Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

This will all blow over the moment Kromer explains to the police that while, yes, he is legally an adult and yes, the victim was a youth, Kromer actually identifies as a youth and is in the process of transitioning to a teenager, and therefore he can not be charged as an adult because of his "transyouth" status.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely info missing as all that is there is the kids account of what happened. Sure is odd though that the son tried to help them find the fishing poles after his dad left.

Well that's according to the kids. To me that reads as they didn't want Zach getting in trouble.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago

If Aaron Kromer punched a minor in the eye over beach chairs, forget NFL discipline (he should be banned), I hope he does jail time

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 7s8 seconds ago

Juvenile victim in the Kromer case had visual signs of injuries to the left eye (swelling and bruising), per Walton Co Sheriff's Office

Definitely info missing as all that is there is the kids account of what happened. Sure is odd though that the son tried to help them find the fishing poles after his dad left.

Sometimes non confrontational people try to smooth things over after they know something just went wrong. They could have been calling the police or something and to try to make things better, he tried to help them find their stuff.

Kromer shouldn't have punched the kid, but come on. Does anyone really think these kids were just minding their own business and Kromer came out on a tear going "WTF are you doing sitting in my chairs you punks?" and the kids were like "we are sorry Mr. Kromer, we didn't know these were your chairs, honestly!"

More like Kromer has had issues with these kids in the past and their stubbornness in being told what to do, and lack of respect led Kromer to fly off the handle. Not exactly justification, but I picture the school teachers who fly off the handle and get fired because the kids in class are so blatently disrespectful and disruptive and they just can't take it anymore. Maybe I am just bias against kids, but they don't start off with a lot of credibility in my book.

This will all blow over the moment Kromer explains to the police that while, yes, he is legally an adult and yes, the victim was a youth, Kromer actually identifies as a youth and is in the process of transitioning to a teenager, and therefore he can not be charged as an adult because of his "transyouth" status.

:lol: And who is anyone to tell him otherwise!
Edited by What a Tuel

It would be useful to see the arrest record with a little less redaction, but the injury to the kid's eye will likely cost Kromer his job in Buffalo or any future job in any capacity in the NFL.

I don't get why it should or would cause him to lose his job.

Edit: wait I do get it. But I don't think it is exactly fitting.

At least in the context we know so far....

Edited by jboyst62

And for this reason we should all stop calling him Mr. Kromer and recognize his name going forward, Master Kromer.

Ok, I'm just going to say this: If it wasn't our team, we'd be fully supportive of firing Kromer or suspending him premptively.

Because he's not, I want to see how this plays out. He certainly should have some kind of punishment and nowhere does he deny that he hit a minor. It seems like he caught a couple of kids messing with his stuff and lost him temper. The law is specific about that. If the price the league has to pay for punishing the Greg Hardy and Ray Rice offenders properly is that a position coach of ours gets swept up I'll deal with it.

But I really, really doubt that anything goes far criminally. You are often allowed to use non-lethal force to stop people from taking your property. Realistically, a first offender on a misdemeanor who takes a plea would pay a fine and get probation/community service. The "I'll kill your family if you talk" does sound like an embellishment a pissed off couple of teenagers would tack on to be taken seriously.

Where was the beach chairs before the kids took them? Were they locked up ? Were they on Kromers property? Was their a past history of stuff coming up missing? How old and how big we're these kids? I have no problem with a coach smacking around a 17-18 year old theif . If he had left the stuff out and the kids were just sitting in them it kinda changes things but people need to respect personal property.

Sometimes non confrontational people try to smooth things over after they know something just went wrong. They could have been calling the police or something and to try to make things better, he tried to help them find their stuff.

Kromer shouldn't have punched the kid, but come on. Does anyone really think these kids were just minding their own business and Kromer came out on a tear going "WTF are you doing sitting in my chairs you punks?" and the kids were like "we are sorry Mr. Kromer, we didn't know these were your chairs, honestly!"

More like Kromer has had issues with these kids in the past and their stubbornness in being told what to do, and lack of respect led Kromer to fly off the handle. Not exactly justification, but I picture the school teachers who fly off the handle and get fired because the kids in class are so blatently disrespectful and disruptive and they just can't take it anymore. Maybe I am just bias against kids, but they don't start off with a lot of credibility in my book.

:lol: And who is anyone to tell him otherwise!

You may be right. But I really want to hear the other side of the story.

Too often initial media reports are either slanted or just plain wrong. I'm waiting for the whole story.

Needless to say, the fact Kromer was arrested isn't a good sign. But we'll see.

Rhetorical: If a group of 16 year olds takes a swing/threatens a 50 year old, is the 50 year old allowed to retaliate, morally?

Morality is often irrelevant in court. The system protects the party on the ass end of the ass kicking.