Jonathan Martin retires

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah knew this would be the case. he couldn't cut it. incognito would end up on another team and martin would be done in the nfl. just a little too convenient that he's all of the sudden "hurt" he was going to be cut and no team would've wanted him. though his book will probably stir this whole mess up again. no mental toughness and he's going to get money for crying. absolutely hate the whole thing.

Sign him. We need OT help. We could start him at LT and move Glenn to RG.

Because nothing spells OL success like paying two OLmen with bad backs on IR

(yes, I know you're being sarcastic, I also couldn't resist)

yeah knew this would be the case. he couldn't cut it. incognito would end up on another team and martin would be done in the nfl. just a little too convenient that he's all of the sudden "hurt" he was going to be cut and no team would've wanted him. though his book will probably stir this whole mess up again. no mental toughness and he's going to get money for crying. absolutely hate the whole thing.

Wow, you sound like the living spit of the reason Kyle Turley cussed out Mike Martz. Pads haven't gone on yet, we don't know who's cut from any roster. Back issues are unfortunately common for football linemen.

You're entitled to think Martin is not a good tackle - I think so myself - but I think any player deserves the benefit of the doubt that if he says he's hurt and needs surgery, he's hurt.

Some fans hate it but football is a job for some of this guess. They might not love their job but it pays the bills. Dude made millions of dollars playing a sport and has a Stanford education. He is winning.

Assuming he was smart with his money.