Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

You may "strongly believe" this, but most reasonable people will wait until it is investigated and all the facts are known. No one is syaing he's innocent, just that it's too soon to say what should come next - other than obtaining facts. No reason to rush to a lynching. He will get what he deserves in the end, but not before then.

Okay--this is it for me on this thread.

I don't care about the final resolution of the facts. The guy put himself in a situation where the end result has already reflected badly on his employer. He has likely violated his employment agreement which has "behavior unbecoming" as a standard not "conviction". Seven months ago this employee embarassed another employer in the same association by trying to cover up and lying about inappropriate comments about one of the organization's employees to the media. Said employee would be now terminated if he worked for a company I ran.

Don't confuse the legal standard with the employment standard and don't give this idiot the benefit of the doubt.

This is the fricking first headline on ESPN.com right now: Bills assistant arrested for allegedly punching boy

I don't want to be the Cowboys, Patriots, Vikings..behavior unbecoming...

Edited by JoeF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes a pattern....http://www.dailynews724.com/sports/aaron-kromer-makes-emotional-apology-to-offense-for-remarks-on-jay-cutler-h335057.html

He got caught in a lie..and then was publicly embarassed 7 months ago...

And in Rice's case the initial response ended up being too soft...the league and the Bills won't and shouldn't make that mistake again.

He denied part of the comments and owned up to part. You are aware that there could be two people talking and the buyers remorse could've been from a front office source?

Yes a pattern....http://www.dailynews724.com/sports/aaron-kromer-makes-emotional-apology-to-offense-for-remarks-on-jay-cutler-h335057.html

He got caught in a lie..and then was publicly embarassed 7 months ago...

That's not a pattern, at least not of violence. And again it was likely told to Rapoport in confidence and obviously he was going to deny it, even though he said it and it's true.

I don't care about the final resolution of the facts. The guy put himself in a situation where the end result has already reflected badly on his employer. He has likely violated his employment agreement which has "behavior unbecoming" as a standard not "conviction". Seven months ago this employee embarassed another employer in the same association by trying to cover up and lying about inappropriate comments about one of the organization's employees to the media. Said employee would be now terminated if he worked for a company I ran.

Don't confuse the legal standard with the employment standard and don't give this idiot the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not arguing it puts the employer in a bad light. It does not look good. But it's just too soon to say. Fire someone in a situation like this and you could find yourself on the wrong end of a lawsuit. The legal standard and the employement standard are closely related. You do know there are attorneys who do nothing but labor law? Reasonable people get the facts before they act upon them. In the end, you may very well be right. It's just too soon.

This is the fricking first headline on ESPN.com right now: Bills assistant arrested for allegedly punching boy

I don't want to be the Cowboys, Patriots, Vikings..behavior unbecoming...

What if the three kids were ganging up on his son?

I think most of us saying be patient generally agree he probably did something dumb.... Just that he probably didn't go attack a group of teenagers randomly out of the blue and it's worth seeing where this story leads before calling for heads.

If your post genuinely describes what you took away from the conversation here, I'm not sure what to tell you

Everybody wants to be "patient" when it's one of their own, yet want them burnt at the stake when it's somebody else.

Hypocrisy everywhere in this thread, especially with all the schadenfreude at other teams and players throughout this forum.

One last post...this is what I love about TSW and TBD...honest, heated debate without the snide personal attacks.

Bottom line -- I hate that the Bills are being trashed today and a small part of me feels bad for Aaron Kromer.

Double bottom line--I have lots of love for this forum and the posters! Go Bills! With or without Aaron Kromer -- I think this is going to be a very special year.

One last post...this is what I love about TSW and TBD...honest, heated debate without the snide personal attacks.

Bottom line -- I hate that the Bills are being trashed today and a small part of me feels bad for Aaron Kromer.

Double bottom line--I have lots of love for this forum and the posters! Go Bills! With or without Aaron Kromer -- I think this is going to be a very special year.

GO BILLS!

This is like your third "last post." You sure this time?

I strongly believe that this would have been part of the interview process before Kromer's arrest. But you raise a good point. I already stated that if there was immediate threat to family or Kromer himself--like one of the kids threatening them with a fishing knife that paints the situation in a different light.

However, if this was true why have there not been counter complaints and charges? It seems like Kromer would be extremely motivated to get that story out in the 20 or so hours that have passed. When there was nothing counter by about 4 PM today -- I made my conclusion...too soon for some I guess.

This is like your third "last post." You sure this time?

I could never count past 0......people just keep bringing up provocative stuff. Sorry....I plead guilty to being over officious...

Everybody wants to be "patient" when it's one of their own, yet want them burnt at the stake when it's somebody else.

Hypocrisy everywhere in this thread, especially with all the schadenfreude at other teams and players throughout this forum.

I dont care for generalizations honestly. Every one? are you sure we are not defending the constitution or perhaps legal right to due process?

Because i think that we only have the accusation and a blotter report and have a wait and see attitude i am blinded by fandom?

The media has been running over the minds and awareness of the public for years and years. The NFL is all about media and influencing the perceptions before the facts are in.sure there are points to allow reaching a potential truth. but not enough to stand firm

twitterverse.

let it come to its natural conclusion.

Isn't that reasonable thinking here?

Edited by 3rdand12

Misdemeanor? Florida rules?

I did miss his demeanor. Didn't you? Hasn't everyone?

Hitting anything with a bat is a felony in Florida. Ask the marlins.

That explains a lot.

Then he should have sicked a flock of bats at them - after warning them appropriately and giving them the keys to his car.

I strongly believe that this would have been part of the interview process before Kromer's arrest. But you raise a good point. I already stated that if there was immediate threat to family or Kromer himself--like one of the kids threatening them with a fishing knife that paints the situation in a different light.

However, if this was true why have there not been counter complaints and charges? It seems like Kromer would be extremely motivated to get that story out in the 20 or so hours that have passed. When there was nothing counter by about 4 PM today -- I made my conclusion...too soon for some I guess.

That's the point. We just don't know. Maybe one of the kids is related to a cop. Maybe Kromer only lives there a few months a year and the kids families are year round residents and there is some resentment. It's also three against two. It's also VERY possible the kids made up wild accusations because they have authority issues. It's also very possible Kromer was a total ass and the kids were total asses but he really didn't do anything so criminal when the whole story comes out. Maybe he was even worse than it sounds. We don't know.