike Jasper live on?

BB- I was thinking the same thing if he has the personality. Tampa is the wrestling haven where they have multiple schools to teach these guys how not to break their neck on these flips, etc, they work on their schtick, etc.

They are always looking for mountains like Jasper. It was too bad his footwork was so bad as he was a freak in terms of size, jumping ability, etc. I was a little surprised they didn;t keep him on the practice squad as a project for three years, and eventually work him into a back up role.

I don't think there was ever a marginal prospect that got more hype and more good will from the fans here. People really wanted him to succeed and be the next Ted Washington. Of course there is a reason a player goes in the 7th round and it showed in how he was never able to play with good technique and the NFL doesn't have a D-league where one can work on their craft so ones time to improve is always limited.

Still I hope Jasper finds a niche in life. He has been bouncing around the NFL but didn't have a team last year and isn't in a camp this year. Also being almost 29 means his window to be in the NFL isn't wide open. I think he could honestly go to WWE and make a good living as a pro-wrestler. He is huge, carries his weight well, is very physically imposing, and is very athletic. Tons of former football players have had success in that after their NFL careers were over. At 29 he could get into wrestling and do it for a fairly long time. Bill Goldberg comes to mind as an example.

Edited by billsfan89

BB- I was thinking the same thing if he has the personality. Tampa is the wrestling haven where they have multiple schools to teach these guys how not to break their neck on these flips, etc, they work on their schtick, etc.

They are always looking for mountains like Jasper. It was too bad his footwork was so bad as he was a freak in terms of size, jumping ability, etc. I was a little surprised they didn;t keep him on the practice squad as a project for three years, and eventually work him into a back up role.

Just got back from FL last week and just as I thought I was certain Florida couldn't possible be a bigger dumpster fire, I hear that Tampa has wrestling schools. Awesome.