Article: E.J. is beating out Cassel and Taylor in OTA's

pbanach

Especially since he is Rex's boy. Is anyone else getting a little annoyed that Rex keeps replacing mediocre Bills players with mediocre Jets players?

No. The bottom of the roster doesn't matter. The top of the roster matters and Percy Harvin was a good pickup.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially since he is Rex's boy. Is anyone else getting a little annoyed that Rex keeps replacing mediocre Bills players with mediocre Jets players?

just wondering why you are annoyed by it? It's a different system than we had last year on both sides of the ball. Kind of stands to reason that some former Jets personnel fit the current system and may replace "replaceable players" who don't. Standard operation with a new coaching staff. Edited by YoloinOhio

When should a offense be changed? Before it doesn't work or after?

What nonsense.

the only nonsense here is your trolling

You set a FULL season implementing a fast paced offense with a rookie most said needed molding and then scrap it.

Hell of a Genius Coaching job!!!

I'm curious as to how you reach this opinion on a series of events and circumstances that have yet to occur.

Because I think there is a large chunk of our fan base that has already made up its mind and won't let a little thing like evidence on the field change it. Basically unless EJ plays like Brady or Rodgers or Luck maybe I think there would still be people saying "he is not our guy" this time next year.

the only nonsense here is your trolling

You set a FULL season implementing a fast paced offense with a rookie most said needed molding and then scrap it.

Hell of a Genius Coaching job!!!

I can't believe I'm getting involved in this again but please stop telling other people that they're trolling just because they have a different opinion than you. Bills fan, you have said on this very website that if the Bills never switched to Orton and stuck with Manuel all season that they would've finished 12-4. Like you really said that and you weren't kidding- from what I could tell at least. What you fail to realize is that to an objective observer, that could very easily be perceived as trolling because it's an utterly preposterous opinion to have- so much so that a lot of people can't even tell if you're serious half the time. So please, just because someone thinks that EJ Manuel probably won't develop into a franchise QB does not make them a troll. You need to learn what that word means.

Imagine if you told me that you didn't think Chris Williams was going to develop into a all-pro guard and every time you mentioned it, I said, "You're just a hater... How dare you not support a player on the Bills... But his coach is now coaching in Jacksonville... He only played two games for us... Cyril Richardson came in and didn't do much better... But he was a first round draft pick... You don't think Chris Williams is ever gonna be that good? Stop trolling everybody..."

Edited by metzelaars_lives

My sources are saying this will go on until Sep. 12, 2015. At Least.

With Firechan, it will go until EJ is gone. No matter how well he may do, the crusade will live until EJ is no longer a Buffalo Bill. Even if EJ fails, he'll still find a way to keep it going. You can take that to the bank.

With Firechan, it will go until EJ is gone. No matter how well he may do, the crusade will live until EJ is no longer a Buffalo Bill. Even if EJ fails, he'll still find a way to keep it going. You can take that to the bank.

I haven't read every post the guy has ever written but I am assuming that he, like myself, is a diehard Bills fan and wouldn't spend countless hours on a website devoted to the Buffalo Bills if he didn't want the Bills to succeed. Therefore, if EJ Manuel miraculously develops into a franchise QB, I'm sure he, like all the rest of us, would be thrilled. No one is rooting for him to fail. I will use the Chris Williams example again: do you think Chris Williams is going to develop into an all-pro guard? OK didn't think so. So does that mean you are rooting against him? If he did develop into an all-pro guard would that make you upset?

I haven't read every post the guy has ever written but I am assuming that he, like myself, is a diehard Bills fan and wouldn't spend countless hours on a website devoted to the Buffalo Bills if he didn't want the Bills to succeed. Therefore, if EJ Manuel miraculously develops into a franchise QB, I'm sure he, like all the rest of us, would be thrilled. No one is rooting for him to fail. I will use the Chris Williams example again: do you think Chris Williams is going to develop into an all-pro guard? OK didn't think so. So does that mean you are rooting against him? If he did develop into an all-pro guard would that make you upset?

I'm not so sure sometimes :w00t:

Firechan knows I'm kidding a little bit. I don't think he wants EJ to fail. I would guarantee, however, that if EJ was to find success, that FC would bang the, "well Tim Tebow went to the playoffs and won a game," drum - saying that the Bills only won games because of defense/running game, etc.

I'm confident in saying that anti-EJ messages will come from FC every chance he gets, regardless of EJ's success or the team's.

And I do think many here are rooting for EJ to fail. Who's that one guy? Lestoil or Lee Royce or something like that. EJ could get cut in 8 years after the Bills win 2 super bowls with him at the helm and that cat would start a thread saying, "I TOLD you EJ Would Get Cut!"

Me personally, all I've ever said is that I think it's unlikely at this point that Manuel will develop into a franchise QB. I think the odds of him being our unquestioned starter week 1 2017 (I think a good indicator of whether or not he becomes our franchise QB) are highly unlikely. I've never said anything beyond that. Jim Kelly himself has indicated that he is not overly optimistic about Manuel's chances. And yet for maintaining that opinion, I've been called a "hater," I've been told I'm rooting for him to fail, I'm on a "crusade," et al.

I'm at like 30% Cutler posts, 30% Anti-Spiller rants, 20% Marrone did nothing wrong, 20% I don't believe in EJ.

