Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

Even if it turns out that Kromer was just a complete dick, kids were average sized teenagers whose only crime was sitting in an occupied chair, and Kroner just decked him because it seemed like fun (in which case I might support giving him some jail time), why would you fire him?

Does this reflect that substantially on his coaching ability? I get the PR aspect, but is anyone honestly going to boycott the Bills because they have a position coach who's an !@#$?

Unless they think replacing him = more wins I think it would be !@#$ing stupid to do so.

I feel very sorry for you. You've obviously never developed a close bond with a chair.

Someday ... perhaps ... you'll understand.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are plenty of 16 and 17 year old punks running around today with no respect for anyone or anything that could use someone to knock some sense into them since their parents obviously failed to instill any values in them. I'd bet these 3 kids fall into that group, and if that's the case, I say it's too bad he didn't do it to all 3 of them

We don't know that, either. Let's not condemn anyone without knowing what happened.

Even if it turns out that Kromer was just a complete dick, kids were average sized teenagers whose only crime was sitting in an occupied chair, and Kroner just decked him because it seemed like fun (in which case I might support giving him some jail time), why would you fire him?

Does this reflect that substantially on his coaching ability? I get the PR aspect, but is anyone honestly going to boycott the Bills because they have a position coach who's an !@#$?

Unless they think replacing him = more wins I think it would be !@#$ing stupid to do so.

If I did that and I was charged by Police and spent time in jail I would lose my job. Most people who are convicted of a criminal offence and imprisoned lose their jobs. It is where actually you have to take a decision about the kind of person you want working for you. I would think if the above scenario that you set out is the truth of it he will get fired and I don't personally believe the Bills would have much choice in doing so, it brings the organisation into disrepute.

However, before I get accused of my "sanctimonious shtick" and whilst I repeat what I said in the other thread about not condoning hitting other people (I'd only ever defend it in an extreme last resort of self-defence) I don't actually think that it will turn out like that and if what seems to have happened based on what we know (some kind of confrontation and a bit of a stupid overreaction by Kromer) turns out to be the truth of the matter then the Bills firing him would be an equally stupid overreaction. He will no doubt face some discipline from the league the Bills should accept that disciplinary action and at the same time support him to return to his job after that penalty / suspension has been served.

That just seems stupid by the Bills, or anyone else at this time. Either don't pay him or make him work. This way the team did nothing wrong but loses both ways. You have to pay him and you don't get anything for it. Plus, for the next two weeks he isn't doing much of anything (that's probably the PR point, I know).

Just seems ridiculous. Let it play out.

Paid administrative leave.

Curious to know what this means, good or bad.

It means that they don't want to fire him but were forced to make a move. Really nothing changed. If charges are dropped he probably keeps his job and the NFL suspends him a couple games. If formally charged he is done.

That just seems stupid by the Bills, or anyone else at this time. Either don't pay him or make him work. This way the team did nothing wrong but loses both ways. You have to pay him and you don't get anything for it. Plus, for the next two weeks he isn't doing much of anything (that's probably the PR point, I know).

the only way it could be good is if the league looks on it as part of a total punishment. id rather he sit at home now than for an extra week or two mid season, but we will see what happens.

It means that they don't want to fire him but were forced to make a move. Really nothing changed. If charges are dropped he probably keeps his job and the NFL suspends him a couple games. If formally charged he is done.

Makes sense. The vultures are already circling that this is just a paid vacation for him and they should just fire him. In reality, I think it is like you say, just something they had to do in the meantime while it gets sorted out.

Just got a Bills alert he has been placed on indefinite paid administrative leave per Russ

Wow. Look at Russ laying down the law. Although by most accounts it seems that Kromer really messed up, and this isn't exactly the first time hes committed an error in judgment, I still cannot help but feel a little like he might kill someone's whole family before this thing is done.

the only way it could be good is if the league looks on it as part of a total punishment. id rather he sit at home now than for an extra week or two mid season, but we will see what happens.

I think not doing anything right now, when you have allegations of punching and injuring a minor, is just horrible PR. The administrative leave option isn't punitive (he's being paid), and in conjunction with it the Bills make a public statement that they are learning all of the facts before they make a decision.

To the outside world looking in the Bills just said, "if this guy is a nut then we don't want him around, but we don't have the evidence yet to can him." That should quell the witch hunt for a while.