Bills' Mandatory Minicamp: June 16-18

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's important to note that practices are scripted. You work on situation football - inside/ outside run, screens, short yardage, etc.

Basically, the defense is at a huge advantage (and ours will always be because they are awesome) early in camp. The real test is when the pads come on and it's a full out scrimmage. Silly to draws any meaningful conclusions. Still fun to talk about in June. :)

Jay Skurski @JaySkurski 43m43 minutes ago

Second set of 11 on 11s, the 4 QBs had 12 drop backs. The unofficial results: 4 for 7, 5 sacks. 1 completion from Matt Simms of 10+ yards.

Jay Skurski @JaySkurski 1h1 hour ago

So far in 11-on-11 there have been 10 passes. Only positive play was a defensive pass interference on a ball that might've been uncatchable.

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports 3m3 minutes ago

Bills working on special end-game situations. Even having FG unit on field and holder Schmidt spiking ball from under center to stop clock.

Cool. I remember being snake-bit by Denver in a home opener where they got into FG position, everybody ran off/onto the field and the ball was snapped just time expired. (Y'all know the outcome) Still, I'm glad they're practicing this. There may not be 4 seconds on the clock and 1st things 1st, give yourself a chance.

Bills working on special end-game situations. Even having FG unit on field and holder Schmidt spiking ball from under center to stop clock.

Schmidt rotating in with 1st team offense at QB.

Cool. I remember being snake-bit by Denver in a home opener where they got into FG position, everybody ran off/onto the field and the ball was snapped just time expired. (Y'all know the outcome) Still, I'm glad they're practicing this. There may not be 4 seconds on the clock and 1st things 1st, give yourself a chance.

I remember one thing from that game, but I don't remember her name. I later learned that Kevin Everett broke his neck and they lost from a last second FG.

JoeB's take:

Bills QBs SO BAD that the punter is taking snaps at the position #hellyeahidid

Edited by LeviF91

Schmidt rotating in with 1st team offense at QB.

I remember one thing from that game, but I don't remember her name. I later learned that Kevin Everett broke his neck and they lost from a last second FG.

Desperate times call for drastic measures. :ph34r:

@jchenelly: Valued team observer @ #BillsMinicamp: Cassel has issues w/ accuracy. EJ learning, showing bright spots & growing pains. Tyrod takes Day 2.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Cassel's upside that he was the accurate veteran?

Again, apparently Tyrod was best.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Cassel's upside that he was the accurate veteran?

unfortunately, none of the 3 have a reputation for accuracy. I think Cassel's "upside" was his experience and previous success in a couple of his stints.

Mike Rodak @mikerodak 20s21 seconds ago

Former Jets OL Wayne Hunter trying out for Bills on Wednesday: http://es.pn/1LfFqEX

Jay Skurski @JaySkurski 9m9 minutes ago

Tyrod, EJ or bust. Cassell isn't good, if he wins this deal the bills will be worse off at qb than last year, with a lot of talent just rotting away. He's a backstop imo. He's the qb ing floor.

You know.....I never did this before today but has anyone actually taken a look at the ravens forums for fan opinions on Tyrod Taylor.

I am on page 3 of an old post there and not ONE fan has a bad thing to say about him....positives on character.....no bitching.......waited for his time and took advantage of him......quality guy....many think he is the best qb out of the 3 we have

Interesting.......

He was the backup QB who never played. In most every city, the backup QB is popular - until they have to play for an extended time...

JoeB's take:

Bills QBs SO BAD that the punter is taking snaps at the position #hellyeahidid

Very predictable Joe B comment.