Me personally, all I've ever said is that I think it's unlikely at this point that Manuel will develop into a franchise QB. I think the odds of him being our unquestioned starter week 1 2017 (I think a good indicator of whether or not he becomes our franchise QB) are highly unlikely. I've never said anything beyond that. Jim Kelly himself has indicated that he is not overly optimistic about Manuel's chances. And yet for maintaining that opinion, I've been called a "hater," I've been told I'm rooting for him to fail, I'm on a "crusade," et al.

Link?

I'm at like 30% Cutler posts, 30% Anti-Spiller rants, 20% Marrone did nothing wrong, 20% I don't believe in EJ.

:w00t::lol:

Firechan knows I'm kidding a little bit. I don't think he wants EJ to fail. I would guarantee, however, that if EJ was to find success, that FC would bang the, "well Tim Tebow went to the playoffs and won a game," drum - saying that the Bills only won games because of defense/running game, etc.

I think that if EJ elevates his game and becomes an effective starter, the story line will be, "Wow, this kid defied the odds and did something that very few young QBs on a downward trajectory have been able to do in turning their game around."

I think that if EJ elevates his game and becomes an effective starter, the story line will be, "Wow, this kid defied the odds and did something that very few young QBs on a downward trajectory have been able to do in turning their game around."

It will certainly draw Alex Smith comparisons and most likely get Roman a HC job

Having doubts is realistic and acknowledges the actual historical record but bending the truth to the point of breaking it needs to be called out. When it goes beyond accurate observations and reasonable conclusions, I and many others can't let it go. I haven't kept track of the sources for all the crap I have read here and at the BB site but it does make me think that there are some who'd rather win their crusade than have EJ prove to be the QB we have all been waiting for.

They are the same sorts of people who predict the end of the world and are then disappointed to have been wrong.

My sources are saying this will go on until Sep. 12, 2015. At Least.

:lol: So true.

Firechan wants to see the Bills win above all else. If EJ proves to be the guy, he'll still take shots (because he's entertaining like that) but I would bet it'd be more to rankle you than any sort of real malice. You're kind of fun to get riled up sometimes, Gungy. :beer:

If you've never heard Jim Kelly express his doubts about Manuel, I don't know what to tell you. He was fairly vocal about it last season.

Here, here's one: http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/12533/jim-kellys-full-thoughts-on-bills-qbs

Thanks for proving my point, being that you misrepresented what Jim said. At no point in that did Jim say he didn't like EJ's chances, you just read what you wanted to read from his comments. He said he didn't like what's he was currently seeing and hoped EJ would get better.

"EJ has all the potential, he just needs to step up and do it."

If you've never heard Jim Kelly express his doubts about Manuel, I don't know what to tell you. He was fairly vocal about it last season.

Here, here's one: http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/12533/jim-kellys-full-thoughts-on-bills-qbs

I have heard some "doubts/criticism"

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The more I look at NFL rewind from last seasons games

- the more I feel Marrone jumped the gun in pulling EJ after the Texans game

- the more I feel Marrone should have inserted EJ after the 2nd Miami game

Kyle Orton was playing like CRAP

EJ Manuel was playing about equal to Kyle Orton after Orton's first 2 games

:lol: So true.

Firechan wants to see the Bills win above all else. If EJ proves to be the guy, he'll still take shots (because he's entertaining like that) but I would bet it'd be more to rankle you than any sort of real malice. You're kind of fun to get riled up sometimes, Gungy. :beer:

This is what happened the last time Firechan pissed me off.

loxVxX5.jpg

The more I look at NFL rewind from last seasons games

- the more I feel Marrone jumped the gun in pulling EJ after the Texans game

- the more I feel Marrone should have inserted EJ after the 2nd Miami game

Kyle Orton was playing like CRAP

EJ Manuel was playing about equal to Kyle Orton after Orton's first 2 games

It's weird that both QBs started hot, and then became weirdly hesitant and conservative.

Thanks for proving my point, being that you misrepresented what Jim said. At no point in that did Jim say he didn't like EJ's chances, you just read what you wanted to read from his comments. He said he didn't like what's he was currently seeing and hoped EJ would get better.

"EJ has all the potential, he just needs to step up and do it."

What the hell else is he gonna say? He doesn't have the tools? If you listen to WGR at all and have heard interviews with Jim Kelly over the last two years, you would have heard him express his doubts over EJ Manuel's long term prospects as a QB. When myself and Bills fan 4 life are in agreement on an issue, it may be time to look in the mirror.

Didn't Jim Kelly throw five interceptions in the first half of one game?

Proving, of course, that EJ Manuel will be good because good QB's have had bad games. Ya know, Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf also had bad games. Mike Munchak had a bad game at guard one time, therefore Chris Williams is going to be a good guard in this league.

And also, no, he never even had 5 INT's in one game. Just looked it up.

What the hell else is he gonna say? He doesn't have the tools? If you listen to WGR at all and have heard interviews with Jim Kelly over the last two years, you would have heard him express his doubts over EJ Manuel's long term prospects as a QB. When myself and Bills fan 4 life are in agreement on an issue, it may be time to look in the mirror.

Proving, of course, that EJ Manuel will be good because good QB's have had bad games. Ya know, Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf also had bad games. Mike Munchak had a bad game at guard one time, therefore Chris Williams is going to be a good guard in this league.

Common man, yer better than that. You get into a lather faster than a can of BurmaShave on a hot day in June.