Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also from the article:

A rep for the Walton County Sheriff's Office says the State Attorney is also considering charging Aaron with child abuse.

if it gets to that point then he's fired. there's no way the Bills want an alleged child abuser on the staff

also from the article:

A rep for the Walton County Sheriff's Office says the State Attorney is also considering charging Aaron with child abuse.

Sheesh. All over some stupid chairs. Alcohol had to be a factor.

the Vikings don't seem to mind. They will hire him.

well that's the best player on a team and one of the best RB's in history vs an offensive line coach that you have no ties to. it will be easy to cut the cord and walk away if this becomes a bigger issue

Training camp starts in what, 2 weeks? Unload him NOW before he becomes a mid-season distraction. It's one thing for two coaches to fight and have one put the other's head through the locker room wall...but going "high school macho" on a bunch of kids, in front of YOUR kid (who from the story was probably embarrassed and ashamed of his dad) is outside of enough.

I vote he goes. As Sam Wyche once said 'YOU'RE NOT IN CLEVELAND!"

Training camp starts in what, 2 weeks? Unload him NOW before he becomes a mid-season distraction. It's one thing for two coaches to fight and have one put the other's head through the locker room wall...but going "high school macho" on a bunch of kids, in front of YOUR kid (who from the story was probably embarrassed and ashamed of his dad) is outside of enough.

I vote he goes. As Sam Wyche once said 'YOU'RE NOT IN CLEVELAND!"

His son just got charged and might be facing further charges of child abuse. I have to wonder to what extent Zach is a bad influence on dad. I think we all have to wonder to what degree these alleged "kids" had it coming, too?

His son just got charged and might be facing further charges of child abuse. I have to wonder to what extent Zach is a bad influence on dad. I think we all have to wonder to what degree these alleged "kids" had it coming, too?

I also wonder how well connected mommy and daddy are for these possible new charges to just come up after the initial arrest and kids reports that it was only Aaron that attacked them.

Wtg kromer you jackass. You get a 2nd chance after the fallout in Chicago, and this is what you make of it.

Putting this in the same realm of Chicago is a joke in my opinion. This is his first offense with the NFL and police. He bad mouth a player(who deserved it) in Chicago.

If I did that and I was charged by Police and spent time in jail I would lose my job. Most people who are convicted of a criminal offence and imprisoned lose their jobs. It is where actually you have to take a decision about the kind of person you want working for you. I would think if the above scenario that you set out is the truth of it he will get fired and I don't personally believe the Bills would have much choice in doing so, it brings the organisation into disrepute.

However, before I get accused of my "sanctimonious shtick" and whilst I repeat what I said in the other thread about not condoning hitting other people (I'd only ever defend it in an extreme last resort of self-defence) I don't actually think that it will turn out like that and if what seems to have happened based on what we know (some kind of confrontation and a bit of a stupid overreaction by Kromer) turns out to be the truth of the matter then the Bills firing him would be an equally stupid overreaction. He will no doubt face some discipline from the league the Bills should accept that disciplinary action and at the same time support him to return to his job after that penalty / suspension has been served.

Huh, I think we're pretty close to agreeing on this. I don't agree that a misdemeanor costs most people their jobs, and I think you are sanctimonious, but otherwise...

I go back to my original stance: if someone's on your property without permission, it's trespassing. Call the cops. If someone takes your lawn chairs without your permission, it's theft. Call the cops. If someone is up making noise after local "quiet hours" (usually 11 or 12 pm), it's public disturbance. Call the cops.

Bad judgement. We've had too much of that. Lose him NOW.

No, we don't. If the kids were causing trouble, he should have called the cops and let them deal with it.

@mikerodak: Walton County sheriffs office also tells me that witness in case told 911 Aaron Kromer had been drinking that night. Police cannot confirm.

@mikerodak: Charge against Zachary Kromer is for putting his hands on another victim in the case. Not the same victim that Aaron Kromer allegedly hit.

@MikeGarafolo: Zachary Kromer allegedly put his hands around the throat of one of the friends of the boy who claimed to be assaulted by Aaron Kromer.

I go back to my original stance: if someone's on your property without permission, it's trespassing. Call the cops. If someone takes your lawn chairs without your permission, it's theft. Call the cops. If someone is up making noise after local "quiet hours" (usually 11 or 12 pm), it's public disturbance. Call the cops.

Bad judgement. We've had too much of that. Lose him NOW.

No, we don't. If the kids were causing trouble, he should have called the cops and let them deal with it.

Sure, its easy to say in hindsight that Kromer should have just sat back and called the cops. But in the heat of the moment, the metaphorical fog of conflict, when the beach chairs really start flying, in THAT situation, I can understand how a man might just kill a whole a family.

Edited by Jauronimo

until someone posts a video then this is just a dad and son that went looking for their beach chairs, found them and tried to retrieve them, were assaulted by the 3 teens that had stolen them (3 vs 2), and had to fend them off. there's no way these charges would stick.

but this is probably how it really went:

kromer after about 5 beers: "hey you f*$%$#$ punks those are private beach property chairs!"

kids "f off"

kromer grabs the chair and pushes the kid to the ground. kid cries and says i'm going to tell my dad and kromer says f your dad ill murder your whole family. it probably lasted all of 10 seconds.

it's unfortunate. I think kromer would have turned this OL around. now we will be scrambling for a new coach the week before camp. just our luck

Huh, I think we're pretty close to agreeing on this. I don't agree that a misdemeanor costs most people their jobs, and I think you are sanctimonious, but otherwise...

To be clear I didn't say a misdemeanor costs people jobs (does in some professions, indeed would in mine, but generally you are correct...). I was responding directly to your hypothetical scenario where Kromer could serve prison time. If you serve prison time you generally do not come out and walk back into your job. That is certainly the case in the vast majority of professions in the UK and I am all but certain the same would apply across the pond.