Bills' Mandatory Minicamp: June 16-18

Percy:

- Lot of progress for the offense with timings and motions

- Very fast paced offense

- Sky is the limit for the offense because you can't key on any single weapon or position group

- Came here because it looks like a complete team that can be special in all 3 phases

- Still a goal to become a more polished, true receiver

- Has a high comfort level with the coaching staff

Gilmore:

- On pace to go full speed at TC

- Likes the physical nature of the scheme, allows him to make plays

- Excellent scheme for disguises and creating chaos

- Doesn't want to talk about 'Revis Role', would rather let his play do the talking

- Feels he can play smarter with experience instead of just playing on athleticism, cited Graham as helping with that

Thanks Hokie, appreciate!

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the game that EJ played last year in Houston and it was the worst game that I have ever seen a guy play. That isn't hyperbole either. It is burned into my memory.

You need to get out more, Son.

I'm not saying EJ played a good game. Quite the contrary. But it wasn't even the worst game I have seen a Bills QB play, much less the worst game I've ever seen an NFL QB play, much less the worst game I have ever seen a guy play.

So yeah, it is hyperbole.

Percy:

- Lot of progress for the offense with timings and motions

- Very fast paced offense

- Sky is the limit for the offense because you can't key on any single weapon or position group

- Came here because it looks like a complete team that can be special in all 3 phases

- Still a goal to become a more polished, true receiver

- Has a high comfort level with the coaching staff

Gilmore:

- On pace to go full speed at TC

- Likes the physical nature of the scheme, allows him to make plays

- Excellent scheme for disguises and creating chaos

- Doesn't want to talk about 'Revis Role', would rather let his play do the talking

- Feels he can play smarter with experience instead of just playing on athleticism, cited Graham as helping with that

I find this interesting. So much of what we heard was "Ground and Pound" so I'm curious to see what they try to set up in training camp.

Mike Rodak @mikerodak 1m1 minute ago

Former Jets OT Wayne Hunter is trying out for the Bills today.

Mike Rodak @mikerodak 3m3 minutes ago

Even with Seantrel Henderson back at practice, Cyrus Kouandjio continues to run at first team RT in warmups.

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 1m1 minute ago

Henderson didn't line up with either the first or second-team offensive line at the beginning of practice, though. #Bills

I find this interesting. So much of what we heard was "Ground and Pound" so I'm curious to see what they try to set up in training camp.

I was just thinking the same thing while listening to Percy. It matches up with Dennis Thurman's comments last week about how the offense getting in and out of the huddle quickly was putting useful pressure on his defense.

Seems to me a fast paced offense makes sense with this personnel now. With so many versatile players, we can indeed create a lot of mismatches and keep changing things without letting the defense have time to adjust.

I was just thinking the same thing while listening to Percy. It matches up with Dennis Thurman's comments last week about how the offense getting in and out of the huddle quickly was putting useful pressure on his defense.

Seems to me a fast paced offense makes sense with this personnel now. With so many versatile players, we can indeed create a lot of mismatches and keep changing things without letting the defense have time to adjust.

I think we could see Percy used in the "running game" too

Just curious as to the different reports between Sal C. and Joe B. from yesterday? According to Sal, the QB's had a good day and Tyrod Taylor stood out, but Joe B. made it sound like the QB's just improved a little bit. Seems like Joe B. is becoming more of a negative Nancy.

Mike Rodak @mikerodak 14s15 seconds ago

Not spotted at Bills practice today: Chris Williams, Aaron Williams, Alex Kupper, Tony Steward, Wes Miller, Cam Thomas

Just curious as to the different reports between Sal C. and Joe B. from yesterday? According to Sal, the QB's had a good day and Tyrod Taylor stood out, but Joe B. made it sound like the QB's just improved a little bit. Seems like Joe B. is becoming more of a negative Nancy.

fixed

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 14s15 seconds ago

Not spotted at Bills practice today: Chris Williams, Aaron Williams, Alex Kupper, Tony Steward, Wes Miller, Cam Thomas

It's also possible that different people have different opinions, considering the subjective nature of practices.

In actual context it was tied to the timing and motions comment. It sounds like the plan is lining up quickly in the right place, motion to cause confusion/get a read, run play, very little down time, repeat. Which could cause tremendous pressure on the defense as well as wear them down physically. Color me excited

In actual context it was tied to the timing and motions comment. It sounds like the plan is lining up quickly in the right place, motion to cause confusion/get a read, run play, very little down time, repeat. Which could cause tremendous pressure on the defense as well as wear them down physically. Color me excited

But as we've seen in the past, it could also tire our defense out when we go three and out 5 possessions in a row.

I know you guys are down on Joe. B. for being "negative" but let's be real here, haven't the quarterbacks been bad here in Buffalo for quite a while now? Isn't it possible that he's just reporting what he is seeing? I've always found Joe B. to be pretty informed.

But as we've seen in the past, it could also tire our defense out when we go three and out 5 possessions in a row.

That is certainly a risk you take with this concept, but it's an idea that has gotten Philly 20 wins in the last 2 seasons. I think it will hinge on turnovers more than 3 and outs

I'm just curious as to why we're hearing two different things from the Bills reporters (Sal & Joe). We all know the Bills QB's are not elite, but is Joe B. down on all of the QB's because they're not elite/Top 10? With the QB's, we know Cassel is a journeyman QB, Manuel has been inconsistent, and Taylor is an unknown as the only real playing time he's had in the NFL has been in the preseason.