Van Miller Update (Update - RIP)

gomper

About twelve years ago, my family and I were having dinner at Scotch N' Sirloin Restaurant on Maple Road. My brother was sitting across from me, and he spotted Van Miller over my shoulder. We weren't completely sure it was him until we heard that distinctive voice say, "I'll have the chicken cordon bleu." As a 13-year old, and already a big Bills' fan, I was eager to meet him, but didn't want to interrupt his meal. I saw him go to the salad bar, and I introduced myself, and that it was a pleasure to meet him. He was very kind.

Later on that evening, we were preparing to leave, and my mom wanted to say a kind word to him, and how much meeting him meant to me. He then unexpectedly LAUNCHED into the following play call, right there in a packed restaurant: "[insert name here] breaks through at the 40, the 30, 20, 10, 5, touchdown! And the Bills have won the Superbowl!!" Everyone in the restaurant was looking over in awe, and I could not believe what I was hearing/witnessing: Van Miller put my name in a play call that won the Bills the Super Bowl. One of the most memorable moments of my entire life.

Amazing.

Thank you so much for sharing

CBF

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic