Which former Bill will have the best season on his new team?

Which former Bill will have the best season on his new team?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Which former Bill will have a the best season on his new team?

• CJ Spiller, Saints
    • Stevie Johnson, Chargers
    • Scott Chandler, Pats*
    • Jairus Byrd, Saints
    • Lee Smith, Raiders
    • D'Norris Searcy, Titans
    • Jeff Tuel, Jags
    • Eric Pears, Niners
    • Kiko Alonso, Eagles

The problem with the Saints si that their window of opportunity closed and they have a weak team at different positions. Even if they have one of the best QB in the league, they struggled last year due to the OL. And Spiller needs the perfect OL to run East-West.

Spiller will get way more touches via receptions than carries. He will be used just like Sproles was. Probably 6-8 carries a game, but 6-8 receptions as well. If he's hot running the football that game I would say he'll get 15 carries tops, but most of the damage coming on receptions in space.Again, I think Spiller is in for a BIG year if he stays healthy.

Edited by H2o

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought about this one for a long time (great poll idea) - so i'm a little late to the party. i'm not sure if you more meant 'best overall season' or 'most improved,' but here's my two cents:

a lot of people are taking spiller, and i understand why. its easy to point to his crazy chan gailey season, you know he has the ability to put up those numbers and he seems like a good fit in NO, but that dude has disappointed preseason expectations too many times, and missed too many holes for me to pick him again.

i'll take stevie, i think the switch from the likes of fitz & kap to someone at the level of rivers will be huge for him. i also considered byrd and kiko.

Spiller is going to be an absolute beast in New Orleans. He will be one of the best backs in the league. Payton will get him in space, and I bet he catches 80 balls this year. In addition to running out of passing sets. Spiller is a steal for New Orleans and a quarterback like Drew Brees.

For me it's a toss up between Spiller, SJ, and Chandler, but I give the edge to SJ because he looks to be an every down player catching passes from the best QB he will have played with. I could easily see a pro-bowl season from him.

i don't know if Stevie will be an every down player. He's third/fourth on their WR depth chart.

Spiller, if healthy, will be on the field for 2/3 of New Orleans snaps. Easily. The Saints defense is awful. They were always playing from behind. Thus, they are always throwing the ball. Payton absolutely has a specialty back, and has had one, since he's been coaching there. Spiller is 500 times better than what they normally used in Pierre Thomas, the Cadet kid, and they had one other kid too. As soon as they also find out that Spiller can run the ball a bit too, he will be unreal in New Orleans. He's in a perfect situation in New Orleans. Perfect.

Spiller, if healthy, will be on the field for 2/3 of New Orleans snaps. Easily. The Saints defense is awful. They were always playing from behind. Thus, they are always throwing the ball. Payton absolutely has a specialty back, and has had one, since he's been coaching there. Spiller is 500 times better than what they normally used in Pierre Thomas, the Cadet kid, and they had one other kid too. As soon as they also find out that Spiller can run the ball a bit too, he will be unreal in New Orleans. He's in a perfect situation in New Orleans. Perfect.

Khiry Robinson? He was supposed to replace Sproles last year but no dice. Spiller is indeed perfect. Edited by YoloinOhio

Khiry Robinson? He was supposed to replace Sproles last year but no dice. Spiller is indeed perfect.

Yep. Robinson. That's him. Thomas got old, and the other two were so so. Spiller will solidfy what the Saints are looking for with one stud instead of 3 guys that were all just ok. If he stays healtly, Spiller will be damn good. I think he'll have a "Gailey" like year, probably better, ..........easily.

Edited by Lv-Bills

i think pierre thomas is a lot more like fred than a lot realize. im curious if Kirby will back that up.

both lovable underdog stories. hard workers. always seem to do more than youd expect given their measurables. they do EVERYTHING very well but dont have the breakaway speed that gets headlines. always stuck in a committee role. lots of heart. always say the right things. Fred had that monster half season, but outside that i think they are very similar players.

i think pierre thomas is a lot more like fred than a lot realize. im curious if Kirby will back that up.

both lovable underdog stories. hard workers. always seem to do more than youd expect given their measurables. they do EVERYTHING very well but dont have the breakaway speed that gets headlines. always stuck in a committee role. lots of heart. always say the right things. Fred had that monster half season, but outside that i think they are very similar players.

100% agree and add in the community element. They are guys that embraced the opportunity and became leaders in the locker room and community. You will have a hard time finding someone in New Orleans saying a bad thing about Pierre.

They are very similar as players as well. Also, early in their careers the team's constantly tried to upgrade from them only to see them win out. I think that you are dead on NoSaint.