Van Miller Update (Update - RIP)

gomper

I'm not sure we do disagree. I don't think John Murphy is a very good announcer at all. The only reason I like him at all is because of the link with the old broadcast and the familiarity of his voice. Like I said, I did like him as a color man with Van back in the day. Do you ever notice how he constantly messes up little things- like he'll say the wrong score or he'll allude to the wrong team the Bills are playing? He does it a few times every game. Anyway the fact that this thread is still only on the second page speaks to my original point that Van Miller is underappreciated.

Yeah, I do agree with you there. He was adequate as the color man and gives a continuity/bridge to the Van era but he's just not suited to be the play-by-play guy. I want to like him but just can't seem to get there. And, yes, his mistakes on the little things are very annoying. Van spoiled us and, for that, I am grateful.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heartbreaking. Growing up in the 90s, it was amazing to hear his voice calling those great teams. I still remembering listening to him call the Comeback game. I got a few of those calls on my iphone. So lucky to have one of the greatest announcers of all time.

Rip to a legend. All the best to his family. He will I've forever in my heart and phone.

There's so many YouTube clips of Rick jeanerette and many of the great calls over the years. Yet there's barely any for van? Why is that? Did everyone lose all of the audio from the 90's?

Van was never flashy. That's not a knock on RJ, it's just the truth.

This is some of the saddest Bills news I've heard. These old timers were the last of a dying breed. Love the current team/administration/etc but nothing will hold a candle to the memories. And Van is a huge piece of that.

There's so many YouTube clips of Rick jeanerette and many of the great calls over the years. Yet there's barely any for van? Why is that? Did everyone lose all of the audio from the 90's?

If I could figure out how to do it, I'd be glad to share some of the MP3s I have. Not sure about copyright laws so I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Ted Darling > Rick Jeanetette.

I have a few of the Van games on cassette like the Oilers comeback and the 90 Raiders AFC Championship game lying around somewhere, they rebroadcast them before the 4th SB game, I wish I could find them right now. RIP Van.