Which former Bill will have the best season on his new team?

Which former Bill will have the best season on his new team?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Which former Bill will have a the best season on his new team?

• CJ Spiller, Saints
    • Stevie Johnson, Chargers
    • Scott Chandler, Pats*
    • Jairus Byrd, Saints
    • Lee Smith, Raiders
    • D'Norris Searcy, Titans
    • Jeff Tuel, Jags
    • Eric Pears, Niners
    • Kiko Alonso, Eagles

Chandler doesn't suck. He'll probably make the Pats* roster. But he's a sorry excuse for a #1 TE.

He si not going to be the #1 TE. That would be Gronk. When Gronk is double covered, Chandler can worked the seams very well. Brady will find Chandler.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiller, Cooks and Ingram ARE their offensive weapons. It's a totally different situation than here. Payton has used guys like Spiller masterfully (Bush, Sproles). He will return kicks, catch a ton of balls and see 8 or so carries a game. IF he can stay healthy (big if) he will have a monster year. If healthy I am going to say something like 75 catches, 850 yards receiving, 6 TDs, 2 punt return TDs, 750 yards rushing, 6 YPC and 4 more TDs.

This will be fun to watch-- especially if you are right. I certainly understand how NO would be a better system for him to flourish. But, 750 yards on the ground and 75 catches? Does that mean he gets targeted, like 125 times?

I just don't think he's that good or has that much stamina.

This will be fun to watch-- especially if you are right. I certainly understand how NO would be a better system for him to flourish. But, 750 yards on the ground and 75 catches? Does that mean he gets targeted, like 125 times?

I just don't think he's that good or has that much stamina.

The last part is key. It is assuming between 12-13 offensive touches a game over a 16 game season. Will he play 16 games? Who knows, but one would have to think no. It's the perfect fit for him. I think that Chandler may be in the perfect fit as well.

I get the sense that Marrone is there to undermine Bradley and position himself for the head coaching position.

Basically his MO according to a former coach that worked with him. Always planning for the next job. I really don't have any doubt that he was planning on using that opt out once Ralph had passed.

Edited by The Wiz

Looks like Spiller in a landslide, and that makes sense. Despite some injury concerns he's still relatively "fresh" and he seems to be a perfect fit for Payton's offense.

I don't necessarily believe CJ's football IQ is very high, but he's such a good guy and I wish him well since he's playing in the NFC South. The Saints' offense should be fun to watch.

There are a lot of good players on the list but I gotta jump on the JC bandwagon for the same reason as everyone else: CJ's skill set fits Sean Payton's offense.

Shady will have many more yards rushing than CJ but Sports Center will show more highlights of CJ this year.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I don't understand the Chandler hate. He's a decent TE who can be good when used Correctly. Marrone never could.

But I went with Spiller. He's the Reggie Bush mold player that Payton has done a lot with.

interesting. I thought that overall, Chandler was used correctly based on what he could and couldn't do (except when they threw slip screens to him, wth). Edited by YoloinOhio

interesting. I thought Chandler was used correctly based on what he could and couldn't do (except when they threw slip screens to him, wth).

He's a decent pass catcher. That's what he is. He can't block. He can't beat you deep. You can't move him around or put him in motion. He can't beat you off the line. He's pretty smart and he has pretty good hands. That's what makes him a run of the mill #1 TE. He's in the best possible place right now, and probably the only team in the league where he would put up decent numbers.

I got Spiller on the Saints all day. He has a great QB running the show and an offensive mind that will get him the ball where he can make things happen. BIG year ahead for CJ if he can stay healthy. :thumbsup:

I got Spiller on the Saints all day. He has a great QB running the show and an offensive mind that will get him the ball where he can make things happen. BIG year ahead for CJ if he can stay healthy. :thumbsup:

The problem with the Saints si that their window of opportunity closed and they have a weak team at different positions. Even if they have one of the best QB in the league, they struggled last year due to the OL. And Spiller needs the perfect OL to run East-West.

interesting. I thought that overall, Chandler was used correctly based on what he could and couldn't do (except when they threw slip screens to him, wth).

I agree. He had 3/4 productive years with Buffalo because we did use him correctly - most of the time. He's more of a prototypical TE (tho not the best blocker) rather one of these New Age TE who are big WRs with excellent speed and no blocking ability. Unfortunately, Chandler didn't fit Roman's idea of a "Move TE."

Chandler will do okay in NE but he won't steal reps from Gronk.

The problem with the Saints si that their window of opportunity closed and they have a weak team at different positions. Even if they have one of the best QB in the league, they struggled last year due to the OL. And Spiller needs the perfect OL to run East-West.

The line Spiller ran behind in Gailey's offense was far from perfect Yet Gailey finessed Spiller to 6 yards per carry and 1700 yards from scrimmage. I expect Sean Payton to get similar production from Spiller.

Edited by hondo in seattle

They added a pro bowler (Unger) & the 13th in pick the draft to that OL. The OL should not only be improved but very good.