Da'Rick watch 2015

no problem owning my opinion on that one. i was going to stay MIA for the sake of not opening the debate back up but the "constantly running routes that draw defenders to other receivers" bugged me a little.

oh well - is what it is. getting the high upside guy sometimes lands you a jerry hughes, other times you end up with darick instead of hogan.

I think what got missed in the hubub (myself included) is that Hogan may turn out to be a decent player. The debate got turned sideways and became about the 2 players instead of the types of players (which I believe was both of your arguments). I don't have huge expectations for Hogan but love seeing "effort" guys making it. When I coached I loved having a "try hard" player, even if they weren't the best, as it seemed to get the other players that may have been more skilled to work harder.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even in hindsight he was a low risk high reward guy. The reward never came. Happens often, and I'm not insecure in my opinion about giving him a shot when we cut him.

And I'll bring up the same argument from two seasons ago. He was a low risk, high reward guy to bring into camp. Once the real roster decisions need to be made, the equation changes dramatically, and risk vs reward flips. Bills did not need to waste a valuable roster spot on a player who wasn't willing to put the work in, and whose negatives outweighed the positives.

I think what got missed in the hubub (myself included) is that Hogan may turn out to be a decent player. The debate got turned sideways and became about the 2 players instead of the types of players (which I believe was both of your arguments). I don't have huge expectations for Hogan but love seeing "effort" guys making it. When I coached I loved having a "try hard" player, even if they weren't the best, as it seemed to get the other players that may have been more skilled to work harder.

By all accounts, Hogan isn't a try hard Rudy Ruddiger type guy who is just the hardest worker ever, he's actually really athletic, like crazy athletic and very strong. His main issue was he didn't start football until late at life, having focused on lacrosse until his final year of college. I think he could be a Wayne Chrebet (not just saying that bc they're both white) type guy.

Not sure what it is about Hogan that causes me to have reservations. He's a fantastic athlete, has decent hands and appears to run good routes. He seems to want to be good and puts in the time.

To me tho he still looks average at best and has lots yet to prove.

As for DR, if he indeed lacks and is unable to develop discipline and a work ethic then of course he has no chance regardless of whatever physical gifts he may have. The NFL is crowded with world class athletes but the league is so competitive that they all have to bust their butts in order to have careers.

Maybe DR was one of Doug Marrone's few good calls. Meanwhile the Bills are still looking for that big receiver.

I admit I had my doubts about Hogan, but he has changed my mind--for the most part. He made a few easy drops, and that kind of a WR really can't afford to make drops. But more often then not, last year, I found myself screaming my, in my best Col Klink impression:

klink.jpg

Hogan!!!

I admit I had my doubts about Hogan, but he has changed my mind--for the most part. He made a few easy drops, and that kind of a WR really can't afford to make drops. But more often then not, last year, I found myself screaming my, in my best Col Klink impression:

klink.jpg

Hogan!!!

d

Every time Hogan does anything I do the same, makes my wife laugh.

He's decent - I was among the first to sing his praises when he was signed to compete with the likes of ruvell Martin and namaan Roosevelt. Dudes a good #4 but probably doesn't get much past that. Really the other prong of the argument is there are a lot of guys you can pick up that are try hard #4/5 options. Heck, hogan himself was a mid season free agent signing. I appreciate what he's done, just don't think it's terribly hard to find bubble WRs. Frankly he's been about what I expected in a good way- I just don't think it's that hard to replace with a similar skill set to hogan if that risky 53rd guy on the roster proves to flame out mid season and you have to bring someone in.

Edited by NoSaint

• 1 month later...

Why do we care about this clown?

5 GP, 14 rec. 192 career yards

seriously, he's a nobody who screwed up his college career and hasn't shown he can do anything at this level.

On a completely related topic, I have a student this year with a dumber name than Da'Rick.....meet Ms.

yep that her name, Ms. Not making that up

Why do we care about this clown?

5 GP, 14 rec. 192 career yards

seriously, he's a nobody who screwed up his college career and hasn't shown he can do anything at this level.

On a completely related topic, I have a student this year with a dumber name than Da'Rick.....meet Ms.

yep that her name, Ms. Not making that up

She still hasn't decided. It happens.

By all accounts, Hogan isn't a try hard Rudy Ruddiger type guy who is just the hardest worker ever, he's actually really athletic, like crazy athletic and very strong. His main issue was he didn't start football until late at life, having focused on lacrosse until his final year of college. I think he could be a Wayne Chrebet (not just saying that bc they're both white) type guy.

A Wayne Chrebet ???? Are you serious? Not only is Hogan big & strong, but he is also very fast & has pretty good hands. He will most likely improve his skills each year. He'll be here long after Goodwin & Harvin are gone. Did I forget to mention his speed?

He's decent - I was among the first to sing his praises when he was signed to compete with the likes of ruvell Martin and namaan Roosevelt. Dudes a good #4 but probably doesn't get much past that. Really the other prong of the argument is there are a lot of guys you can pick up that are try hard #4/5 options. Heck, hogan himself was a mid season free agent signing. I appreciate what he's done, just don't think it's terribly hard to find bubble WRs. Frankly he's been about what I expected in a good way- I just don't think it's that hard to replace with a similar skill set to hogan if that risky 53rd guy on the roster proves to flame out mid season and you have to bring someone in.

You underestimated Chris Hogan 2 years ago and continue to do so. If there are loads of guys just sitting out there waiting to be Chris Hogan then why can receiver needy team like the Bills were for years or let's say last year's Chiefs find them?