2015-16 Buffalo Bills Negative Thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if players not acclimated to heat and humidity in full gear is causing some of these injuries.

Percy Harvin, wide receiver (hip)

The latest: Percy Harvin was seen walking with a heavy limp leaving the Bills' locker room Tuesday night before being put on a cart for transportation.
"Percy's thing was a little worse than we thought.
Sammy Watkins - hamstring
Robert Woods - tightness
Marcus Easley still out
Matthew Fairburn is doing a good job reporting , BN sign him up
Edited by ALF

I'm just getting some bad vibes right about now. Injuries are gutting our running backs and receiving corp, the OL is still shakey, particularly is there are any injuries at all, there is very very little depth on this team, and now Dareus is possibly becoming a malcontent, which would have a major negative impact on the team's strongest attribute. Maybe no matter how good a coach he may be (and I think the jury is definitely out on the question), Ryan may be snakebit and have bad luck follow him.

I'm just getting some bad vibes right about now. Injuries are gutting our running backs and receiving corp, the OL is still shakey, particularly is there are any injuries at all, there is very very little depth on this team, and now Dareus is possibly becoming a malcontent, which would have a major negative impact on the team's strongest attribute. Maybe no matter how good a coach he may be (and I think the jury is definitely out on the question), Ryan may be snakebit and have bad luck follow him.

Injuries are really hurting us and I agree--it's' negative. It's also frustrating, with all 3 WRs injured right now I can't tell if it's caution to make sure they're ready or if it'll bleed over. Same with Karlos and Shady. It bothers me Kyle may be hobbled. It all bothers me.

We have a chance to start really strong by maybe stealing the opener against Indy by virtue of being at home w/ energy and new roster and looks...then we play a Bradyless Pats at home. Then it's on the road to a competitive Dolphins team that could very well beat us in that spot at their home.

A huge part of the ideal path to prosperity this year is to steal 2 quick games against the toughest opponents on the schedule. You have to assume a split w/ the Pats at best, and a likely split with the Dolphins. You also have to assume a tight divisional race. So the first Pats game and the Indy game as a conference tie-breaker are huge. We steal those, we look damn good even if we drop a tough on @Mia week 3. If we show up banged up from the start and average at best at QB (which you have to assume re: qb)--could make the entire season an uphill climb w/ no room for error.

We cut our unquestioned team leader, and named a waterbug, 2 read, gimmick QB, who has been unable to throw a single TD pass in his NFL career and this preseason our starter.

This is the worst day I have had as a Bills fan in a very long time.

#goingon16years

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

We cut our unquestioned team leader, and named a waterbug, 2 read, gimmick QB, who has been unable to throw a single TD pass in his NFL career and this preseason our starter.

#goingon16years

Better than a one read no gimmick QB

What tbe hell? Why did they lock down all the Freddy threads?

#goingon16years

And ive been sayin that to myself that all afternoon Edited by mastershake

Really amazed this topic is only 7 pages.

I'm feeling down . . . really really down . . .

Can't believe Brady won . . . it's not even the suspension . . . its not even Brady . . . I just don't like the league loosing this much power. Ok maybe I just don't like a cheater being vindicated.

I'm really scared EJ will be good, but we won't give him the chance he needs in Buffalo. What if EJ and TT get injured and Meh gets cut, as I hope he does . . . what if we loose all our CBs . . . what if . . .

WHAT IF?

You just know the other shoe is gonna drop . . . things can't keep going this well . . .

I think something terrible is about to happen

What kids + players learned from that ruling... It's OK to cheat or to break the law as long as you have the money to take the NFL to court.

I can totally see the reasoning behind the ruling... Judges aren't lawmakers, they are law interpreters. The CBA needs fixing for both sides as far as discipline goes. What the judge(s) perhaps fail to recognize is the recentness of these transgressions. This is the first high profile cheating case to come up that I can remember besides Spygate and that wasn't against a player, but against the team. Before all these off the field issues that were so negative, there wasn't as much visibility of these things.

That said, I think the players should know - Breaking a rule once = X, Breaking a rule repeatedly = Y, Breaking the Law (felony) = Z. Then there is no room for questioning it in court. The commish can always reduce a sentence for extraordinary situations. They have that language as it relates to PEDs. The other real problem is with how you deal with lawbreakers who get off in court. How do you fairly adjudicate that? it's a big problem (Hardy)...

I see us being between 8-8 and 10-6 at best this year. Depending on injuries, you know, the bad bounce here and there. Depending how the ref's screw us. 10-6 at best if everything goes our way.

I love the guys predicting us to win the division, win the SB. So unrealistic.

I'm glad Brandon Spikes is gone. I always hated him, and can finally hate him again. Good riddance.

Seriously, I think that goes in the positive thread.

If we can trade EJ for a bag of balls, then our 1st 2 picks in the '13 Draft equate to Shady & a nice bag of balls -which is still better than Manuel & Alonzo. Wait. That's a Positive, right? Sorry.

Wrong thread.

AND, it would really be just our first pick since we traded down with St.Louis in 2013. It is true the negative folks have less facts and less "insert insult here".

Better than a one read no gimmick QB

That should be in the positive thread?

Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus and offensive line coach Aaron Kromer both began serving their suspensions Monday. Neither will be allowed to participate in team activities, including practice, until their suspensions are served.

Losing Kromer from practice for 6 weeks will hurt the offense just when they are making progress.

i guess this is a safe place to post this...

the penalties were annoying (though there were a couple of bs ones on the colts as well) but my big beef is with the rushing attack. the colts D line is supposed to suck and they were minus their best (supposedly) player, yet we really didn't accomplish much on the ground.

27 points or not, we're going to struggle offensively if teams can crown the line and take away our rushing attack.

i can't see us winning again this weekend averaging 3 yards a carry.

Did the Bills give up too soon on Hopkins

With a pointed emphasis on taking a lethal Rams' special teams unit out of the equation, Dustin Hopkins recorded four touchbacks along with a field goal make in his Redskins debut.
On the Redskins’ following drive, which started on their own 34-yard line, Hopkins ended it with his first career field goal attempt and make – a 46-yard try that went right down the middle without any concern.

Not using press coverage on the Pats* like the Jets used on Colts wrs.

If Brady gets rid of the ball in 2 seconds and mainley ustilizes short routes. Why the hell would you not press the receivers/man to man???

I prefer getting burned a few times vs getting burned an entire game.

This has to be addressed.

• 2 weeks later...

The most undisciplined team in the league won't go anywhere as long as the foolish penalties continue.

Was it my imagination or did the Bills really have that many penalties today? 15 or something like that? Unbelievable.

Personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties aside the refs were calling ticky tack calls on the bills even while the commentary was saying they were letting them play. I guess they meant just the giants. On top of that they pick up flags on the giants. Officiating is horrid.

Edited by What a Tuel