Bills' Mandatory Minicamp: June 16-18

Greg Roman/s career is squarely on the line. With all this talent, this sky-high expectations, anything less than a top-10 offense will be a major disappointment that will hamstring any future shot at a head coaching gig. If he meets those expectations, he's likely a leading candidate to take over for a team after the Super Bowl.

If you believe anything less than a top 10 offense is a disappointment, you're essentially saying anything less than a Super Bowl championship is a disappointment. No way in hell we don't win it all with a top 10 offense and the #1 defense. 19-0!

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you believe anything less than a top 10 offense is a disappointment, you're essentially saying anything less than a Super Bowl championship is a disappointment. No way in hell we don't win it all with a top 10 offense and the #1 defense. 19-0!

Anything less than a serious playoff run will be a disappointment. But last year's #1 defense also had the #9 offense. Seattle made the Super Bowl but didn't win it. Denver was #4 O / #3 D. NE was just outside the top-10 on each side.

WOW! Shots fired at Marrone in this interview... Love it.

(Talking about the excitement level in the building and Rex's impact as well as the staff)

"... All those guys, you know. Finally putting together -- getting an NFL coaching staff in the building. You know, guys who know the game of football and they're passionate about it. So I mean, put that in there with us, you know just young, hungry people who are just excited to be out there on Sundays. You know, get those wins. It makes it very fun."

:lol:

And then at the end he takes another couple shots. Specifically says the coaching change is why he came back.

listened to this last night - wow! Tell us how you really feel Jerry. Hilarious! Gave Marrone the Bye Felicia.

Anything less than a serious playoff run will be a disappointment. But last year's #1 defense also had the #9 offense. Seattle made the Super Bowl but didn't win it. Denver was #4 O / #3 D. NE was just outside the top-10 on each side.

You have to add the +5 cheating handicap to the Pats though, so they were top ten in both as well.

Greg Roman/s career is squarely on the line. With all this talent and these sky-high expectations, anything less than a top-10 offense will be a major disappointment that will hamstring any future shot at a head coaching gig. If he meets those expectations, he's likely a leading candidate to take over for a team after the Super Bowl.

i dont think its all that serious. and coming from one of the worst rated offenses to a nearly completely revamped cast of characters and new themes and schemes.

Well i think if they look competent that will be fine by me. then next year build on that foundation.

top ten offense? seriously?

You have to add the +5 cheating handicap to the Pats though, so they were top ten in both as well.

LOL

tis true though

Edited by 3rdand12

If Greg Roman can get this to a middling offense like Chan Gailey did with Fitz, this team will make the playoffs and even win a game in the playoffs. If the line protects well, then the QB's will be above average and make enough plays to win games. Greg Roman has to work towards that

@SalSports

I dropped my Bills post-minicamp All-90 depth chart this AM (yes, I know there are only 89 on the roster right now): http://www.wgr550.com/Sal-s-post-minicamp-Bills-All-90-depth-chart/21672012

I don't want to get a nauseating and repetitive QB debate going, but I just want to point out my issue with how Sal keeps changing his order. He may be doing this with other position groups, but I've only noticed it with the QBs because that's what I'm mostly paying attention to.

Before mini-camp he had the QBs' chances to start at something like 70% Cassel, 20% Tyrod, and 10% Manuel. Then, after mini-camp, it changed to 50% Cassel, 27.5% Tyrod, and 22.5% Manuel. This was all based on what he thought the coaches were thinking. Not just himself.

Now, with nothing happening since mini-camp, he has Manuel 2nd behind Cassel. Is the change based on interviews? Is he reviewing mini-camp tape? What?Are his percentages even closer now?

For the record, I don't have a dog in the race, so this question isn't fueled by any animosity, except that the wishy-washy reporting only fogs up my outsider's view of who is actually performing the best so far. I need some good, consistent insight. If I had to choose, I guess I'm in the Anyone-but-Cassel group.

Do I care too much?

carucci says no. But if think they are going to keep him past this year, they would extend him to reduce the cap hit.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/06/26/bills-mailbag-hard-to-see-cassel-sticking-as-mentor-only/

when does the major portion of the cap actually hit?

I thought I read if they cut him by X it won;t be costly other than a late round draft pick

I thought I read if they cut him by X it won;t be costly other than a late round draft pick

Cassel has $4.15M in base salary and bonuses of $100K for workout and $500K for roster. Now I don't know if he achieved the workout bonus, but as far as I can tell, he shouldn't receive any money, and thus have no cap hit (other than potentially the workout bonus) if he's cut before the season starts. However several places say he'd have a $500K cap hit, which I assume refers to the roster bonus, although I don't know how he can achieve it if he's not on the opening day roster?

Cassel has $4.15M in base salary and bonuses of $100K for workout and $500K for roster. Now I don't know if he achieved the workout bonus, but as far as I can tell, he shouldn't receive any money, and thus have no cap hit (other than potentially the workout bonus) if he's cut before the season starts. However several places say he'd have a $500K cap hit, which I assume refers to the roster bonus, although I don't know how he can achieve it if he's not on the opening day roster?

No pay for minicamp?

interesting really. does this mean that Cassel is more expendable than i first thought?

geez i wish wish we kept Tavaris Jackson.

A ton of roster bonuses are in the spring, to force a team to make a choice before free agent dollars dry up. It isn't just 53 man bonuses.

Cassel has $4.15M in base salary and bonuses of $100K for workout and $500K for roster. Now I don't know if he achieved the workout bonus, but as far as I can tell, he shouldn't receive any money, and thus have no cap hit (other than potentially the workout bonus) if he's cut before the season starts...

and the Pats** pick him up just in time for their week 2 game prep.