4 reasons Bills D won't miss a beat without Dareus vs Colts

It was never going to be more than 1 game. And 1 game is stretching it.

Oh, I agree. I never expected more than 1 game, if there was going to be any suspension at all. Just saying we are lucky he's only out 1 game because his presence is so important.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People want to rationalize his absence like it won't matter that much but it will. The guy is the best player on the team, his absence is huge. You just hope they can overcome it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Dareus. I'm not sure he's better than Kyle AND Mario AND Shady.

He will be missed, but it's not the end of the world.

People want to rationalize his absence like it won't matter that much but it will. The guy is the best player on the team, his absence is huge. You just hope they can overcome it.

i see it both ways. His absence is huge. They CAN overcome it, for reasons listed in this thread. Will they? We will find out.

i see it both ways. His absence is huge. They CAN overcome it, for reasons listed in this thread. Will they? We will find out.

I think we will be ok for a game. Hopefully we come out of TC healthy this year because our DL depth isn't that bad at all. Someone mentioned the Colts having Frank Gore now, but Gore is on the downturn and has a lot of tread on the tires. It could be a similar situation to Stephen Jackson joining the Falcons.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Dareus. I'm not sure he's better than Kyle AND Mario AND Shady.

He will be missed, but it's not the end of the world.

this,

they are all equally elite

Edited by papazoid

there are 2 things about the colts that are elite: 1)their passing game 2) vontae Davis. They very much struggle to run the ball and stop the run. They picked up some decent FAs this offseason but base on Grigsons history im not sold yet that he fixed the issues. If I'm the bills, I take a page out of the Belichik game plan from when NE played the colts in the reg season last year. Run the ball down their throats until they show they can stop it, and keep Luck off the field. I don't think their D matches up particularly well with our offense based on what we know at this time.

This is correct, and this is exactly what I expect them to do. All we've been hearing is "Ground and Pound" since Ryan took the podium in January. Expect a series of 7- to 9-minute drives. So...what's it going to come down to? We'd all better hope that Roman has the O-line in FANTASTIC shape. It's going to be hot and sunny, and the O-line is going to be expected to beat Indy's D-line into submission. Long, horrible, pounding drives stretching into the fourth quarter in the blazing sun. 21-10, or 21-17 Bills if the O-line is in shape. If not...we're all REALLY pissed off on Monday.

McCoy and Mario may have something to say about the best player, but yeah he's outstanding and Discounting the impact of him collapsing the pocket and disrupt the passing game is selling him short. His lack of prescience will be noticed.

We will miss Dareus in any game against any opponent in which he does not play.

Having said that, I say "Better Indy than NE in Game 2."

I want to hit NE right between the eyes, especially if Brady is not playing.

Gore didn't have anything left last year, let alone this year. I can't believe his signing in Indy is being looked as "game-changing". We'll miss Dareus for sure, but Gore won't have more than 50 yards rushing.

This is correct, and this is exactly what I expect them to do. All we've been hearing is "Ground and Pound" since Ryan took the podium in January. Expect a series of 7- to 9-minute drives. So...what's it going to come down to? We'd all better hope that Roman has the O-line in FANTASTIC shape. It's going to be hot and sunny, and the O-line is going to be expected to beat Indy's D-line into submission. Long, horrible, pounding drives stretching into the fourth quarter in the blazing sun. 21-10, or 21-17 Bills if the O-line is in shape. If not...we're all REALLY pissed off on Monday.

i thought it was a home game? :lol:

Gore didn't have anything left last year, let alone this year. I can't believe his signing in Indy is being looked as "game-changing". We'll miss Dareus for sure, but Gore won't have more than 50 yards rushing.

Gore ran for 1100 yards 4.3 per carry last year. Not bad for having nothing left.

i thought it was a home game? :lol:

Gore ran for 1100 yards 4.3 per carry last year. Not bad for having nothing left.

Kaepernick and a much better run blocking line. I will say I'm jaded because he was so inconsistent for my fantasy team. :)

but it's the Belichick style of coaching. I'll give you Gore if that takes away Luck like Super Bowl 25.

Phillip Dorsett went to Miami, not Ohio State like the article states. I don't why, but that kinda stuff drives me nuts. You're getting paid to do what a lot of people do for fun on TBD. The least you can do is get it right

Edited by billsgpr88

To say that the Bills will not have a pro bowl DT and "not miss a beat" seems a little crazy to me. At least they have time to prepare for him not being there but the DL needs to be dominant for the Bills to win this game and losing probably their best overall player won't help in that regard.

Also, that article made me sad by reminding me that the Bills cut Landon Cohen last season for no apparant reason.

Edited by vincec

Yep, Dareus is a Pro Bowler for a reason - he makes a difference. He'll be missed.

But the good news is that he'll be fresh for the Pats game and we know he won't get hurt in the season opener.

Furthermore, Rex might change the Indy game plan up a little bit with Dareus out. Belichick might not see on tape exactly how Rex will use his new DLine.

Every cloud has silver lining.